Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your thoughts on finding out the sex

Ms Lee Guest

I agree Serendipity. I don't like knowing what my friend's are having, it takes all the excitement away, especially when you know the name aswell. It's nice to leave something for friend's and family to be surprised about.

Hi there, we also changed our minds on and off! When it came to the crunch, we didn't find out as I was having a lot of problems just with remaining pregnant so didn't want to know the sex in case we lost him, I felt it might have been harder for me to deal with if I knew the sex.

We won't be finding out if there is a next time eithor.

We tried to find out with both our PGs but my lovely babies wouldnt move in the right place and they couldnt tell anything, but my u/s guy did say that he thought #1 was a girl but wasnt sure.

As we have 2 girls now, we have decided to find out the sex again this time, but knowing how nice my babies are, he/she may be mean and not let them see the right spot.

It also doesnt help that my youngest daughters teacher is PG now and has just found out that she is having a boy, so now my daughter thinks that we have to find out too, but she did say that if its a boy that we should just leave it at the hospital. LOL!

If I am having a girl, I have everything that I will ever need, as I have kept everything from the girls but if its a boy, we are in serious trouble.

Oh well, fingers crossed this little one moves the right way for us on the 23rd of November. Gut feeling is that we are having another girl.

lets see if I am right.

kaza_85 Guest

I'm not sure if i should find out or not. Alot of people have been telling me that it isn't 100% and also my partners parents don't want to know.
    Please help me! :smt102

Hey Kaza,

There are always going to be people around you telling you what you should and shouldn't do when it comes to decisions like this, so I really think it comes down to what you and your partner want to do. Have you had a talk about it?

They don't always get the gender right, I think there have been a few people here on BB who have been surprised by the little boy/girl they got in the end. But in the end it comes down to what you feel is right for you. Just don't go painting the nursery pink or buying up big on frilly dresses before the baby's born if they tell you it's going to be a girl ROFL

mama mel Guest

Hi Ms Lee,

I couldn't wait to find out with my 1st, if they could've also shown me exactly what she'd look like and what sort of personality she'd have I would've found all that out too! I was so excited and couldn't bear the thought of having no idea what 'it' was inside me and for some reason found it easier to bond with her after I found out. Why not find out as much as you can?

IMO having a your own amazing baby finally in your arms is more than enough of a surprise for me.

This time I plan to find out also, but more bc dh is really hoping for a boy (he has 2 dds atm)

kaza_85 Guest

Thanks Angel,
    We have talked about it and i think we will find out.
    I promise i will post it in this chat.

Pietta Guest

I knew the day i was pregnant that i was pregnant and that he was a boy! LOL- mothers instinct. I wanted to find out only to confirm to everyone that i was right!! hehehe

I think for the next one i will wait until the birth because if i have a girl ppl will go crazy with gifts of clothes anyway! I agree that it is a suprise whenever you find out too!

akimum Guest

I found out with my first that I was having a boy. We figured it will be a surprise now or when it's born so why not now. It's surprising how many people guessed we were having a boy by the way I was carrying. With this one I want to wait but DH wants to know. So what we will do is that he will fing out and not tell me but if a girl will buy something pink so at least she will have one thing until I can do more shopping.

Akimum

I didn't want ton know - I had this image of the birth in my head of the doctor going "It's a boy!" or "It's a girl!" I thought it would be a lovely surprise. DH however was sooooooooo keen to know.. but every ultrasound the sneaky Snowmonkey was wrapping the umbilical cord around its bits so by week twenty-something we had decided that it was just destiny and we're not supposed to know. Then I had another u/s and DH blurted out "Can you see what it is? Can you see?" and I just shouted "No! I don't want to know". So at the end the doc sent me out of the room and told DH. #-o I was quite annoyed and when DH came out of the room I looked at him and he said "I don't know what to do with the information". I looked at him and didn't know if I should ask or not. I said "It's not what you thought it would be?" (he thought it was a girl) and he shook his head. I said "It's a boy?" and he nodded and then I cried and cried.. I was so happy (I had thought it was a boy but had no preference really). Even though I hadn't wanted to know, finding out was so lovely! I also thought we wouldn't tell people but DH really wanted to, so we called our parents and told them.

I hope that next time round I will get my will and we won't find out. I really would like to leave it a surprise, although it is fabulous knowing that it will be a boy and being able to refer to the baby as "him". I don't call him by his name though - I keep on referring to him as the Snowmonkey - just in case they got it wrong.

I only had 1 ultrasound with my first, my insticnct said girl and I was right. When I was preg with 2nd I didn't want to know, I even had an amnio and they had the sex on record but we resisted temptation. I thought boy and I was right. The thrid I thought girl, didn't bother to find out and again I was right.

With my 4th I was sure a boy, but my view was tainted I had seen a psychic and a palmist and both said a boy, so I think I took that on board, we didn't bother to ask what we were having and at 38 weeks I had an ultrasound and we thought we saw boy bits. When Arron said It's a girl, I asked are You sure!

I haven't wanted to know in any of my pregnancies. I like Arron getting to say "IT'S a....". That's his job. I also knew if Arron knew everyone would know.

I think every one should do what they want to. My Brother new he was getting a daughter, I just told him not to tell me what he was getting, I didn't want the surprise spoiled. Although some things gave clues so we sort of knew, especially when they picked the only name we liked, but we were first cab off the rank and had first dibs. They didn't mind, they got a niece called Jemma and a daughter called Olivia, which suits her and was her first word.
    Cheers Michelle

I thought I wanted to know - my scan was yesterday. But I told the songrapher no, and after that, no amount of persuading would get him to change his mind - he even tried the "I haven't actually had a closer look" - yeah right!
    But the point is, now that I know I can't find out, I'm completely OK with it,a nd kinda happy I didn't find out. I dont think it will be less of a surprise, but it will be nice finding out on the big day!
    I reckon go with what feels right - and I'm pleased now I dont know.
    Fi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12