Thread: Another FREAK OUT for the day....

Unhappy Another FREAK OUT for the day....

So I went out to lunch with a co-worker to my local Golf Club and had a lovely lunch and we lashed out and had dessert as well. Well I get back and another co-worker askes me what I had ? Battered Fish & Chips and then Choccolate mousse?

She then says ? oh you cant have tartare Sauce or Chocc Mousse ? they are bad for bubs!!! Now I feel terrible!!

So here I am TOTALLY freaking out!!

Please help me AGAIN?..

What's wrong with chocolate mousse? It's just chocolate basically. Unless she meant the caffine in the chocolate? Can't see anything wrong with the sauce either, i eat it all the time..

Thanks Anthia - im really starting to get jack of ppl filling my head with horror stories and making me feel bad for eveything I put in my mouth!! Its stressfull enough JUST being pregnant let alone analyzing eveything I eat / drink!!
    Ok vent over!! heheh

I wouldn't worry too much, it's really hard this eating whilst pregnant & ppl always worry about PG women.

Maybe she was thinking the raw egg aspect? like custard & mayo. Currently I ask when ever I buy stuff if there is egg & yep usually if I want it, it has it but we all forget or eat something we shouldn't. The other week I ate swordfish... who would have thought that was one of the worst mercury filled fish I could have eaten!! I felt bad but bub is still good. I think a lot of it is fear of what could be... i'd be interested to see what the figures actually are.

Some people should just stop and keep their opinions to themselves. It is truely hard enough without people analysing your every move. Dont worry too much, I've had both and more and nothing is wrong with my dd.

I ate both those things when I was pg and my babies are fine.. Of course there are some things you need to be careful of but to be honest if you stopped eating everything "they" told you not to eat you would be very hungry and grumpy

Enjoy your pregnancy it isn't meant to be a chore

she would have meant the raw eggs in the chocolate mousse.
    I totally forgot and ate it while I was pg with DS, and I made it myself
    maybe she thought you didnt know and that she was helping?

The best advise I can give you is to stop listening to other people ( yes I also mean your mum your MIL nanna's EVERYBODY!!!!! ) as if you think its bad now just wait until you have your baby!!! and if you let them you will let "well meaning people" make you feel like you cant do any thing right!!! Believe me you can do it all!!!

If someone gives you any advice just nod your haed and say thanks I will try that next time and then completly let it leave your mind... Only listen to the advise YOU ask someone for and nothing else...

Sorry dont want to put a downer on anyone but I know that you get so much info these days thats it really hard to know whats right and whats wrong... You know whats best for your body and you will know whats best for your baby...

Woman have been doing this for hundreds of years...

Thanks eveyone - I have googled about the chocc mousse and all the info says that the ones you get form shops and resturants are ok coz they are made from powder and just re hydrated and whipped up - its the one you make at home the "real" version thats the concern as it contains raw egg.

The tartare sauce also doesnt seem to be a problem either according to all the info I have read.

I know ppl are trying to help me and I am greatfull that ppl care about me enough to contribute - it just gets all to overwhelming for a first time preg ladie!! Espec when my first preg ended in m/c.

I will just do my best to eat all the right things and do all I can to give my bub the best start to his / her life... thats all I can do!!

Cheers
    Kate

I didnt know choc mousse contained raw egg. I've made it at home and never put egg in it before.

forgive me if im wrong.. but raw egg can give u salmonella which is food posioning.. which can be nasty during pregnancy.

Antheia it's because to make it you have to whip up the egg whites.

Kafer, I wouldnt worry, bubs will be fine