Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: beanie baby - please stay

I just want to give u hugs and some sticky vibes, my little man who has just turned one, was told that he was not viable, i was told that i had a sac which messured 5w 3d and according to my lmp i should have been 6w 1d, there was no embro nor heart beat and i was to return in 2 weeks, his heart beat 2 weeks later was only 85, and remained this way for weeks, again i was told he was not viable and to expect a m/c, i bleed for 12 weeks and around 15 weeks his heart beat jumped to 177, and he is now a happy smiley baby.

So just keep thinking positive, dont give up just yet, they dont know why he was slow to get started and he was born 2 weeks early. So ur little bean coule just be taking its time getting cosy for a nice 9 month ride.

Good luck hun, i wish u all the best.

you don't know me nor do I know you, but I just wanted to wish you all the best and I hope all turns out okay and your little beanie baby stays put for it's mummy and daddy!

Sending you lots of sticky vibes.

x

Yes, I had a similar situation. I was 5 wk 2d and bleeding in the morning. Went to an emergency gynecologist for a scan and saw only a yolk sac since it was too early to properly see an embyro (still too small at 5 wk). Also saw a subchorionic hematoma that was the cause of my bleeding. Went back for another scan at 6 wk and saw a tiny embryo and heartbeat that was very hard to discern (my gyn said "you'll just have trust me!") and hematoma had shrunk.
    Probably you just have to wait a few days until your little one is big enough to see in the ultrasound.
    I hope everything goes well for you!

I had bleeding from weeks 5-6 with DD2 and my scan at 5w3d showed a sac and nothing else. The following week at 6w3d we had a blob with a heartbeat and now a little girl. Fingers crossed for you hun - I hope your bub is a sticky one

Oh and strangely enough the bleeding stopped right after the 2nd scan showing the heartbeat

Nae
    my first scan with Gremlin was at what should have been just over 6w, but we could see nothing on the normal scan apart from the sac - no pole, no bubba. given it was an assisted conception pregnancy they changed to an internal scan, and at that point, we not only see the sac, but a teeny little bubba with it's heart beating away beautifully.

at 5.5 weeks, your baby is literally only point something of a millimeter, so it's damn hard to see it from the external scan - most docs don't even like to scan that early. i'm hoping everything is much clearer on your next scan hun

take it easy - try to stay positive

BG

i really am praying everythings ok nae,
    lots of hugs and sticky vibes.
    love rach xxxx
    mark said to tell you he hopes everythings ok.
    xxx

Nae - Again Sam and I are still thinking of you. Get plenty of rest and try and relax as much as possible I suppose, although easier said than done. So sorry its sending you both crazy. Don't worry about anything at work - we'll have it covered.
    Take care

I had an internal US at 5wks 4 dys when I was pg with Sam and we still didn't see much at all, I only had the US because I had brown discharge and was worried about m/c. Ob measured the sac and it measured well, I he;d my breath and went back 2 weeks later & saw hb. Good luck, 5wks is very very early. I hope you have some positive news

I just wanted to send you some extra sticky vibes. I hope everything goes smoothly for you and DH. I second what a lot of others have said. Put your feet up as much as you can and just relax as much as you can right now.

You poor thing... I know how horrible & worrying this is. I began to bleed (sometimes red, sometimes brown, sometimes spotting, sometimes gushing) at just over 5 weeks. i had an ultrasound done, & all that was seen was the sac - the drs said it was too early to see anything else.
    The funny thing was, although some drs at the maternity ward were pessimistic (due to the bleeding), the head dr came to see me & said she had a "good feeling" about my baby - & that she thought everything was going to be alright. She said she just "felt" that everything was going to be fine.
    It was wonderful to hear this. And you know what? She was right. I'm still bleeding (at 15 weeks now), but my baby is doing wonderfully. I've had about 11 or 12 U/Ss by now, & have been able to see my baby grow from week to week. All you could see at first was a sac, then a couple of weeks later, a heartbeat, then a tiny baby, & now a bouncy, wriggly babe! Drs keep telling me that they are VERY optimistic about my baby - & now I feel optimistic too.
    Even though I am still bleeding, apparently there are many non-worrying reasons why a pregnant woman may bleed. Sure, it is not ideal, but it is not necessarily anything to be concerned about.
    I cannot understand why they think you will miscarry over the next week or so. I mean - you are still so early... (although, of course, I am not a dr - just going off my own experience & what I've been told).
    I really wish you & your baby the very best of luck & wishes.

EDIT: Even at 5 - 6 weeks they couldn't see much more than a sac with me - even with an internal U/S

Holding you in my thoughts and prayers - hoping it's good news as the week unfolds. xxx

I had a scan at about 5wks and only saw a sac. I really hope and pray this bubba sticks for you. Stick for mummy little one. I hope your next ultrasound goes well.

I'm sorry, I haven't heard of this before, but I'm thinking of you and praying for a positive outcome for you. Stay positive.

Nae, just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and really hope this is a sticky little bugger! I'm sure I've read of other girls on BB who have gone through a similar situation to what you've described and all turned out well / is going along well.

Hang in there and know that so many of us are thinking of you

Thanks everyone for your kind words and support

So far not much is happening, we had our GP appointment yesterday and I am completely overwhelmed with information - which is a good thing I s'pose.

We spoke in great lengths about what will happen if Beanie Baby isn't sticky and what the further testing will involve, basically first step will be bloods to test for lupus (sp?) they may also do one, which I can't remember the name but basically where they stick a camera inside you and look around the uterus, sounds like fun as you go under general anesthetic (sp?)
    I said to the GP that I kind of hoped that they reveal nothing is wrong but I know that the things they test for are treatable - which is reassuring in itself.

Where we are at ATM is just waiting basically. I will go back to Pathology on Thurs when the Nurse I see is on (she is the only one I see) to get my HCG count done again, then providing all is ok with that then I will be off Friday week (3rd April) for another US.

GP did say there is a strong possibility that we may still see nothing and that the sac could grow without anything and that the pregnancy then would be considered not viable and written off as blighted ovum (sp?) which I need to research to understand properly.

So the joys of the waiting game are still being played, I guess the good thing is that DR said to get plenty of rest - at least I am becoming well rested and going through all the DVD in my library

Thanks again everyone, my hope increases everyday that there is no blood but am also very aware that we are not out of the woods yet.

Nae x

I was wondering how you got on yesterday. Not having anymore bleeding is a great sign and definately something you should hang onto. Glad you are able to get the rest you need too. How long before you know your results of the test on Thursday? Fingers crossed that they are super great and that next Friday's scan shows a gorgeous little belly babe.

Im keeping my fingers crossed that every thing turns out ok, and at ur next scan, u get to see ur little beanie.
    Good luck hun.

I have everything crossed for you Nae

(((hugs)))

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast