thread: Bleeding During Pregnancy - Women's Stories Of Bleeding In Pregnancy #3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Mar 2008
    Sydney
    229

    Curlygirly, hope the bleeding has stopped. I had a bleed at 12 weeks and again at 14 weeks with our twins and they're here now healthy and happy. Lots of people bleed during pregnancy for whatever reason and continue on to have healthy babies. My bleed was caused by a clot but it had disappeared by 18 weeks. I was told to rest and to do no lifting at all. If the bleeding hasn't stopped, I'd go and get checked out. It will put your mind at ease. Sending you hugs

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Jan 2006
    country victoria
    1,055

    Hoping someone may be able to help.

    as you can see I'm 13 weeks, although at my scan I was measuring ahead which would put me at 14 weeks. I have felt a bit funny this afternoon, nothing I can really put my finger on but just not quite right.

    Anyway was sitting on the couch doing some folding and I sort felt a bubble bursting sensation between my legs (sorry if its TMI) we have a visitor over so I didn't say anything, thought it felt weird and I was hoping it wasn't my Pelvic Floor really letting me down.

    Put my boys to bed went to the toilet and there was about a tablespoon of bright red blood in my knickers (no clots) it has been nearly 2 hours now and I haven't had anymore bleeding.

    I'm just so nervous, my first pregnancy was a missed miscarriage, and I had a bleed in my next pregnancy but that was at 8 weeks I have had a scan which showed bubs was going along well. I live in the country and if I go to the clinic tomorrow I know I will just see any old Dr who won't specialise in OB so wonder if there is anypoint or if I just wait til Monday.

    I hate this feeling, we have only just made the big announcement too.

    Edit, went to the toilet after writing this post, and there was more bloody. It is going to be a long night. Guess threre isn't much I can do but hope that it has stopped by the morning,. I hate this feeling

    Just thought I would edit this for anyone reading through. I had an ultrasound and they could see that the bleeding had come from the placenta. I have a low lying placenta, not covering the cervix but close to it which was more than likely reason for the bleed. I'm not 21 weeks and have had no further bleeding and am just hoping that the placenta will move up so that I can avoid a c section.

    Final edit, had a scan at 28 weeks, placenta has moved up and I'm right for a natural delivery. And I have had no further bleeding throughout this pregnancy.
    Last edited by megs; October 30th, 2011 at 10:52 AM. : more info

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Jun 2011
    Adelaide
    1

    Bleeding at 6 weeks 4 days

    Hi all, i'm new to the forum and i want to firslty say this has been a good read.

    My story is this, i was 12 weeks pg in Dec 2010 when i m/c'd. Am currently pg again at 6weeks 4 days, has u/s last week and all good so far and have heard bub's heartbeat.

    I have been bleeding slightly for the last three days, on and off, not much but enough to scare me!!! Getting a little worried and don't have an appointment with OB until July. GP said not to worry but it hasn't stopped so far.

Similar Threads

  1. Metformin and pregnancy
    By Aranah in forum Pregnancy Forums
    : 11
    : January 12th, 2010, 02:42 PM
  2. Early Pregnancy and HcG Levels
    By Astrolady in forum OPK's, HPT's & Other Home Tests Discussion
    : 4
    : March 4th, 2009, 09:15 AM
  3. QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS FOR PREGNANCY Funny
    By melly in forum Pregnancy Forums
    : 25
    : January 16th, 2009, 12:42 AM
  4. What does RLT actually DO?
    By Janie in forum Birth Forums
    : 6
    : March 20th, 2007, 09:24 PM
  5. Cochrane Review: Aerobics in Pregnancy
    By BellyBelly in forum Pregnancy Forums
    : 1
    : October 17th, 2006, 06:51 PM