Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleeding During Pregnancy - Women's Stories Of Bleeding In Pregnancy #3

Default Bleeding During Pregnancy - Women's Stories Of Bleeding In Pregnancy #3

Quote Originally Posted by BellyBelly View Post
    As some of you will know, bleeding during pregnancy, especially during the first trimester, is quite common, with varying degrees of bleeding. The reasons too can be varied, which are listed in the article on the main site of BellyBelly HERE - well worth the read for all. However for those in our forums, I thought I would start this topic as it's a very common topic of discussion and it does happen to many of us.

I wanted to make a specific place where women can share their experiences of bleeding in pregnancy, with both positive and negative outcomes. I know of so many varying stories, where women have still had a 'period' right through their whole pregnancy, even bleeding and cramping for the whole pregnancy, yet have had healthy babies. There are also those who are unfortunate to have miscarried as a result of bleeding.

If you feel comfortable sharing your story, please do. If you are uncomfortable discussing bleeding in pregnancy, that's totally fine and there is no pressure to contribute whatsoever. Hopefully this thread can bring support to our members who are experiencing bleeding during pregnancy, which of course can be very upsetting not knowing what is happening.

If you have any questions or feedback about this topic, please email me at [email protected]

The previous thread can be found HERE

Default Pain and spotting - Period or hope?

Hello: I don't know if this is the right forum, but here's hoping it is.

I have been trying to get pregnant for about 18 months. I won't bore you with the history, but right now I am on my 7th day of a missed period. In other words, it should have come on April 6th. I have never been this late, and so now as you can imagine I am wondering what all these pings and pangs really mean (not that I haven't felt them before, but not at this level)

I had a P test on Friday as I was weeing all day Friday and felt absolutely trashed. Plus I had a strange burning sensation right at the front. The test was neither positive nor negative: the line was very very faint. The doctor told me she thought - from all my other signs - that I was P but wants me to go and get a blood test on Monday when the levels will be higher and more detectable.

It is Sunday now, and even though I have had spotting on and off last week (not every day and never more that the size of a 5 cent peice, and not possibly a period) today's spotting - dark red - has come with some deeper pains, almost like p pains but a bitmore frontal, and like electricity, jabbing. The blood is also a bit more, but only when wiping, not flowing.And, about the size of a 20cent coin. Still not enough for a period.

I am wondering what this pain is, and if I am getting my period. Could I be Pregs and be having a miscarriage? Are you supposed to feel lots of pain with a m/c or little? Isn't spotting normally around the day of a missed period, not a week after? I am a little concerned. I have to not get my hopes up. (thanks for listening)
    Marley

Hi Marley

Honestly it is hard to say - could be breakthrough bleeding, or implantation bleeding - I had a small bleed at 5.5wks and freaked - dark red. On the flip side, yes it could also be an early m/c - every womens experience is so different it is hard to generalise what it feels like for individuals. Some people have no pain and start to bleed, others have some spotting and then period type pain which gets heavier.

Good luck for tomorrow, I hope it is just some implant or breakthrough bleeding for you too Post again and lets us know your bloods.

PS you are soooo much more patient than me, you haven't tested since Friday and I would have POAS every hour

Sam

Hi Sam, thanks for the advice, you are right, we are all so different. I guess we hang onto the words of others and look for the similarities so that we can answer our own questions, but in the end you just have to wait, don't you. re testing, you are kind, but I don't know if it is patience or my fear of the single red line! Although I did go thru a stage of buying Ptests all the time- I was getting obsessive!

As it turns out, I was in pain last night and the blood started to flow more, is a bit more like normal colour and with bits. So I am not going to get a blood test becuase I know this is the period that - for some strange reason - was holding off. That is probably why that test was so unclear. I am not P after all, and will just have to move on ...ahh.. seemed so close!! (it's not as though we don't get used to this tho!). Oh well, look on the bright side, at least I know I am fertile!(I had all the tests I could -except the F-tube one, and my hub was tested too). The blood flow is a relief in a way becuase I feel like I have 'popped' and the pressure is off. I do wonder if it is an early m/c. always wonder 'bout that. Also, there is no major pain, so I am not worried anymore.

I was pregs at 18 and, for certains reasons, terminated it. Back then the only thing that I notice was large boobs! Little did I know that 20 years down the track I would be going through all this, but it is a good lesson - not to expect everything to always go right. Yes, age will certainly be a factor with me, but I am a young 38 yr old

(this is an additional edit: just wanted to know if anyone else has had a similar situation as above, but has also had the egg-white mucus (normally associated with ovulation) coming out in equal quantities with the blood - it is very strange, have never had this before - incidentally, the blood is still flowing )
    Marley
    Last edited by Marley; April 14th, 2008 at 12:57 PM.

Ahh....I just went to the toilet and there was brown spotting.
    I'm so scared, I hope this isn't bad.
    What do I do now?

SaraJane - how frightening for you. Have you had any more spotting since you posted? If still brown, I would see your GP tomorrow to discuss. If it gets worse now or overnight, I know it is a Friday night, but get it checked hun.

everyone is different - fingers crossed you just had some implantation breakthrough or something that took a day to come out :goodluck2:

let us know how you go.

Sam

Thanks Sami. I haven't really had anymore since then. I hope it doesn't come back! It's pretty scary.
    I've booked an appointment to see my GP on tuesday coz she doesn't work until then. But if it gets worse before then I'll see someone else!!

SaraJane, I know it's hard not to worry when you have some spotting, but brown spotting is usually old blood and nothing to worry about. Definitely talk to your dr about it, but I just wanted to put your mind at ease, especially over the weekend .

Thanks Trish. It's still there this morning. Looks like a light brown colour and not enough to go on my undies, TMI sorry!!
    I'm so worried, I hope nothing is wrong. I am trying to be positive and think that it happened right on 8 wks, might just be breakthrough bleeding coz it would be when AF would be due.
    I hope it goes away soon
    I don't have any cramps or anything. And I still have sore bbs and I hadn't had any morning sickness but it seems to have started over the last couple of days. I'm just praying that these are all good signs.
    Last edited by Heaven; April 19th, 2008 at 09:28 AM.

It sounds like you are right about the breakthrough bleeding SJ, it makes sense with the timing and the fact that you aren't cramping, etc is all good. Can you get into another GP today just for peace of mind? I'm praying for you

Oh Sara having sore BBs and nausea started recently is a good good thing! As long as the bleeding isn't red it *should* be ok.... I am so hard for you that all is OK. Try and stay strong as hard as that would be.... must be very scary for you. You've waited so long for this pregnancy you deserve a healthy strong bub.

Thanks girls. DH had to go to work today so I have no car to go anywhere. But if it gets worse I will ring him and he will come home and we'll get it checked out. I am just that it stops. I'm trying not to worry but its so hard. DH is being positive which helps. Wish he didn't have to go to work but he really had to, don't want to get him in trouble for not going.
    Thanks for being there, it's better to have ppl to talk to about it.
    Anyway, DH got me some dvd's before he left so I am going to go lie down and watch one now!

hey SaraJane,

I hope everything is going ok for you. I had both brown spotting and bright red bleeding in my first trimester (from 5.5 through to nearly 9 weeks). At times I was convinced I was m/c'ing, and was stressed out of my scone. I did end up being advised to reduce my activity right down (wasn't allowed to go to work for ~ 3 weeks), but got through it fine (apart from going more than a little stir-crazy at times!). So hang in there, look after yourself and take it easy! It doesn't necessarily mean things will go wrong, and maybe it's just nature's way of saying "hey, be lazy for a while". Also, I totally agree that the sore bbs and lack of pain is a good sign. I'm thinking of you and sofa-land and sending a big

Pls let us know how you're going!
    Belfie

Thankyou Belfie!!
    Well yesterday there was less spotting, hardly any, and so far since I've gotten up today there hasn't been any So hopefully it stays away. I'm seeing my Dr this morning at 10.30 so will see what she says. Hopefully it was just a bit of breakthrough spotting coz it's when AF would have been due. I'm going to ask for a scan to check I think but I'm so scared of them not finding a heartbeat!!!! ahhh....it's going to be a worrying time but hopefully it's all over soon and everything is great!!

Hi Sara Jane, how did your scan go? Is everything ok?

Hi

I hope someone out there can perhaps help me out here. We started trying for a baby last month. My period was due on 8 May and I'm usually always on time (give or take a day). About three days before I was due there was a bit of spotting - brown colour - and after seeing this forum I figured it was some old blood. It only lasted that afternoon and then nothing. My period didn't come on the due date so two days later while in NZ on holiday I took a test. It wasn't very conclusive. It looked like it could have been positive but the line was very faint so I thought it was just too early to tell so was going to do another one when I got back from holiday. About five days after my due date I went to the toilet and there was blood. I thought it would stop but it didn't. I was out hiking the Milford Track so was in the middle of nowhere (the hike hadn't been too strenuous and I'm used to doing a lot of exercise) and didn't know what to think. I had tampons with me so had to use them. It's now been five days and there is still blood. My husband thinks that my period must have been late but I'm usually never that late. How would I know if I had a miscarriage? My breasts were sore about a week before my period was due and I was sure I must have been pregnant. They were sore right up until the bleeding started. Now they are no longer tender.

I only just arrived back from holiday tonight so haven't had a chance to see my doctor. I don't know if it was just a case of a late period or if I was pregnant but miscarried. I didn't have really bad pains when the bleeding started but I was quite crampy.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Monique

Default Who should I contact

I'm having very light spotting, but it is continious - in that every time I go to the toilet, there is blood when I wipe. I am 6 weeks pregenant.

I want to get this checkout, but who should I see
    My regular GP
    Midwife (Am going to a birth centre, due to see them for the first time on Saturday)
    Or A GP that deals wtih pregnancy/birth, a list was given to me by my GP
    Or should i just go down to emergency?

Hi Dolly

Well I'm still not pregnant so I'm certainly not an expert on these matters but if I were you, if it's spotting then I would go and see your GP about it. It may be nothing but at least you can find out now as otherwise you are just going to worry yourself sick about it. You don't want to stress yourself out even more.

I hope all is ok. I know you must be feeling rather anxious but stay positive.

Monique

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast