Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bounty Bag

Default Bounty Bag

I've heard people mention bounty bags and I was wondering what are they and does every pregnant woman get one? If so, when do I get mine and where do I get it from?

TIA

Enchanted Guest

Your hospital usually gives them to you. One at you first appointment, then one when bubs is born. My hospital didn't provide them

The bags are filled with samples of nappies and all things baby related. They also have discount vouchers etc. Nothing too exciting but something fun to look through

I dont think many hospitals do them anymore as I got them with DS and DD1 but none at all for DD2.

The current Bounty Bag is a little disappointing. Only a few samples....years ago it had heaps!!! Lots of good reading material and discount vouchers now though.

Had my first appointment yeaterday and got nothing. was a little dissapointed as i got heaps of info with my DS. Waiting for the next baby expo in sydney in may just around the time i'm due so probably wont be able to go but they have heaps of freebies

my GP/OB has a box of them in his office! You are meant to get one when you find out your expecting, one at your hossy appt and one when your baby is born... or thats how it went with me!! I must just be lucky

My girlfriend had one sent to me - not sure how she did it .... she said it didn't have as much as in as hers did one year ago, so maybe they aren't getting as much financial support as they use to!

I got mine from the hospital with DS. That was only last year. Otherwise you can pick them up from some chemists. Have a look at the bounty bag website and it has a list of all the chemists that stock them. Or you can order them on the site too.. think you just have to pay for postage. Mack sure when you get the one for a new mother (after babys born) you use your pixi photo coupons! Ive had some of DS done and theyre great! You get a 13 x 10 photo for free.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I got my first one. I was expecting a family sized block of chocolate coz my sister told me she got chocolate in her first bag for each of her pregnancies. No chocolate! The rest of the stuff was alright. Looking forward to the next one when bub is born and then the 3rd one you get from Target (well in SA anyway)

Thanks for all the replies ladies I'm going to check out the bounty bag website and ask my ob about it at my next appointment.

I was talking to a health nurse the other day and she said they don't give them out any more, I took it to mean that bounty bags don't exist anymore but she could have just meant that where they work they don't give them out, I'm not sure.

Have a look at the bounty bag website. It has all info.

Thanks JoJoB1

My hospital didnt hand them out! I did get the 3rd one though, the one you get aftre your baby is born and you pick it up at Target. It only had a few samples though. But there was a coupon for a discount at TArget which I used on baby stuff!

I got them with DD but not with DS because the hospital said that they advertise too much on bottles and not on breastfeeding.(different hospital to the one i went to with DD)

Some drs and hospitals stopped getting them a couple of years back when they had a panadol sample in them, as they thought it was inappropriate. I got one with 1st preg, but the hospital I'm going to this time don't get them.

The target vouchers and pixi foto vouchers are really good though so will visit the web-site now!

Not fair I don't get one either being a homebirth. So that means I miss out on the one from Target too. That's the best one to get.

Lyn - definitely ask your OB - I got mine at my last OB appt but they almost forgot to give it to me. The midwife was sort of walking out the door when she turned around and asked if she had given me one. Sometimes they just forget.

You get the 2nd one from the hospital when your baby is born and there is a redemption voucher in that one to get the third one from Target. They usually have a couple of magazines in them which are nice to flip through and a $10 Target voucher which is always handy.

Trish - Last time my hospital forgot to give me the 2nd one since I checked out so fast but if you go on the bounty website, there's a number you can ring and they will send you the coupon that you have to take into Target to pick up the third one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast