Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bump position

I slept on my back until I was about 36w last time, but I had to have pillows under my knees. Another person on this site slept on their tummy until about 30w. Try not to worry too much.
    As Kate I think it was that posted the positional thing is only important in some pregnancies in the later stages. And I still maintain - sleep in the way you can! If its on your back with pillows all round you - all power to ya!
    If I sleep in an uncomfy position for bubs, it soon lets me know by sticking a foot in an uncomfortable space.

Shez, if you don't mind me asking, surely sleeping on the left side would mean pressure on the Aorta then? The veins have pluses to help keep the blood going, whilst the aorta has the big pressure of the heartbeat, surely the pulses can help?

OK, second page, one moment...

I think I'm going to stop worrying about how I sleep for the moment - I have it bad enough with the freaky dreams (can ingrowing leg hairs grow 2m in length?) and rolled over last night anyway. LOL, I guess it's like how baby sleeps: we're constantly told changing rules over which side babies can sleep on, like when I was little it was back NO, tummy YES, now it's the other way around. So long as you can roll over, no worries!

Good to hear other people have a "sided" bump. All my little "is that Liebling or not?" feelings have been on the left, so just have to keep my fingers crossed for a leftie baby! Yay for the lefties! (LOL, I'm the typical left-handed person, only makes sense I have a leftie bump really.)

Hi,

I dont know what it is, thats just what ive been told over the years, that its to do with pressure on the major arteries in your body and left side or sitting up is the way to sleep, but like i said that is mainly apparent for women in the 3rd trimester.

Considering you are still early on i would say go ahead and lay whatever way you want to until you get heavier.

It does get confusing how they always change their "theories" every couple of years with so many pregnancy and baby related things.

Do what you you feel most comfortable doing, you know you best

Firstly most of this info does pertain to later in pg yes so slepp how you are comfortable.

Ryn your Aorta starts at the back/top of your heart and goes up and behind.. so slepping on your left doesn't add pressure. Your vena cava enter from sort of right and below therefore are at risk of compression. Your body will soon tell you if they are compressed so just listen to your body and bubs and you'll be fine.

I am only 13 weeks but have quite a considerable bump already and just noticed today that my line down my belly is offcentre though bump doesnt seem to be... very strange!!
    Nets x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12