Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are caesarean's that bad??

becmc Guest

My c/s was awful, i have/had pnd, didn't bond with my son for ages and couldn't even get myself around the house for a month, needless to say I am having a vbac this time.
    Becky, definately look into your options. C/s seems like an easy option if you have any fears from your previous birth, but in the absence of any medical reason to have one, the risks are actually really scary, and very real for a low risk healthy woman. I don't know how bad a third degree tear is, but think about what they do during a c/s?? Not just a small cut that needs a few stiches, and it can have an impact on everything from your emotional to physical wellbeing, and can also have an impact when you have more children.
    Having said that, I know a few women who have had elective c/s's and had a great recovery.

Hi Becky
    I have a booklet called What every pregnant woman needs to know about cesarean section. If you would like a copy email me and I will send it to you
    [email protected]

becmc Guest

I totally agree it is about personal choice, but when obs only tell you the reasons for having a c/s, but don't tell you the risks that come with it then that isn't really making a choice because you don't have all the information. Someone needs to be telling women the risks of c/s, if they don't want to know fair enough, but if the obs aren't being honest(or not telling the whole truth) then someone has to be.

Every birth is different i have one person I know who barely has a scar, had no pain and a perfect c/s while another had stitches rip open twice, internal bleeding, an infection and has very bad scarring and saggy and bunched up skin around the scar. Shes not doing anything about it because she wants more kids but desperately wants a tummy tuck and the scar tissue fixed its been really bad for her confidence. There are risks no matter what you decide to do just make sure you explore all your options and talk to drs, family, friends etc..

Good luck in making your decision, just make sure your armed with information and resources before making it and make it for YOU no one else

Could someone please tell me why forceps are used ??? I dont get it
    Caro my sister had to have forceps with her last baby with her c-section because he was still stuck up high he hadn't even become engaged. I guess they use forceps instead of cutting you open more than they have too.

With Eleanor they had to use suction to get her out as she was stuck to fatty tissue and they also had to make another cut.

Becky i have never had any bonding issues with any of mine even with not being able to see Kimberley for 10hrs and not being able to share a room with her for 4days. Eleanor has been the only one that i have had any contact with after birth.

Before my c/s, the Ob spent about 20 minutes explaining all the risks involved...even the really minor ones.

Also in the theatre, the Anethetist (sp) went through them all with me again.

Mason got stuck as he was breech, and they had to make my incision larger so they could extend their arms right up inside me to grab his head which was tilted back. Im pretty sure they didnt use forceps though...just a lot of force. One man pushing from the top...and another pulling from the bottom!

Kirsty77 Guest

I went public and my doc spent alot of time explaining the risks to me(about the spinal and the actual risks of the c/s itself. They MUST explain the risks, just like if I would of had a VBAC they HAD to explain the risks to me. Any doc that isn't doing this simply isn't doing their job, even for my emergency c/s they explained the risks as they were taking me up.
    Caro-With Jasmine they used forceps as she was not engaged either and up high.And to be honest I didn't even know they used forceps either until I had gem and they were explaining things to me before they did the c/s that they may have to use forceps!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123