Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Dennis Price Fan Club

Relle was an absolute champion. I should talk about you on another thread, hun. Everyone on this one knows how amazing you are!
    Actually I hardly ever look on other threads ... I should get onto it now that I have the time!

kirsten, was there any reason that you didn't end up using the bath?
    BTW Dr D was fine with my birth plan. He passed no negative comments or questions. Said it looked straightforward and to not forget to bring it to the birth. He also said great things about Relle (as my doula).

All that makes it feel so much better for me!
    *sigh*

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

aaawwwww Nox - you are a sweety! Chat away about me, so long as it it all good!

Huni - you are so well prepared, You are going to have an awesome birth experience!

Nox: I didn't even think about the bath. Don't know why, maybe because there was no way I was sitting down for anyone, I stood up most of the time and when I wasn't standing I was kneeling and leaning over the fitball, I ended up with VERY swollen ankles and grazed knees Also if it's wasn't mentioned I forgot everything in labour! Which is another reason the birth plan was important. And why DP was SUPER important.

Relle - you'll be getting a bus soon lol!!! Toyota Tarago maybe, the family truck?

Nox - how exciting finishing classes, thats when you know the end is near.

Kirsten - I have 3 1/2 years between mine and there are good and bad points for it. Sometimes I think the gap is too big, other days its perfect! I like the independance Chelsea has and can dress herself and play by herself etc while I spend time with Marley. But now Marley is walking, the fighting has started as Chelsea can't understand why she won't leave her toys alone! I am still trying to work out if and when to have #3, so maybe I'm not much help lol!!!!

Ros - great news that everything is OK with Alexander Robert (beautiful name!). You must be such a good mum to your boys that destiny decided to send you another one.

Right this is really all SO confusing!!!!
    Off to Lorne tomorrow and the deal was that I would pack a labour bag ... following from all the lists though it seems a LOT of stuff to pack!!!
    Did you all have massive suitcases to take in -- what with labouring stuff, hospital stay stuff, baby stuff, etc etc etc ... I have a suitcase that just has diapers and pads! What is that???????????

Nox - how funny!!!!

The list they give tends to be a bit long, but I know first time round I packed everything they told me and I marked it off religiously. Second time round I knew what to leave out. I had one small suitcase for my stuff (which wasn't too much), my trusty make up case and one very small kids suitcase for baby stuff. I didn't have to supply nappies so that was one big thing to leave behind. If you not sure about anything just ask us, we are sure to steer you in the right direction!

Have fun at Lorne.

Nox: I used all of the cabrini baby clothes and nappies, so only take something to take the baby home in, unless you feel like you REALLY NEED to dress in all the new clothes.

The list is long...we had one labour bag, my bag, Darren's bag and Quinn's bag...and a BEAN BAG!!!!!! We took it into labour but I didn't like it at all once we got there. (Its a great one that I used to love lying in when I was pregnant it has a belly hole in it - in my calmbirth classes I loved the beanbag in the practise labour sessions Anyway your DH can always go home and bring stuff if you forget it.

Morning Ladies!

Well I am onto day 3 of being home alone with all 3 of them. It has not been as bad so far as what I thought, although feed times are a bit tricky. I am desperate for our move though as Cooper is still waking the entire household at 5 - 5.30am. Angus is sleeping through till around 6am though, so I feel very lucky with him. He is brilliant at night, can be a little bit unsettled through the day, or sleeps all day, no in between really! lol

I can't wait till we have more space and outside area for the boys to play, am hoping that more room will tire the boys out more and they sleep better.

Not much else happening here, still doing plenty of appt with clients, took on a new client last week due in Jan, my first gig as a fully fledged Doula, so that is exciting. I have updated my Doula profile on here mentioning Cabrini as a regular hospital for me, so hoping to get more births there.

Hope everyone is well and all of the bubbas are growing nicely and getting ready to meet their mummys!!!

hi all!!

well, i'm back from my holiday to perth - it was great to just hang out at mum's house and do nothing!! i got more sleep than i have in YEARS!! am happy to be home again, although am getting a bit grumpy at night time having to share my bed with my DH - it's hard enough getting comfy these days without him hogging half of the bed (ok, he only gets about 1/3 of the bed these day, but still..)!!

glad to hear that Angus isn't giving you too much of a hard time relle, and i'm sure your upcoming move will be fantastic for the boys - how nice for them to have a garden to play in!!

Nox - have fun in Lorne (or are you back already?!). i started packing my bags for hospital yesterday. i went to the Breastfeeding Association shop and stocked up on disposable undies, breast pads and some nipple shields.. i also went and bought some maternity pads - didn't know which brand were best so bought a packet of each!! will have to see which i like better and then send my DH out to get more of them for me (he'll love that errand - not!!)...

Kirsten - do cabrini supply disposable or cloth nappies? i'm bringing a whole pile of baby clothes to hospital with me. not because i'm adverse to using hospital ones, but because i've received SO MANY gifts of newborn and 0000 clothes that if she doesn't wear them in hospital i'm afraid that she'll outgrow them before she ever has a chance to wear them!!

we had our hall floorboards polished while i was away and they look FANTASTIC!! and there are carpet men here and the moment putting new carpets down in the formal lounge and dining and in the nursery - i'm SO excited, i can't wait to see the finished product!! i keep walking up and down the hallway peeking in to check on their progress!! i haven't been able to get started on the nursery yet because of the renovations, but i suspect that i'll be up until late tonight making it nice and homely!!

Ella: Cabrini supply cloth nappies, which was fine with me - I use cloth anyway. they prefer it so they can see how much wee the baby is doing. You sound very excited and your house sounds brilliant - how exciting for you! She? Ooh a girl...did I miss that somewhere in the thread - I could have I was MIA for ages.

Hi Bogan! You are such a champ with your millions of kids! Bet you can't wait to get some space around you - I will be there dumping Quinn in the cage with your boys

Quinn has had an awful cold which he got from his dad and now I have the beginnings of the stupid thing - DAMN COLDS making me miss out on the BEST strawberry shortcake in the WHOLE WORLD!!!! Hard work having a grizzly sick boy, Monday was the worst day but Quinn slept nearly all day, now he is having a hard time getting himself to sleep.

Anyway i need to go eat something - and it's not strawberry shortcake unfortunately!!!! Oh well.

Relle - i knew you would manage just fine! Great that Angus is being a good boy for you. Now if you could just get Cooper to sleep in a bit lol!!! I don't know how you get up at that ungodly hour. How fantastic getting a new client, you'll be turning them away soon. I'm sure the weeks will fly by and you'll be in the new place soon. The boys wont know what to do first with all that space.

Ella - good to see you back. Glad you enjoyed the R&R in Perth, good opportunity to do it now. PML about the pads, I bought the biggest, thickest ones I could find and they were brilliant as they cushion your bits! I bought plenty but also changed them all the time so ran out! DH had to do the run to the supermarket and had to ring me while he was there to make sure he had the right ones! Things they do for us!!! I used all my own clothes in hospital too for pretty much the same reason, had lots of things and lots of gifts to use and I am a sucker for cute baby clothes. How exciting with the renos underway, hope you get to start your nursery soon its such a rewarding job putting things away and getting it all set up. Have fun!

Kirsten - poor Quinn (and you!), this year has been rampant for colds. Hope it doesn't hit you too hard. Strawberry shortcake sounds pretty good! Your making me hungry now.

Wonder where Gigi is these days? She went to Noosa ages ago.

Hi girls,

Ella - that is great to hear you had a great time in WA. Lap it all up now hun before bubs arrives!!! How exciting about your renos nearly being finished. It will be so exciting for you to set the nursery up! I used the Cloth nappies in hospital too, cause it is much easier to check that bubs is doing all that s/he needs to be doing! lol

Fahncy - ohhhhh I am counting down the days big time to the move. We have actually hired removalists this time ( very luxurious for us! ) as we have NO WHERE to pack and store boxes ( those of y ou that have been to my house know what I mean! lol) The Strawberry shortcake was AWESOME!!! Sorry hun, I will make it for you when you can come! lol I also made Tuna casserole and chicken cacciatore for tomorrow nights tea. ( tonight is lasagna and is already sorted) Suzy homemaker has been hard at work here today.

Mel - YOu are spot on hun, the boys will not know what to do with themselves with all of the space they will have, I can't wait to be able to send them outside when they are getting loud and feral!!

I hope I do get to turning away clients, that would mean that business is going well! Don't forget you girls to let me know of anyone I can help as a DOula. Especially if they are going to Cabrini, Waverley or Jessie Mac!!!! lol I am hoping to get most of my business at Cabrini, so I can build a rapport with all of the midwives as I know half of them already and know they are totally supportive of Doulas.

oh, well if cloth nappies are the preferred option in hospital then i guess i'll go along with them too! i might chuck a few disposables in the baby's bag as well (she has lots of spare room in hers because her clothes are SO small!!) just in case i get frustrated with the cloth ones for some reason...

kirsten - yes, i was told that i was having a girl at my 19-week scan. i asked the sonographer how sure she was and she said "about 99%", so i hope she was right... not that the sex matters that much, except that i have a house FULL of pink outfits!!
    sorry to hear about the colds that have struck you all down.. i have been VERY lucky and haven't been sick AT ALL this year... well, not a cold or flu - i've had the usual preggi complaints, but even they have been very mild... i hope my luck continues! i know that i'll be absolutely beside myself the first time my baby is sick - i bet i'll want to rush her to hospital with every cough and sniffle!!

Mel - okay, i am one of the biggest culprits for buying the baby outfits (would buy lots online when i was working and get them delivered - he he he!!), but i've ALSO got a lot of gifts, so i'm blaming other people's generosity for the gross surplus!! i had to tell my mum last week to STOP buying me baby clothes!! i thought i would never hear those words from my mouth.. but she buys really lovely (and pricey) outfits, and i was starting to feel too guilty and worry that they would never get worn!!
    yes, i thought about the big pads being more comfy (ie. lots of cushioning).. i have kotex, stayfree and libra so will give them all a bash before sending my DH on his way!! i must say, as i stood there studying all of the sanitary ware i saw some Teena undies (like nappies for incontinent women i guess).. i was thinking - they could be very handy for wearning to bed at night the first few nights... but i didn't have enough guts to pick them up and read the packet... i wonder whether they would work for blood as well - i assume that they would because surely the volume of blood that i'll be losing won't be as high as the volume of urine that we output... hhmmmnn, might have to do some research!!

relle - i'm sure that you'll pick up lots of clients in no time!! i have my cabrini antenatal classes starting this sunday and will keep my ears *****ed up for anyone looking for a doula!!

ok, well the carpets are laid and look fantastic!! i'm just about to get started on the nursery - wipe down the skirting boards, window sill, and inside the wardrobe and then get to work setting it all up!! i suspect i will not get to bed until late tonight.. not that it matters at all with my new-found freedom of maternity leave!!

Ella: ask if people can get you clothes in size 0, I found I had HEAPS of teeny tiny outfits in 000 and 0000 (which Quinn wore for about a week) and nothing in 0....you get to a point where you actually run out of tiny clothes!! RE: pads (women will talk about anything won't they??) I thought the big cushiony ones were a bit too big and had the opposite effect, the midwives will show you a trick to sitting down with 2 towels that will sort out that problem I think when you are pregnant you are immune to everything, you have all of those lovely antibodies flying around that attack anything that comes your way. Lucky you - this cold is nasty!!!

Bogan: Of course the strawberry shortcake waas awesome!! Removalists is VERY fahncy a$%#ed of you. Are you trying to be me? I was remembering the old days when I thought you were a 13 year old boy stalking for pregnant women PML.

Mel: It hasn't really hit me too hard, although I have the scratchy throat and feel VERy tired - more than normal.

Hello ladies!

I am just back home from the week away ... wonderful 180 ocean views!!! *sigh*
    I wasn't totally comfortable though because for the first time this pg I was totally uncomfortable. Nothing is good -- not lying down, not sitting, not standing .... and I couldn't do any real walking because I had to go to the toilet every 5 seconds! BAH! On top of that, I think that I am actually BIGGER again, if that is at all possible! But it is really wonderful to feel such movements and know that the little one is settling in -- hopefully for a smooth and graceful exit ....

Welcome home to you too Ella! How wonderful to spend time with family!

I am now about 3 weeks away -- hear that, Relle?! hehe Am officially off work, although DH bless him is trying to get me to run a project quickly (!!) and I have been mysteriously enrolled in a number of business seminars. Seems that I am taking a bit of a career change ... interesting ...

OK I am going to go through the whole birth bag thing again to see what I need. So far, I have not included my clothes, just pads! hehe
    Plus I haven't got ANY 0000 clothes is that actually a problem? I know that I shold prob get some ... I haven't got heaps of baby clothes because I am superstitious ... so we will see what comes I guess later on ...

Anyway good to be back -- hope the colds and 'flus are clearing up!

hi ladies!

just thought i'd better reply to bump our thread up before it was relegated to (gulp) page 2!! can't have that!

tick.. tock.. tick.. tock.. ooh that's nox's baby timer i hear clicking - not long to go now - woo hoo!!

well, 35 weeks today and have just about finished packing my hospital bags i think... have more tops that i can poke a stick at, but no pants to wear!! i have a few pairs of PJ pants and tracky pants that i'll bring in with me, but i'll be wearing them over the next few weeks so will just have to pop them all in the washer and dryer when i go into labour!! have a multitude of pads packed, and some lovely new Hot Milk maternity bras... also have my trusty GHD straightener in there as well, although that's in my "secondary" bag that will live in the boot of the car until i'm settled in - don't want to walk in there armed with too many bags to start with - he he he!!

haven't got much packed in my "labour" bag - can't think of anything that i'll want... have some bathers and some lollies, a PSP for my DH, a CD with some CalmBirth music on and that's about it!! the plan is that i'll only arrive at hospital in time for the business end of the show, so hopefully won't have time to get bored - ha ha ha - hope it all goes to plan!!

i'm feeling very well and spritely of late - i think it's due to my new life as a lady of leisure... i can stop and rest whenever i feel like it, and have been getting more sleep than i ever have in my life before!! i find it hard sharing the bed with DH (he cramps my side-sleeping style), but have been getting plenty of naps in during the day...

the baby is getting very big and strong and my poor skin in stretched terribly, with stretch marks appearing last sat and multiplying since.. was a bit depressed about it for a few days but then i got a message from a friend during the week saying that she had lost her baby (found it had died in utero when she went for her 12-week scan), so that put my stretch-mark sulking into perspective, and now i'm just happy that my little baby is so big and healthy!

hope everyone is doing well and hope to hear some action from Nox soon!!

Kirsten - how are you and Quinn going, hopefully over the dreaded flu now.

Nox - wow, time is ticking for you and not long till you meet your little bubba. Any feelings as to whether boy or girl? I was convinced that my second one was a boy, had boy names picked out and was even tempted to buy boys clothes! Got the shock of my life when they said "Its a girl", I had to look for myself just to be sure lol! You might need some 0000 clothes, depending on the size of the baby. Marley was 7lb 10 and she was in 0000 for about 4-6 weeks. Maybe have some on hand JIC.

Ella - how did the nursery go, all set up? I went and bought some new things to wear in the hospital (Sussan has a range called Lounge wear which are so comfy but look nice too), like yoga pants, tops, new undies, pj's etc so I could have my bag packed without having to worry about remembering anything (I am bad with that at the best of times!!!). I am glad I did it as I probably would have birthed Marley at home if I had of hung around packing my bag (but I did strangely find time to put a bit of makeup on and do my hair before we left LOL!). I am a person who puts make up on as a daily ritual and made sure make up bag was the first bag in the car (yes I am crazy!). Great to hear you are getting plenty of rest, its so nice not to worry about work. How sad for your friend and I can see why stretch marks were forgotten after that. Hope she is coping OK.

Hi girls!

oohhhhhh Nox and Ella you are both so close now - how exciting!!! I am officially on call now for Nox - so it is THAT close!!!!

I bet you girls are starting to get a bit over it and just wanting to meet your bubbas now.

Ella - I always wore comfy clothes in hospital, I am not really a pj person, and you always had visitors etc, so I reckon the comfy clothes is a goer. It certainly does put all of our aches and pains into perspective doesn't it when you have someone close lose a bub.

Mel - How are you gorgeous? oohhhhh Marley is still such a cutie petite little thing! I still can't believe you put your makeup on at 3 in the morning - while in labour! lol I would not have stood a chance, I really would have birthed on the driveway!

Kirsten - how is the mighty Quinn going?

Ros - how is Alexander going hun? Growing away nicely in mums tum I bet.

Well had better go and get ready to go out for lunch, the 3yo is feral today, so hoping a play will help!

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast