Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Dennis Price Fan Club

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Hello lovely ladies!!!

Nox - gorgeous, the end is definately nigh - just over the horizon, and you are doing such an awesome, fantastic, wonderful job at carrying bubba around!! You do not look huge at all hun, you look perfect!! And that little bump is just perfect!

So glad to hear that your Dad is recovering well, now you can rest easy knowing that all will be well with your dad when bub does make it's entrance!

I am very excited taking my mobile to bed everynight - waiting for that very important phone call when the time comes!!! lol Nox, you will be pleased to know that my labour bag is all packed ready to go, with a few new additions!!!

Fahncy!! - long time no chat! hahahahaha That little man of yours is getting cuter everytime I see him!! He is welcome here anytime to play with the boys! ohhh the house will be crazy! He can come and play in the cage!! lol

marknjo - Hi huni! Those stats for bub is awesome! very very good! How are you feeling? Are you having many symptoms?

Well girls, the Doula-ing is going very very well - I am starting to book up for the beginning of next year, and am finding myself turning some down which is very sad - , but you all know that if any of you want me at your births that I will be there with bells on!

Now I just have to talk a few more of you into getting UTD again! hahahahaah

Hope everyone else is well. I am in for my 6 week check up with Dr D tomorrow and I am very sad, I can't believe my gorgeous little man is already 6 weeks and that absolutely awesome experience which we call birth was that long ago If I didn't already have 3 kids, I swear I would be getting UTD again asap. Oh well it will have to wait a few years, then I might talk DH into 2 more! hahahaha

Yes, I am the Jo in marknjo!

Not many symptoms happening for me. I have been a bit nauseous but have not thrown up which is good! I can't have weetbix for brekkie, Spag Bol or steak as they all make me feel horrid! I have been very tired in the afternoon's but I know that is normal! My boobs have been really sore but they seem to have settled down this week so really I count myself very lucky as there are alot of people I have been reading about that are having a terrible time!

I'm still playing sport competitively and will be for hopefully another 5 weeks (if we make the grand final I will be 16 weeks!) and I think this helps being out in the fresh air etc! So in all, I cannot complain!

That is such great news marknjo!!!! What a wonderful relief for you both. I am glad that you are also happy with Dr D. I may have missed this in the thread but where are you going for the birth?

hi girls!

Typing one handed so sorry for the spelling etc!

I had my 6 week check up yesterday and what an awesome appt it was!! I have actually posted a woohoo for Dr D but will paste it in here too, as I am so stoked!

I am so excited, elated and on top of the world after having my 6 week appt with my OB.

After I fell pregnant with DS3 I began training as a Doula, and early in the pregnancy told my OB about my studies and his intial reaction was " oh yeah"

Well over the course of my pregnancy we spoke more about what a doula does, the benefits etc and that I was having a Doula myself. We also share a couple of clients, the first of which is due and I am really excited about working as a Doula with him as the Ob.

Anyway, today, at my check up he had a med student in with him, and I had the best appt out! Not only did he tell me how great I was looking - I am feeling on top of the world still from Angus' birth and that I was shrinking - yep clothes aren't fitting - too big, but he proceeded to go into detail with the med student why Doulas are so beneficial, such a good option for women and why I make a good Doula!!!

I sat there and listened to my OB tell her that the continuity of care from a Doula, the rapport the Doula builds with her clients, the information a Doula provides and the personal experience a Doula takes to a pregnant woman are extrememly beneficial!!

So I actually got the guts up to give him some business cards, and ask him to give them to any clients he has that is interested in having a Doula!

My OB Rocks!!!

how cool is that!!!! not to mention a few other forward thinking things he is looking into doing!!!

Whoo hooooo Bogan!! What a great appointment! Your boys are the gorgeous ones, it's so cute that Cooper 'talks' now they're such good boys! And the cage will make them even better. Angus is the most gorgeous little well behaved man. You SO forget how small they really are! Considering Quinn is such a giant!

Jo: sounds like you are having the same pregnancy with me, my general symptom was being really tired, in the first tri I was falling asleep at about 6:30 every night....funny times.

Hi nox - I am booked into Cabrini. Were were pleased with the tour and have only heard good things about it.

Relle - I'll see if at my next appointment (Oct) if Dr D says anything about you or offers me a card!

LOL Jo! I don't think he will say anything unless you ask about Doulas. He said he was more than happy to hand them out but thinks people would have already made up their minds by the time he sees them! I would LOVE to hear if he does though!

If you do want a Doula let me know hun! My ultimate goal is to have a birth a month at Cabrini with Dennis as the Ob! hahahahaha

Hey Jo -- That's great -- I think most of the women on the thread were Cabrini. I'm off there as well (hopefully soon). Many of my friends have birthed there and the food, rooms and midwifes are great.

hi girls!!

Nox, sorry to hear you didn't go into labour over the weekend as hoped, but glad to hear that you're feeling so good! i've been saying the same thing - i don't really even feel pregnant... when i look in the mirror there is no mistaking it - my belly is HUGE - but i am feeling so well (and have been the whole pregnancy), that i'm convinced i'll definitely go overdue... i'm SO impatient though... i'm only 36.5wks PG but am continually looking out for "signs" that labour may be close... am yet to see any!! i don't have ANY aches or pains, am still very mobile, can eat well, breathe easily, sleeping well, etc... and there has been no sign of the nesting kicking in either... aaaagggghhh....

Relle - that is lovely that Dennis said so many great things to the medical student about a) Doulas in general and b) you specifically as a Doula!! i was surprised to see that he had a medical student there when i went for my appointment on Mon - i thought that they would only go to Drs who worked in the public system - it is nice for Dennis to take the time to train the next generation of OBs!!

Jo - congrats on your great scan and blood test results!! and i hope that the rest of your pregnancy is as trouble-free as it has been so far!!

well, i went into Cabrini today to hand in my Birth Preferences for them to add to my file. i also changed my surname with them as my DH is paranoid that the baby's armband may have my maiden name on it instead of his surname!! i have changed my name with Medicare, HBA, Dennis, and finally today with Cabrini, so he should be safe (although i might ask the midwives to make up a fake armband for the baby with my maiden name on it just as a joke - ha ha ha!!)...
    anyway, while i was at Cabrini i went and stalked the babies in the nursery as per usual!! they are SO cute!! i want mine now!! ha ha ha!!

Kirsten, i met a lady at pilates the other day that also did the same CalmBirth course as us and she completely swears by it! i felt so guilty after talking to her (because i haven't been listening to my CD) that i went home and did the meditation straight away. i really need to try and get into a routine, but i just find it such a hassle because we don't have a CD player and i have to move my computer to my bedroom every time i want to listen to the CD (because it's the only thing i have that plays CDs!!)... anyway, i have bought my DH the iPod Hi Fi system for fathers day this weekend so then i'll be able to load the CD onto his iPod and listen to it from that which will be much easier...

ooh, 25% off baby clothes in David Jones until Sun if anyone is interested...

ella -- great to hear from you! I was just wondering where you had got to!
    LOVE a sale! SO there if I can work out a way to walk to the front door!!!!!!!!

i REALLY had to restrain myself from buying more baby clothes - but i already have WAY TOO MANY!!
    a friend is being induced tomorrow though, so as soon as i hear what she had (ie. boy or girl) i'll be off to DJs in Chadstone to buy a gender-specific outfit!!

nox - when is your official due date?

Aw you gorgeous late pregnant girls are making me clucky! I am so excited for you, I know how you will be feeling very very very soon. It's such a special and amazing time to meet your baby for the first time! I am getting teary just thinking about it. It seems like not very long ago at all that you were both not that pregnant!! It goes so fast.

Ella: LISTEN TO THE CD!!! When I went into serious labour I actually abandoned Calm Birth - I said "this isn't going to work" lucky calmbirth didn't abandon me and it all happened in a very lovely way. I still haven't written my birth story i should really do that asap!!

Jo : Cabrini is the best, I would like to be there still! I can't beleive you can't stay there for the first year of your babies life I miss the trays of food!

I am officially due 01 Sept but I would pay someone to get this out of me now ... OH hang on ... I guess that's what we have Dr D for haha! VERY moody today. COmbo of the pain I am in and I guess hormones. DH finds it hard to help me at the best of times and tonight we are just arguing!! ARRGGHHH!

ooh, very, very close now Nox!! i hope it all happens for you soon...

kirsten - i will listen to my CD again tonight.. i'm just not sure how much good it can do me if i fall asleep as soon as it begins!! did you do the Birth Affirmations CD as well? i haven't done that one, maybe i should... i've started using an Epi-No and have used the breathing to keep me calm while i'm using that. did you use one? if so, did you ever make it up to the full 10cms? i'm only at 7-1/3cms (although have only used it twice!)... and 10cms looks VERY unachieveable!!

well, i woke up at 4:30am this morning to regular contractions which were more painful than any Braxton Hicks i've had to date. i got really excited and thought "this is it! this is the beginning of labour", but there were NO other symtoms (bloody show, waters breaking, emptying of bowels, etc) and then after about an hour they stopped, so it was just Mr Hicks teasing me... i know i'm still a good few weeks away, but i thought that the gods were smiling on me!! anyway, am glad that i had some semi-painful contractions anyway - surely they must be doing some good!! the baby has been sqirming about HEAPS over the past few days - i hope she's trying to burrow down into my pelvis ready for a quick exit...

Ella - love a sale, will have to check out over the weekend! Myer also have 30% off their already reduced sale stock and they have some really cute stuff still left. You can never have too many clothes lol! My fetish at the moment is shoes for Marley, I have so many pairs and I just can't help myself. LOL about Mr Hicks! He is just testing you, getting you ready for the real thing. Don't worry, you'll know when its happening. Good luck with the CD, hope you manage to listen to it before you fall asleep.

Nox - sending you big labour vibes for the weekend. Can't wait to hear the news. I remember DH and I arguing over really crazy things before I went into labour, so could be a good sign! Good luck

Congratulations Nox & Dh on the safe arrival of their little boy Dylan at 10.57pm on Father's Day!

Nox was an absolute legend getting through an exhausting 25 hour labour and doing an absolutely amazing job through it all!

I will leave all of the details for her to fill you in on.

Thankyou both from the bottom of my heart for allowing me to be a part of this very special time with you both! *mwah*

Woo Hoo!!! CONGRATULATIONS Nox (& DH)!! i love the name you've chosen too!!
    i hope the bed situation in Cabrini is favourable and you managed to get a private room straight away!!

and congratulations Relle on building your Doula experience - very exciting!!

oooh, i'm next, i'm next!! ha ha ha!! still a good few weeks away yet i think - i'm feeling too well to go into labour any time soon i suspect... oh well, i have lots of housework to keep me busy in the mean time...

OH MY GOD!!!!! How exciting!!!!!!! WELCOME LITTLE DYLAN!!

Good one Bogan Doula!!!!
    I have tears in my eyes! 25 hours wow - you beat me!!!!! GOOD WORK!!

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast