Thread: Dull ache downstairs

Default Dull ache downstairs

Hi

I just want to know if this is normal? I am expereincing a dull ache sometimes in the "pelvic floor region" (sorry tmi) I am coming into the 3rd trimester and just thought I would check if anyone else has had this feeling. I think I had it with my first (cant remember...Nappy brain)...

Cheers

Sounds completely normal

I've got added pressure in the lower pelvis which is giving me aches and pains down there too, it's worse at the end of the day or if I've been out walking/shopping all day If it gets unbarable I'm puttin some ice on it

Yes i find at night, rolling over and trying to get comfortable or if i have not been moving for a while.... i guess it is to be expected... Thanks for your replies

Hi Sheba,
    Thanks for asking this question I have had it too for the past couple of weeks. I get it mostly if I have been sitting in the same position for a while. I found that a few stretches (stretching the knees apart while in a crouching position - not too flattering, lol) relieves it for me. I think it is pretty normal as we get further along thought I don't remember having it in my last pregnancies.

Try a fit ball to help take some pressure off. Also helps align the hips and soothes all the muscles down there I find. It also helps sciatic pains and lower back pains. I also find if I have back pains, getting on hands and knees helps heaps as bubs weight is shifted and results in less pain. If all else fails, a nice warm bath does wonders for all types of aches. Goodluck girls. Sounds pretty normal to me, not that that helps at all! *hugs*