Thread: Early peek at bubs?

Default Early peek at bubs?

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knew how early in a pregnancy a baby can be seen with an internal ultrasound?

DH and I have been ttc again since the loss of our angel in April and we are currently in the tww. I have a post-op appointment with my ob on friday and there is the potential that we could be 3w5d pregnant when we see him. I'm worried about doing a hpt because of the risk of a false positive after my angel's pregnancy, but I was thinking about asking my ob to do a quick scan seeings as he has the equipment in his office.

I'd love to see the bub if we are pregnant to aleviate some of my nerves (I am totally paranoid since the loss of our angel), but would we even be able to see anything that early?

I had a scan with DS at 5 weeks 4 days. Couldnt see anything from external so ended up being internal. There was no heartbeat yet at that stage.. was too early. But you could just see a black sack with some white specs in it. Very tiny. So yeh not sure if they can see anything as early as 3 weeks 5 days.. but if they could, i can imagine it wouldnt be much.
    Maybe a blood test might give you more reassurance?

Thanks Kell. I'm guessing we probably wouldn't see much either. Just a bit of wishful thinking perhaps. I thought about having regular blood tests to put my mind at ease, but when we lost our little angel (silent miscarriage) her placenta was still making pregnancy hormones, so a blood test would have still shown increasing numbers. I think I will just have to think positively and remember that "most" pregnancies result in a happy and healthy bubba

scarletrose Guest

I was 4 weeks and 3 days when i went for a ultrasound to confirm my pregnancy, i had a internal since nothing could be seen on the external, although i couldn't understand and make out a thing on the screen, the stongropher pointed out what everything was..