Thread: Eyelash tinting during pregnancy

Default Eyelash tinting during pregnancy

Does anyone know if you can have this done during pregnancy, or if it is recommended not to? Just got a flyer in the mail about a great deal for getting hair cut, foils, blow dry, eyelash tint and eyebrow wax for $55 - which sounds great to me!!!!!!
    Wanting to make sure that it is ok before I ring up and make an appointment.

I don't think it'd be any different to dying your hair would it?

Dunno. Just thought cos the dye is so close to your eye - easy to get into bloodstream - I dunno.. placenta brain I guess!!

Yeah good point.

I do it, never had any problems. I do it myself

Do it and enjoy a bit of pampering...sounds like a great deal!!!

Thats what I thought!!
    Thanks guys :-)
    I'll ring up and book it in for a day next week and try to fob DS off on someone so I don't have to take him and listen to him whinging... haha!!!! peace and quiet will be nice...

It would only be a problem if it got on your skin. Like using hair dye, if it gets on your skin, it can be absorbed into the blood stream and go to the baby (try standing on a cut piece of garlic. I guarantee you'll taste garlic in your mouth within a couple minutes). But... having said that, eyelash tinting if done correctly, shouldn't touch your skin at all, so you should be fine.

go for it darl...!!! i work at a salon and we have done all these things on pregnant woman. Not enough hairdye gets absorbed into the skin to cause problems. Hair dyes arnt made how they were made in the old days. Olden day ones used to have all sorts of horrible things in it, thats how the myth started. So go get pampered!!!!! u deserve it...

Ps ..i see its only foils, thats even better. Just rememeber to make sure they know ur pregnant, encase u need to get up and walk around in the middle of application or the fumes get a little much for u and u need air... and have fun also that is an excellent price!!!

what about having to lay on your back for 15 minutes when they are gettting done?

I never thought about that.. thought that I would be sitting up for it?? I haven't had them done before, or waxed my eyebrows either - I'm usually a plucker.....

There's nothing wrong with laying on your back for 15 or so minutes to get your eyebrows done. I always get mine done, never had a problem with it.

hehehe thats why i sed make sure u let them know ur pregga's and that u may need to sit up every 2 mins. Trust me, in a salon, any business is business. Your the costumer, u tell them what u want iykwim..

ps. U dont have to have ur eyebrows done lying down.
    Last edited by [M]umma[M]ia; April 11th, 2008 at 09:29 AM. Reason: added a bit

I'll have to give them a call and make an appointment. My eyebrows definitely need doing!! lol

so do mine hehehe have fun darl!! xox

i was thinking more of the eye lash tint. because every time i have had them done i am lying flat on my back and i remember that you werent supposed to do that for a long period of time, especially later in pregnancy. i suppose you could ask for a rolled up towel to put under your hip to tilt it off being flat.

yeah i haven't been too concerned about lying on the back thing, it hasn't really affected me, until the other night, got headspins and felt like I was going to throw up!! Guess I've reached that stage during pregnancy that I can't lie on my back - bugger!!!! I'll still give them a call and see if they want to do it...