Thread: Falling over....

Default Falling over....

Hi ladies.....I just slipped over in my new shoes on the tiles in my hallway. I landed on my right knee and both palms, but I am totally freaked out now......Has anyone else fallen over in pregnancy?? I am 30 weeks and didn't land on the stomach at all...

I posted a thread like this not too long ago. I landed the same way and like you I was freaking out.

It made me feel better to lay down or take it easy and just make sure I could still feel my bubs kicking.

If you get any pain, bleeding, the baby stops moving or something just doesnt feel right (sometimes its intuition) then call the midwife.

I didn't call and everything is ok on this end but if you are really worried sometimes it is nice to hear it from a professional to put your mind at ease

I rolled my ankle and fell down heavily onto my bottom about the same stage in my pregnancy. I called the Nurse on Call phone line (don't know if you have something similar in your state). They ran through a check list and made some suggestions of how to treat it and assured me the baby would be ok. My ankle got really big so I went off to see a GP anyway who also told me bubs should be ok and he was. They are pretty well surrounded by fluid and cushioned well. I ended up on crutches which was great if you can imagine a 30 week pregnant chick on crutches!

From what I understand hormones during pregnancy can make your ligaments more stretchy so you can be more prone to falling over as you have more give than usual. Hope all goes well for the rest of your pregnancy and there are no more falls.

Hi Cherii
    Don't worry hun. Your baby is very well protected inside your tummy. It would take quite a haed blow directly to your tummy to do him/her any harm. The sudden jolt as you hit the floor may have anoyed your baby and caused him/her to be a little more active but there will be no physical harm done.

dont worry too much..I fell up the back stairs and slided when I was 2 weeks off giving birth to my twin girls..it scared the begeesers outta me but my DH picked me up (god love him) and I went and had a lie down...Alan is right bubba is very well protected in there...

Thanks ever so much everyone for your reassurance!!!!!!!!!

Being my first pregnancy, I am obviously quite inexperienced to anything that arises. So I am grateful for your replies to this very 'worrying' problem and feel so much better about it. I think I must have landed on the right side of my thigh after my knee hit the ground, as when I went to bed and lay on that side I was quite sore. I have quite a pretty blue knee now too :P

Geez Cherrii, you are lucky you can still see your knees..LOL