Thread: Feeling like my pelvis is falling apart!

Unhappy Feeling like my pelvis is falling apart!

Hi everyone! (and happy christmas too!)

Just wondering if other people have felt the same..my situation is that I am almost 17 weeks pregnant and over the last week I have had the worst pain (which started in my lower back) and now it honestly feels like my pelvis is falling apart! it aches so much, whether I'm sitting, standing, lying or whatever and if I walk around too much boy do I suffer!
    I'm only fairly little so I expected that being pregnant would be pretty uncomfy, but what I am worried about is that I am not even half way through the pregnancy and I really haven't gotten that big yet, so how will I be in the weeks to come!!!:eek:
    Has anyone else felt like they were falling apart this early?! LOL..anyone got any tips for keeping my small hips from breaking apart?!!!!

Yup. It's horrid. I ended up with a huge tubi-bandage around my hips to keep them together until the tummy popped out (this was about 20-25w - I know it was for three weeks, plus a week of pain before that). I need it again, but I'm too big to fit in it... will be calling the company who make the girdle today to scream at them once I get home because it HURTS.

Go speak to a physiotherapist who can advise you on exercises, sleeping positions and give you a bandage. (And I'm huge with the largest hips ever, so it's just the luck of the draw, I'm afraid!)

With my first, my back and pelvic pain was unbelieveable! I had a belt from the physio, and I saw an osteopath. Mostly, I controlled the pain with yoga and heat packs. With this bubba, my back has been a lot better and I have only had minor aches and pains. I have had damaged ligaments and a prolapsed disk since I had I had my first baby, and I expected this one to be worse, but it hasn't. I also see a masseuse once a month and she is fantastic. I would recommend an osteopath or a physio.

Good luck!

I had some similar pains at about the same time for a few weeks but now that's all a distant memory. I'm at almost 22 weeks now and I don't have any pain but I do feel like my gait has taken on more of a waddle than I think is elegant!!! My chiro and midwife both advised (as well as many vetran mum friends) that I should take as many opportunities as possible to lay down through the day and take the weight off my body...it seems to have done the trick. I'm even napping whenever possible.

Good luck with it.

I had the same thing so I empathise. I had to use the support girdle. I was doing yoga but had to stop as it seemed to make the condition worse for a while. It was one of the reasons I was very glad to finish work as sitting down was quite difficult.

A physio is definitely helpful as is the heatpack!

Make sure you see someone about it so you can get some relief. Try a warm (not hot) bath. Hope you feel better soon