Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To find out sex or not....

Awww thanks Danni...is really cute face/profile I thought. The second pic of my belly is a little deceiving as it's not as close up as the first. Belly has I guess filled out more than anything...you can see around the top and bottom ..but all baby for now!!...lol.

The profile of bub is seriously cute! What a gem! Do you have a feeling of gender either way? Did you know with your DS what you were having?

Thanks Well, I have flip flopped a couple of times...thought maybe a girl for a while then flopped to boy. Nope, didn't know with Joshua...well not from sonographer. I was probably around 7 months pg when I just said to XDH "It's a boy". I just had that feeling.

Lol Fletch...isn't he just!

I LOVE my baby pics...I've been texting everyone with the link to go and have a look You will have to email me a pic of your bump so I can see :P I think having so much time between the 2 my muscles were able to tone up and seem to be holding it tighter...my theory anyway, but thanks for the compliment.

Ohhhh I don't think I could go through another scan and not find out...rofl...it would be just too much for me!!

Oh what great pics! I love the ones of the hands and feet.

Thank you They are cool huh. Very detailed I thought.

I just wanted to bump this as im having the exact same dilema. When pregnant with Hendrix i just knew that i didnt want to know. This time around im obsessed and feel that it is all consuming. Should i or shouldnt i find out?? I suppose the thing that is worrying me with finding out is that i wont have the same desire to meet this little person during labour? Is that insane? When hendy was raised out of the birthing pool and laid on my chest, DH and i were so mesmerised that we didnt even think to look and see what he 'was' it just wasnt important at that stage. Would i be taking that magic away if i knew??? All your opinions are greatly needed.
    Especially those who didnt find out then did with subsequent!

tiggy Guest

I couldn't find out with the first set of twins and I was really upset. I just needed to know. I wanted to be organised. When I was 28 weeks though, I just had a feeling it was two girls.

With Lily, we were told a boy at the morph scan and then a few weeks later we were told a girl. I knew she was a girl anyway but DH was devastated. Again, I just wanted to know. I knew that DH wanted a boy so I guess with knowing, I had time to sing the praises of another little princess (or get used to the idea of a little guy).

When we had William my DH (who was sure it was a boy) locked the door behind him and told the sonographer that we wouldn't be leaving until we knew the sex of the baby! He he. Lucky, Will turned out to be male! I was really scared of having a boy baby and it was good because I had time to get used to the idea.

It was amazing and every time we found out was really magical and brought us together. It also was a good way to start talking about names (on the way home from the scan).

With Ivy and Noah, we found out for different reasons. After losing William, I just wanted to know if I was carrying a boy, so that I could deal with all the emotions and fears that surrounded having a boy who would more than likely look like William.
    If it was two girls, I needed to have time to accept that I wouldn't ever raise a son of my own. It was complicated.

Heather, I have to say it didn't take away any of the magic for me or DH. After the girls came I felt indifferent as to what the sex was. It really didn't matter. I was caught up in the excitement of being a Mum. Knowing the sex of all of my others helped to get to know the little being growing indide me. We named the baby soon after the morphology scan and the other kids would all refer to the baby by name. It was nice and in it's own way a form of magic.

It is totally up to you, if you find out the sex of your baby, maybe just wait until the day and then do what feels right (?) if you can't decide beforehand.

mum5boys Guest

Hi I didn't find out with my first 5 boys, I wanted to with DS5 but DH didn't want to know so we never found out.
    This time we weren't going to find out even though I wanted to but DH changed his mind in there and I found out when DH left the room and told him a couple of days later after a lot of torturing him.
    So I now know there isa a 99.9 % that this baby is a girl and it hasn't taken the thrill away at all and I can't wait to meet my little girl/boy.
    DH thought that it would take away the excitement of finding out at the birth thats why we never found out but he has now changed his mind on that.
    Take care
    Michelle

Michelle, lol @ you still not believing until you see!! You're so cute! I still have days when I wish I knew and this is more for the nursery fact...we have debated so much on what to do in there that now it seems that DH only wants to paint - at least we've decided on the colour scheme for paint cos it will match a boy or a girl and it's NOT yellow..lol. Then after bubs is born DH wants to get the "cosmetics" such as cot set etc...*sighs* oh well at least the main part of painting will be done with but I really wanted to be able to just stand there and look at this fully set up nursery...lol.

Well we have decided to find out
    Thank you so much for your input it was so helpful! Gotta love BB!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12