Thread: Freaking out a bit!!

Default Freaking out a bit!!

Hi!!

Was in the conception thread and now I am here. My question is this, I am 4 weeks 2 days pg, got my BFP 2 days before AF was due to arrive.

Anyway, this morning I have had some stabbing like pains on my left hand side. This is not the normal crampy feeling I have been having. Is this something I should worry about or just let it go and see what happens.

I guess I am very paranoid about m/c again and any unusual niggle has me freaking out!!

Please help me put my mind at rest.

Kaz

Hi Kaz,

Congrats on your BFP! Sorry you're having a bit of a stress. The early stages of pg are so tough aren't they?

At 4wks 2days you've just got to wait it out and see what happens. There's nothing they can do if there is something wrong and its too early for an U/S to be able to see anything. My thoughts are that the stabbing pain is probably nothing. I had twingy pains in the ovary I O'd from up until about 10wks due to a corpus luteal cyst (which is totally normal and resolves on its own by the end of the 1st trimester). So your pains are probably something equally as normal.

Wishing you a H&H pg!

Quote Originally Posted by principessa76 View Post
    Hi Kaz,

Congrats on your BFP! Sorry you're having a bit of a stress. The early stages of pg are so tough aren't they?

At 4wks 2days you've just got to wait it out and see what happens. There's nothing they can do if there is something wrong and its too early for an U/S to be able to see anything. My thoughts are that the stabbing pain is probably nothing. I had twingy pains in the ovary I O'd from up until about 10wks due to a corpus luteal cyst (which is totally normal and resolves on its own by the end of the 1st trimester). So your pains are probably something equally as normal.

Wishing you a H&H pg!
    Many thanks principessa76. Believe it or not that bit of info has helped. I guess because my last successful pg was over 4 years ago I have forgotten everything and feel like I am learning all over again. And the pains do seem to be in the left ovary. I will wait it out and see what happens.

Thanks again!

Hi Kaz225,

Congratulations on your BFP!!!

I had the worst stabbing, pulling, and period type pains after I got my BFP for about two months. I honestly thought there was something wrong because they were so damn painful... But now I'm 37 weeks pg and haven't had any troubles at all....

I agree with principessa76, you'll just have to wait to out unfortunately. As long as you don't have any bleeding with the pain you should be fine... Just relax.

Good luck, wishing you a wonderful pregnancy!

Thanks Kristin.

Pains have eased a bit and I feel a bit better about it all. Still hurts when I sneeze, but I am seeing that as a good sign. The more pregnancy symptoms I have the better I say. I know it sounds weird, but it keeps me confident that things are going OK. I will just take it day by day.

Thanks again!!

Oh yes I remember having to quickly bend over when I sneezed because it hurt so much - ouch!!

Funny isn't it?!! Oh well about to go to work now. Have a good day and best of luck with bub!!!