Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gift for DH for the birth of baby

Default Gift for DH for the birth of baby

it's just occurred to me that it would be a nice gesture to get my DH a congratulations gift for the birth of our baby. i suspect i'll be getting jewellery of some description from him, so i should have something thoughtful planned for him in advance. any suggestions? have you heard of any great gifts that fathers have received? or that you have given your DH/partner? or that you have received that could also be given to a dad? very interested to hear your ideas!!

Hey Ella
    Maybe you could look at getting a disc pendant with babies details engraved. The engraving bit can be done by family or friends quietly as soon as bubs is out.

I have been googling the same thing lately. I was trying to find an Oz site that does New Dad hampers, but only found one that had one hamper that isn't suitable for DP. There are heaps of American sites that do really cool hampers, but not any here really.

I'd too love some ideas, I can't afford much and I've left it a bit late ooops, but I'd love to hear what other ladies have done also!

Sorry no suggestions but what a great idea - will be watching closely! (Tara - I think I may have left it a bit late too!!)

What about the first dirty nappy I think thats a great pressie!!

More seriously though, what a nice idea. I was lucky to even get flowers from my partner.

ej_1974 Guest

that;s funny a dirty nappy ha! although I feel there'll be a few of those.
    how about a pen or a nice photo frame for his desk that you can place a picture of bubba in when born?
    or a cool t-shirt for him to wear when taking baby out? maybe they could have matching ones.
    other than that I can't think of anything ,..hope these suggestions help

If he's a wine drinker, maybe you could buy him a really nice bottle of wine that he can save for a few years down the track. You could engrave some nice wine glasses too.

Hey JaZmum that reminds me. If you buy a bottle of wine from this year and have a label made up for it with babys details.

There are heaps of things on ebay that can be personalised. Like beer and wine labels.

I'm still thinking so bear with me...

I love the wine idea, a really fantastic bottle that will age well that he can open at some momentous time in the baby's life (18th, 21st, wedding, engagement etc) would be great, and the engraved wine glasses also a great idea. we have a heap of wine glasses but perhaps port glasses or something like that would work??? hmm, now you have me thinking!!!

I bought DH a Mont Blanc fountain pen with baby's name engraved which will then be passed onto that child either for his 21st/wedding day/first child from his dad, as an heirloom.

Lynnette x

Hi i have noticed that some little kiosk type shoe repairers/engravers (they are like the mister minits) do these really beautiful engraving one dogtags etc...you can take in an actual picture and they can engrave it onto whatever you choose...they are so amazing.
    Maybe you could get your first family photo taken then pass it on to a family member to get done while you are in hospital...i dont think he would mind if its a few days late lol
    good luck

I just asked my DH for his ideas and he said "another bedroom!" He is jaded from too many bad nights with Riley LOL

a photo of you and baby in frame is one idea. then he can put it on his bedside table.
    an engraved glass (wether it be wine, scotch or beer mug) with bubs name and d.o.b

i love the wine bottles idea - you can get a bottle and add labels to it (we did this for a gift for people that helped in our wedding) - the other option is a bottle of port (same thing) - depending on your financial circumstances, maybe getting a set of quality cleanskins and label each one for a special occassion - birth, baptism, 1st birthday, 18th birthday, 21st birthday, wedding - i have already looked at something like this for DH.

I got a bottle of port when DD was born andhave been keeping it for her 18th ( 3 years to go!)

I must admit that my first thought was along the same line as Trish's..... We do all the hard work!!

Mind you, if I knew I was getting jewellery it might be different....I like the photo idea best. Especally if you will be in hospital for a few days & can get someone to organise it early. Then he can look when he is at home on his own.

I reading this with my DH now - stop and highlighted the " i will be getting jewerelly" comment - but alas, apparently not
    The double choc sundae is a good idea - and will be about as much as i will get. Apparently the baby, and the extra bedroom, family room and new furnishing's will already be enough......

Although, there was a similar thread to this a few months back, and someone suggested books for dad to read to new bubs, which was abit cute as well. There was a book mentioned, cant remember exact title, but, something along the lines of "lies to tell the baby" humuerous tall stories to tell kids, which sounded kinda a good daddy thing.

I'm going to have a lookie next week at a gift shop, I'm sure they have new dad things in there. Additionally I'm getting DP some fly fishing things.

I know we do all the hard work and I've never worried about a gift for XH. This pregnancy has been full of complications and needing bedrest on and off and DP has never complained once about that and come home after full days at work and done all the housework and cooking. Without him, I don't know what I would have done. He's worked just as much as me to grow this baby healthy . That's a big reason I want to get him a pressie, plus he'll be a new father and I've been there before, sO I want to make it special .

I'll just cross my legs a bit longer till I get something sorted LOL.

I had a dream last night i had a girl baby and DP didn't even buy my flowers and I cried hysterically and my dogs took over the care of my newborn Wonder what I'll dream next

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast