Thread: HCG levels dropped by around 600

Default HCG levels dropped by around 600

Hi all,

I started spotting again last night and have just come back from the hospital. Anyway yesterday I had a BT done and my HCG levels were 28189, then the hospital did one today and it went down to 27500. The DR said that it is only a small drop and if they had done several BT's that each HCG level would be different. I have never heard of that, anyway I am not sure if she is just trying to keep me positive and really I am losing this baby. She also said that if it was a larger drop than they would be concerned but they arent concerned just yet. She said dont pay attention to the hcg levels. Yet I am really worried about the drop. In past experiences a drop of any sort wasnt good. Have a u/s today, yet really dont see the point any longer.
    Last night the spotting was a pale pink, and turned to brown, yet now the spotting has increased the brown. I really dont think that my little one is going to make it, I am running out of hope.
    Has anyone had a BT one day and it dropped the next day by a small amount and still had a healthy pregnancy? I would really appreciate some good news.

Thanks in advance.

hey,

im so sorry for all the stress and worry u must be under atm. I have never experienced this but it would be horrible not knowing what ur hormones are up to. If the doc says everything should be fine, then u shud try and believe him. im hoping if there was something majourly wrong he would tell you. Also i would think if u were going to misscarry then wouldnt ur hormones go down about 6000 not 600. Anyway its just my opinion and i wish you all the luck in the world..mwah take care xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo (((HugS))):hugs:

Oh Cheryl, I'm sorry, this must be so stressful :hugs:
    I don't know about it so I can't offer any advice. I hope you are ok.
    Hope the ultrasound went ok. Please let us know

Thankyou Sara and Holly for your well wishes, it is so appreciated. I had my u/s and have a HB at 161bpm. Measuring 7weeks 1day. Baby measured 11.26mm. So just 4days out by my lmp.
    The bleeding is from around the sac. Calling it a sub-chorionic haematoma with a length of 42x14x18mm. They want progress examinations made. So the bleeding has to be monitored, otherwise if the bleeding gets worse than it could cause a m/c. So now have to find out what I am to do, if anything to settle the bleeding down. Thanks again everyone. lots of hugs. I am having a huge sigh of relief right now, yet still worried about that bleeding.

Thanks again ladies. hugs.

Hi Csab,
    I also had a subchorionic hematoma which caused spotting (ranging from red through to brown). I was advised to do as little as possible - no walking, standing (for long time), lifting, bending, straining, DTD or getting heartrate up. On a later scan my hematoma had since disappeared, and just to be on the safe side I've still been kept on reduced activity. So i'd suggest it can't hurt to take it easy until they give you official advice as to what you should/shouldn't be doing.

I also remember reading a case study on the net about a woman who's HCG levels dropped massively, but the pregnancy went on to be fine. Sorry I can't find the link to it now, but the take home message was very much that everyone varies, and that HCG's aren't the golden rule and should be done in conjunction with an u/s. So to me, great that you had a good little heartbeat on the u/s!

All the best,
    Belfie

Thanks so much Belfie, I am so glad all is well with you and bub now. I am restricting myself from doing things until I do get the ok, as I really dont want to cause anymore problems. Thanks again hun, I really appreciate your comments. hugs

Hi CSAB - were the HCG levels done at the same lab? If not that could account for the difference. Anyway there's a nice strong heartbeat there and that's what counts. Try to take it easy and stop stressing about it as that's the very worst thing for bubs.

omg Cheryl my heart skipped when I saw your thread....so glad the us went well!!

Satya - No one was done at the hospital. I am feeling more relaxed right now. Thanks. It was such a wonderful feeling to see that little HB flicker. thanks again hun. hugs

Kim - Oh hun, I didnt want your heart to skip a beat. Thanks for caring. I am so relieved that the u/s went well, it is just this bleeding now to contend with. Also the gestational sac measures smaller in weeks than what the fetus does, so hoping nothing wrong there. Noone seemed to be owrried about that tho, yet the tech's arent really suppose to comment anyway. So hopefully the Dr wont be too concerned about it tho. Lots of hugs.

oh csab that is such good news that you got to see a good hearthbeat given what you've been going through. you continue to be in my thoughts and hope that the bleeding can be sorted and your pregnancy can then continue with alot less stress