Thread: Huggies New Born Starter Kits???

Default Huggies New Born Starter Kits???

Hi just wondering if anyone has brought these kits and if so were they worth it or best to get everything individually????

After the christmas period i'd like to start to get organised and stocking up on the daily items like nappies, wipes, creams, and all the necessities...oh and of couse all the clothes and things!!!

probably best to stock up on the bulk stuff ... its cheaper in the long run if you buy nappies in bulk and wipes etc ....

you can make your own wipes buy usuing a face washer and water on a newborn ... its much kinder to their skin ....

Maybe consider a natural organic product like Gaia Baby Range? You can buy it in places like Coles, Woolies and Priceline. They have a bath/shower wash, shampoo, soothing lotion (nappy lotion), baby powder and a moisturiser. They cost around $9.95. They're natural and organic (no nasty harsh chemicals on bub's skin) and are qutie concentrated, so last for ages. They smell great too!

Celsie. xoxox

p.s. I've been buying this range as a present for a friend who is currently expecting her 2nd baby. She's around the same EDD as you funnily enough. We just buy one product each week with our grocery shopping, so it's not a huge outlay.

One thing I have been told re the stocking up is don't buy too much of one type as your bub may have sensitive skin. Gaia should be ok though.

My SIL is giving me a list of lots of stuff she tried on her bub with sensitive skin, so I will be guided by that.

Hmm... you can get the starter kits as long as you know youll use the stuff in them. I think youre better off just buying what you need to be honest. If you want to use huggies nappies, then dont buy them until theyre on sale. Everywhere, Big W, coles, woolies, toys r us, go round in cycles where theyre on sale for $29.95 a box. So wait until you see that.
    Creams.. you really only need one. You do get some samples in the bounty bags. Lucas's Papaw cream is really good and popular.
    BUt yeh wipes etc, buy in bulk. No doubt youll get alot of that stuff as baby shower gifts too.. so maybe wait until after then also?

I wouldnt' buy the starter kit but buy the things individually as it works out cheaper in the long run.

i would wait till the baby shower is over too .... and definatley give the GAIA a go ... its so good for bubs skin , where as Johnnsons is not so good ...bedtime bath gave nixon tight itchy skin , and when i swapped to gaia it was much better , i also added milk to the bath ... (off topic)

there is a thread on here about Johnssons baby produts , before you buy them you must read ..
    http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...light=johnsons
    Last edited by *charmalea*; December 13th, 2007 at 07:48 AM.

i got the starter pack and half of the stuff r like travel size stuff so really it is kind of a rip off. wait till things r on special and get them then that way u will get them even cheaper. i have been getting one thing each time i go shopping and try to only get wat is on special. i have soooooooooooo much stuff and i was goign though it last ngiht thinkin if people give me that stuff for baby shower i am not going to have to go shopping for bubs till it is 5 lol.

Thanks 4 that info on the gaia stuff Celsie.I didn't realise u could get it in the supermarket.And buying one thing a week is a really good idea too,i'll have to do that myself

Thanks everyone... i have been buying one thing a week as i did with my first son but saw them and wanted to know everyones thoughts.... love Gaia got samples of it at the baby expo in sydney just after DS was born once i tryed it i never went back.... JJ irritates my sons skin as did the huggies range of bath and shower stuff.... nappies on the other hand i like huggies but am thinking of tryong the new organic ones

I find the Nature Babycare range of nappies good for sposies - didn't discover them until Pip was 6kg but they are more environmentally friendly.

Target sells packs of 10 terry wipes for about $3 which are great to use with water instead of baby wipes per se.

really kazbah .. ive never seen them in my target .... more info please :P