Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #22

Default Babies Born August 2005 #22

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in August 2005.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy [email protected]
    Sherie [email protected]
    Lea 13 [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

August '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Jo_gee
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 2nd August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4180g (9,4) Length 53cm, Head Circumferance 36.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Samuel Luke
    Baby's Website:http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joanddarren/
    Health Concerns: NIL
    Notes: perfect lil happy feeder born via c section
    __________________________________________________ _________

Forum Name: Storm
    State: N.S.W
    Baby's DOB: 9th August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3290 (7.2)- Length 52cm- Head Circ - 34cm
    Gender of Baby: BOY
    Baby's Name: Zachary
    Baby's Website: nope, sorry
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) heart murmur & a hydrocele
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) induced by arm, due to 2 vessel cord

Forum Name: Aussienic
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 22nd August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 9oz Length - 49cm Head Circ -
    Baby's Name: Jacob Riley
    Baby's Website: na
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: A very healthy bub.. Still breastfeeding and growing beautifully. He was born via C/s at 38 weeks due to GD and me having a large baby previously. He was in SCN for 4 days due to low blood sugars and Jaundice

Forum Name: Wheatie (Soph)
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 24th August 2005
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Lucie Maria
    Baby's Website: Not yet!
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Was induced due to high BP. Lucie went back into hospital less than 24 hours after coming home as she wasn't feeding - turns out she was jaundiced and needed some tanning time! Mum now expressing and bottlefeeding as confidence was seriously dented!!!

Forum Name: B456
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 24/8/05
    Baby's Stats: 3230 grams, 51cm, 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby Name(s): Charlotte
    Baby's Website: n/a
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) Silent reflux
    Notes: Born by c-section under a general anasethic (epidural did not work). I had preeclampsia - C/s was elective. She is bottle fed and is 'hyper alert'.

Forum Name: iluvella
    State:NSW
    Baby's DOB:24.8.05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 2.170kg (4 pound 12), 44.5cm, 31cm
    Baby's Name: Ella Hollie
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: is currently having major allergic reactions to all dairy - rashes, swelling of eyes and throat, blistering
    Notes: Ella was born premmie at 34 weeks due to a severe placenta abruption. Delivered through emergency c/s. Spent only 3 weeks in NICU and apart from recent food allergies has been developing really well and reaching all the correct milestones!
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Forum Name: Janene_87
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 26.08.2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3925g or 8lb 90z Length - 53cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Hannah Paige
    Baby's Website: www.babyhomepages.net/mybabyhannah/
    Health Concerns: Mild Excema
    Notes: Happy, Healthy little girl.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Forum Name: kitten2b
    Baby's DOB: 27th August 2005
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Maria Louise
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) 5 weeks 4 days early.
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 3.5weeks in newborn care.

Forum name: Bec77
    Baby's DOB: 27 August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight: 1796g / 3lb15oz - Length: 46cm - Head Circ: 31.7cm
    Baby's Name: Joshua Michael
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joshuamichael
    Health Concerns: Nil
    Notes: Joshua was born @ 32+4. He spent 4 weeks in special care but is fine now!

Forum Name: Mummy2Kaitlyn ( Cass)
    State: Sydney
    Baby's DOB: 29th August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - Weight 4.154Kg/9pound 2Oz , 52Cms long
    Baby's Name:Kaitlyn Ava
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Suffering from the "flat head Syndrome" that seems to have come about due to the SIDS sleep on the back recommendation. We just narrowly avoided having to be fitted with a helmet to correct it last week ...phew ...always get a second opinion!. Other then that she is a healthy little bubs!
    Notes: 26.5 Hour labour ....lonnnggg, she was a very big bubs so took a little while to make her way out!. And when she arrived she looked like a little Budda with her fat rolls. SOOO cute!.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

your old thread can be found HERE

Love

Yipeeee first!!!!!!!!

Bec hope you have a nice easy day tomorrow!!! How are you feeling? Ms easing up?

Alex..yay..cant wait to hear all bout the scan..its so darn exciting..what a wonderful thing to do on your birthday!!! Hope you had a lovely birthday too!!!

Booked the kids into basketball today..all starts next monday..will see how livvy goes lol!!!!

Jo

Good Morning Girls!

Well we are still in the grips of the dreaded Gastro bug ...poor Kaitlyn is the worst off and I am not well either.

Jo I was more a netball girl ....but I love to watch basketball ...hope the kids love it!.

How is everyone else going this morning?.

:eek: Only 9.4 Jo? I really dont think she is going to be that big! Well I hope anyway.
    Oh No Cass, hope you all get better soon.
    Hi Bec, hope you get an easy day today!
    Is it your birthday today Alex? Happy birthday! & have a great scan too!!

Amy is 12 today, gee they just grow up so fast.

Hi to everybody!

Storm - She will be the perfect size, don't worry!

Cass - Oh you poor things. Hope you are all better soon.

Jo - Wow more activities on the go...busy mumma!

Fletch, Rae - You ok? You've been AWOL for a while

Alex - Let us know how the scan goes!

Hi Bec!

Tracey - Hope you're not working too hard

Brooke - How are you and Charli matey?

Hi everyone else

Stress head mum here. Ned's slow feeding atm and of course it freaks me out every time (ok I know i know I read that book and wasn't going to stress anymore ). Worried about # wet nappies 'cos he hasn't been peeing much, but I did just move him up a nappy size to Crawlers (even though he's not quite 6kg) 'cos that's what I have boxes of. Guess they wouldn't be as full as the smaller ones when wet hey?

Gotta get my skin cancer cut out this arvo too And gotta pick up my new glasses. Had a severe reaction to my contact lenses and the optomotrist was even freaking out!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEX

& Good Luck at the Scan today, cant wai tto hear ALL about it!!!!

OOOh, I hope everything goes well today Soph, sounds pretty awful about your lenses I cannot wtach medical programs regarding eye surgery, it makes my eyes hurt!

Storm, I'm sure Ellie will be fine & her size will be lovely...

Jo, Maddy loves her basketball, but it does take up a lot of time with only 1 , training twice a week & a game on weekends that are spread out a bit!

Bec, Hi how's everything going? Hope you got a nice sleep

Cass, You poor bigger I havent had gastro here (I dont want it either!) Hope your feeling better soon..

Brooke... Hello how are you doing???

Rae & Fletch (terrible twins) Hope your both managing to keep food down & grow nice healthy babies!! !

As for me still just doing what I can... I am not working the rest of the week after today... Taking Il's out & about... hmm they are starting to annoy me... I am so mean i know! I just cant hold my bubba without having her torn outta my arms kicking & screaming now & they just walk off with her & I am abit over it all being nice & smiling!

Oh well it aint forever, it aint forever!!!!

Hi girls - sooooooooo sorry i've been so slack...just don't make it onto BB as much these days. Been feeling pretty good though - think i'm over the worst Looks like i'm having another PINK one too - so we're THRILLED TO BITS!!!!!!!!!

Storm - your belly looks gorgeous!!!!!!!
    Soph - good luck today with getting that nasty skin cancer cut out.
    Bec and Alex - how are you gals feeling? Oh and Alex - have a fab day!!!!!!!!!
    Jo - wow - i envy your energy...your kids must LOVE all the stuff you do with them - they are very lucky and loved!
    Cass - hope you guys get better soon - sending heaps of get well vibes
    Trace - how are you all going hun? Sounds like the IL's are tiring you all out! Hope you can enjoy the rest of the week.
    Brooke - hope your family is doing ok now - you've had a rough trot lately.
    Louise - hope you and Maria are doing well too.

Well - Ella and i are off to swimming lessons with Fletch and Zane this arvo - and then to aquanatal (just us mummies) - so i'm looking forward to that. It's such a beautiful day here today too! Oh and i've nearly finished all my Christmas shopping (only got about 2-3 gifts to go) - so i'm very relieved about that. And when my mum was up during the week she even wrapped them all for me - God love her!!!!

Have a great day ladies and bubs - will pop back in later on!

Yay for your new glasses Soph. Hope all goes well with the skin cancer being removed. Is it getting done by laser?
    Dont stress about Ned. I am sure the bigger size nappies makes a difference with volume they hold, same as changing brands. But wee amounts do vary, look at Zac last week he was a soaker, but this week he hasn;t been .

Aww Trace you're not being mean! I'd be grumpy too after a while, you've done well!!

Hi Rae, ya stranger! Enjoy swimming! Oah at finishing off your chrissy shopping. I haven't started yet! & thanks for lying & saying my belly look gorgeous too, Luv ya for that

Storm I love your belly!!!!!! It really does look gorgeous!!!!!! Hope your precious Amy is having a lovely day today..its such a milestone isnt it the last birthday before being a teenager....arghhh!!! LOL Sorry dont mean to freak you out about your little darlings size! She will be absolutely perfect! Sammy was just such a shock..i was always measuring big and he was born 2 weeks early at 9 4 lol...compared to my next biggie at 8 lbs exactly 2 weeks over!

Rae ...you are still alive!!! Good to hear the ms is easing up a bit...and oh a little sister??? Thats so great they could tell so early!!! How exciting for you!!! Have fun at swimming lessons and preggie lessons..it sounds lovely.

Trace you are allowed to get annoyed. My max time of smiling is about a week with guests so you are doing really well..actually depends who it is...if its my mil usually only a day or two lol. Im glad Maddy likes basketball. Jess did it all last season and loved it so Im thinking the Em and liv will enjoy it too...i like them participating in team sports and now that hockey is finished its good to do a summer one!

Ow Soph thinking of you this arvo...how are they going to be doing it? And wow at the reaction you poor thing!!! That sounds yuck..least you get to pick out some nice glasses. I was having a looksie when we were picking out Emmy's new glasses. I half wished I had to wear them again...they all look so funky and sophisticated!!! It stands to reason too that little Ned's nappies arent going to be as noticeably wet with the bigger size nappies and with him having to go up a size is great evidence in itself that hes growing just fine!!! Dont stress Soph.

Well we are about to head off for a nice walk soon..its a gorgeous windy day. Sammy is intently eating and watching playschool at the moment....oh and my baby's new word is 'thank you'!!! It sounds so sweet....think hes getting tired of us asking him to say it all the time now though lol.

Have a lovely day ladies

Jo

WAAAAH, Storm I love your belly, it's so beautiful, I cant wiat to be carryuing another bubba myself... I think Rae is correct its' gorgeous!!!

I only have a few Chrissy presents to get too... Thank goodness as I hate the shops as it gets closer!!!

Awwww thanks guys. It just doesn't look so good from this angle.
    Enjoy your walk Jo, I'm at home baking cakes again I made so many last week for the school fair & I also made Amy a butterfly for her party & now I'm making one for us tonight.I'm so sick of baking cakes!!!!!!!

Wow TRace, you're nearly done chrissy shopping too, I can't bear the thought this year, too much walking around!

All you organized people!!!! I havent even started my Chrissy shopping!!!! This is the first year though that we have capped it at $50 for adults and $30 for kids (not our immediate family) so its not quite as daunting as it has been other years. I cant wait to get started now that livvy's birthday is out of the way. Last years Christmas wasnt that crash hot..the kids all had chickenpox poor darlings so this year will be extra special making up for it!!!!!!!

Good for you Storm...lol...i hear ya though..you are doing so well baking for the fair as well...its my turn for that this friday lol.

Back from our walk..little boy was crashing on the way home and is now in bed...poor tired baby.

Jo

He he dont you just love it when they are completely exhausted? Last night Zac was falling asleep sitting in the shower. It brought a tear to my eye.

Awww the little precious....that is so sweet! Sammy was doing that the other day in his high chair with all cake remnants all around his face lol

Jo

Happy Bday Alex and Amy!

Storm I LOVE the pic of your belly!

Jo I hope you enjoyed your walk .

Rae hope your swimming was fun !!! how nice that you and Fletch are going together!

Fletch...by any chance do you print Christmas cards ?. I was thinking of doing a family chrissy card with a pic on the front and then just a merry chrissy blurb inside. Thought I would check with you before I speak to anyone else :-)

Soph I hope this afternoon went well...let us know.

Trace dont feel bad about the ILs , it is so hard to spend day in and day out with ANYONE no matter how much you love them ...DH, DS and DD's not included of course!.

Well working day is almost over....thank goodness as I have a headache as usual. Everytime I work I have a headache...so pretty much Tue-Fri I have a headache. Plus I am sooooo tired as poor DH cant do anything due to his wrist so I am totally on duty 24hours with all bubba and house hold duties ....tireddddddddddddddd

Awww Cass you poor busy Mumma....blast your headache too..thats not what you need. Bet you are hanging out for the weekend. How long before your Dh's hand is back to normal?

I have done something really cool today and booked a britz campervan to travel in for a week in January. Cant wait to tell the kids all about it and show them the pics. Sammy is eating his noodles now lol...think they must be his favourite food in the world lol

Jo

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast