Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I just can't cope anymore :(

Thumbs down I just can't cope anymore :(

This pelvic/pubic pain is beyond a joke now.

I was in so much pain this morning I was screaming like I was being murdered, and my pelvis all locked up and I couldnt move from the waist down. I felt like I had no legs

Its getting to the point where I would rather wet myself than scream in pain to walk to the toilet.

I finally was ok to drive to the OB this arvo and he shook his head knowing there isnt much he can do to help me, but has booked me an urgent appt to see the physio at the hospital.

He basically said to me, if it gets any worse, chances are I will be admitted to hospital

Dan, what about a brace?

I know what you mean, I used to cry every morning with Zain and couldn't get out of bed without DH helping me and I'd scream even then. Big hugs to you matey

Oh Danni!

So sorry to hear about the pain you're in...

I help physio brings some welcome relief!

Ow Danni! Hope the Physio can help you out

Nic

Goodluck getting some help Danni!

It sucks the pain...but in the end worth it!

How awful Danni - I truly feel for you and hope that you can get it sorted soon!

Oh Danni, I really hope the physio can help you. Is it SPD do you think? A brace really might help. I know that these days every little pain can be attributed to SPD but it sounds as though you're really in trouble. Some sort of water therapy might help too?

I really hope someone can help you soon, without being admitted to hossy.

Sorry to hear that you're in so much pain. I hope you can get some relief soon.

Danni I'm feeling for you!

A physio will help heaps if you can afford it please go. If you can't afford a regular visit you can still get tips on how to manage your pain from one or two visits.

Try sleeping with a pillow between your knees and make sure that everything you do is done with your pelvis balanced.
    The worst times are getting in and out of the car. Bum on the seat first then swing your legs around, and the opposite to get out.
    Really watch your posture when sitting on the couch and don't do any heavy housework. It's Dales job to vac from now on.

I could barely walk in the morning. I was like an old lady hobbling around.

I'm like Shannon, not looking forward to the hip pain & the heartburn too for me...
    I saw my Mum's cousin 3+ times a week as he is a chiro & has experience with preg women & travels with the Australian Wheelchair Basketball Olympic team as his son has been wheelchair bound since age 8, anyways I used to cringe, cry, wince & sweat in pain walking up the flight of stairs to his practise but literally cartwheel down!

It was pure heaven but due to a previous car accident & sciatica it was never permanent relief, but enough to cope for a day or 2 without pain...

Other than that he suggested sitting on the edge of the ned every morning with bottoms of feet together & stretching out my pelvic area... I must sya it never helped me much but maybe if you start now it may help you...

I hope you get some relief!!!!

Oh Danni you poor thing!!
    I really can sympathise with you as I have been going through the exact same thing. I have found that cold packs have been a help... but the baby moving down more has been the best thing. I have a referral for physio and a brace, but haven't gone as yet.
    I hope the physio works out for you honey

Oh, Danni, I know that pain and it's horrible.

I had it with my DD, but not till the end and it was a lot worse after delivery in my case.

I found it helped not to do anythign at all that entailed me opening my legs far at all, especially housework, getting in the car and DTD. When I was hospitalized with preterm labour threat with her, a lady in hospital had been in there for a week with that kind of pain. She was permanently hooked up to a morphine machine and was going to be that way till she was induced, felt sorry for her as she had two toddlers which made it really hard for her to be there. There was heaps of options for her though, she had people visiting her everyday with ideas to help and I often wonder how she went.

Physio will really help before it gets worse. You poor thing, make sure you take it easy, not that it sounds like your body is giving you a choice.

Awww Danni babe - i'm soooooo sorry you are going through what sounds like incredible pain. I really hope the physio can bring some relief. Hugs to you and Junior

Danni, have you tried swimming to help relieve it? Might help take some pressure off the joints and help things re-align?

Oh Danni you poor thing. Do you have to work, Maybe you should take a fewwdays off and rest and go to the physio etc.

I've never felt the pain your speaking of but I do know what it feels like when your pelvis tightens and you can't move your legs. I got hit by a car 10 years ago and evey now and then it would happen and I just had to wait it out. Luckily it doesn't happen to me anymore (fingers crosssed anyway)

Danni, i think i have a brace if its recommended that you use one, SIL bought it and itcost her some thing like $140,and its not something you will use again....just let me know if its though that it might help.

Thinking of you hun, i hope it settles down...

Sorry to hear your in so much pain Danni! I hope the physio can help!!

I booked in for the physio also today...although my pains sound different (and not nearly as bad) to yours. I have it in my lower back on the right side and it radiates around to the inside of my right hip....really odd. It kind of feels achy and like a pinched nerve....
    I know it's hard to think about getting through the next few months...I so hope you can find some things to relieve the pain...

Let us know how you go!

danni sorry you are in such pain - i had bad pain with eliana & got myself a belly pillow (not exactly sure what they are called but i can find out if you want) it is a huge pillow shaped thing with a hole in the middle so you can lie on your belly in various positions to take the strain off your back - can even prop it up & sit with your belly leaning into it - it worked great & so far this time has been working & ive avoided the physio

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast