Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Irrational Fears??

Question Irrational Fears??

Good Morning all!

Happy Easter!!

I had a m/c last month at 5 weeks and now I have been very lucky to get a BFP this month and would be about 5.5 weeks today - I am coutning the first day of my M/C bleeding as my period as it happened so early- and I ovulated a bit latter than 14 days so that why the due date calcs say im a bit more along.

I am quite calm even tho I did have a m.c for our fist preg and I am trying to stay that way but I keep having a few irrational thoughts...

I have VERY sore boobs and I find myself touching them ALL the time so I know that they are still sore...

I tested Wed and got 2 lines and tested again on Sat (AF due) and there were 2 strong lines but I still feel like I need to test so I know it just hasnt disapreaed and im not preg any more...

I have a lot if stretching feelings and funny feeling in my tummy and when they stop for a while I feel like its over and I want to feel them again..

I have a bit of light nausea and I want it to get realy bad so I know im still preg..

I check my undies like a million times a day to seeif there is any blood...

Are these fears normal? Or did anyone have these feelings?? Im know that they are irrational and that it prob all ok - and if not that there isnt much I can do at this early stage anyway...

Im off to docs tomorrow - and I guess as I have had a M/C that Ill have blood tests for a while to check levels - thats scaring the pant off me too!!

Thanks for reading my irrational drivel!!

Kate
    xox

Aw I reckon your fears and thoughts are completely normal and many pregnant women here will tell you! After experiencing a m/c like you did, it's normal for you to feel insecure about your next pregnancy and I will be the same way about my next BFP that comes along.... it all seems to good to be true!

I guess all you can do is TRUST your body that it knows what to do and eat well, sleep well, and soon enough you will feel a bit more relaxed about it all big hugs.... and once you see that bub on the scan and the HB, you will feel alot better i would imagine ...

Thanks Ren! You are such a sweet sweet person and I have got a lot of comfort from you over the last 4-5 months.. I really really hope that I see a BFP from you in the not to distant future!!

Yeah I wish I could shut my eyes and when I open them I am at 12 weeks!! But that would be wishing my life away woulnt it!!

Kate xox

I kow exactly where you are coming from!!! I had the same thing happen. M/C in DEc and then fell preg straight away (against docs orders). I was like you not really believing it or being excited but secretly hoping. To a point they are irrational but you can't help it!! I checked for bleeding too and it happened again!! I bled for nearly 3 weeks and was always freaking out and feeling sad. But it all went well and now we have our gorgeous DD who is 6 months. I'm not saying it will be the same for you but good things do happen! So far you sound like you're going BEAUTIFULLY - put your mind at ease and ask doc for dating u/s. It might be too early to see anything but it might not.. will put your mind at ease.

:hugs: Aw it is so normal hun, I too check my knickers almost with a microscope even now at 12 weeks and am terrified of my scan this week, but I remember being the same with Iz. As I said in a previous post, I think we mums are programmed to worry about our beautiful babies from the time they are conceived until we die - that is what makes us such great mummies! I hope you can try to relax a little, that the next few weeks pass quickly and you can really enjoy your pregnancy!!

Your fears are normal. Just remember that symptoms can come and go so it doesn't have to mean anything even if they completely disappear. My BB's stopped being sore at around 6 weeks and I never developed m/s yet all is well with bubs. For a great deal of my pregnancy I did not feel very "pregnant" so each scan was reassurance for me. In the early days the BT's were reassuring.

It's completely normal. I think I checked my knickers until only about a month out from my EDD!! Then it was checking for my plug after that...so I guess it didn't really end...lol. I hope you feel better about it all! Sending you tonnes of sticky vibes!

Thanks ladies!!

I feel better now I know that im not loosing my mind!! hehehe

As I said to my mum today what will be will be and I NEED to stay ppositive to give this bub the best possible chance that I can!!

Thanks again all - I love the support that I get here!

Kate xox

No, not irrational at all, I think. I felt kind of the same way when I was first pg, and I hadn't been through what you have. Even now, at around 38 weeks I don't *feel* pg sometimes, or I forget, or start giving my tummy pokes to make sure she pokes me back. Its normal.

Thanks Kafer Girl I'm glad I can help and support you! I hope to join you in the pregnancy threads very soon....

hey darl..

I know how you feel. I havent had a M/C that i know of. But i found out i was pregnant at 4 weeks and im nearly 9 weeks and i have gone through so much toilet paper coz i check every 10 minutes. I also check that my bb are sore and unlucky for me they have continued being very very sore....im always checking out for signs that something has happened. Its hard too coz i dont have my first u/s until the 16th April and the last tests i had done to check hcg levels was week 5 so theres not much we all can do but sit and wait oh and pray!! It seems ages to wait for me coz i was TTC for over 2 years and i just want everything to be ok.

I hope this made u feel abit better..take care and keep us informed

Definitely normal fears. I had 3 angels before my DD was born and the entire way through my pregnancy with her I stressed - undy checking was out of control for the first 15 odd weeks and then I found something else to worry about until she was placed on my chest beautiful and healthy. Its really sad that a m/c leaves you with fears that you can't brush aside so you can just enjoy the miracle of being pregnant. Wishing you a H&H pregnancy.

I think the others girls have all said what I was going to say...it's perfectly normal, even for nutbags like me who can't relax for the first 20 weeks without even experiencing the horrible losses that others have. I guess it is just part of the territory.

I hope that things go smoothly for you and that you have a wonderful pregnancy and birth experience and in no time at all will be holding your precious baby.

Oh good, it's totally normal. Since I got my bfp I think I have been having all the same fears as you and I haven't even been through what you have.
    Good to know it's normal!!

sweetie pie, i am 15 weeks and i still d0 all that!

Thanks ladies!

I am feeling more at ease - I am hoping that I can get into my GP who is very good and I know that she will do all the tests that she needs to be very thougher.

Im staying calm and talking to my belly evey opportunity that I get and telling bubba to stay put!

Thanks again ladies glad to know im not going insane!!

Kate xox

Yep its totally normal.
    I had a mc two months before i got a bfp with this bub, every twinge etc i freaked out. I still check my undies for blood etc. Last week i took myself to the hospital as i was worried i was losing this little man at 25 weeks and it alos happened to be the EDD of my lost bub, it was not the case. Just an overactive mind.
    Im glad the midwives were great and put my mind at ease.

Kafer Girl.. Can I suggest you get your HCg levels checked each week or so to make sure they are going up as they should. This is what gave me peace of mind through the early weeks, then I had an US at 7weeks. The MS is what has been keeping me positive since 7wks but I still wonder every day if it's all ok. It's very very normal what your feeling but I don't think you'll really relax until that 12 week mark (or so I hope).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast