Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just curious re: finding out gender

I found out with both our kids because im just way too impatient! but now that we have one of each we wont be finding out next time, i would like a surprise!

I've been undecided whether to find out or not but after reading this post, I don't think I will find out. The ladies who mentioned that it's a really nice surprise after going through labour has convinced me I'd like to be surprised after all the hard work!

We're planning on finding out but keeping it realatively secret with friends. Hmmmm wonder if I can!

I wasn't allowed to find out, but I think it's a fella...DH thinks it's a sheila. Oh, and I wanted to find out but we compromised as this is his first!

thanks girls! :P

yeah we'll just have to see what happens at the time of the scan i guess and go with what our hearts tell us to do ....

i dont think i'll be able to wait 9mths to find out but at the same time, if i can wait that long it would be great also...

now gotta make a baby first hehe (if not already!)

MY DH and DD wanted to find out so i was out numbered and gave in..... but in the end bub's decided for us by keeping his/her legs crossed tighly through BOTH scans. so now we have a little suprise and i'm so greatful becasue as my due date approaches i'm that much more excited about finding out! and so is DH and DD

yeah thats a good thing i reckon when bubs hides, he/she obviuosly wants you to wait hey!!!

aww thats great!!

We had to find out and we will be finding out again this time..i just love knowing so i can buy everything i want in the colour i want etc! DP is the same but this time he wants to keep it a secret from family and friends..yeh right i dont know if i can hang out that long!!

my SIL found out for both her pregnancys wat she was having but her DH didnt want to know so she had to keep it from him and everyone else!

Blanchie - yeah thats the thing, if DH found out and i didnt, he would have to make sure he didnt tell anyone else before me accidentally!!!! it'd be upsetting if someone found out before you did and its your baby!!! lol...

i like the idea of finding out the gender and being able to set up the nursery etc... becoz not finding out means you would have to stick to non-gender specific items and hold off buying stuff until bubs is born!!!

so there are advantages to both hey

Ren, DH did come round to my way of thinking when I explained why I wanted to wait. But we debated it for a while and he realised I wasn't going to budge, plus we weren't even asked at the scans!

Thing is, yes I get the first kicks and the tummy-stroking in the day, but he gets to drink a bottle of my favourite wine because I bought it a week ago and can't have it now. Swings and roundabouts. Plus, I'm up all night being kicked and he gets the caffeine! DH was always the best at calming Liebs in utero, but wouldn't sleep all night with his hand on the bump for me.

Given the nagging we had about name choices to reveal, we didn't want that with the gender too. I think that convinced DH the most!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12