Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: maccas ice crem etc

Supablondie - no raw egg is not good to eat either - sorry
    Squishee - sorry if i offended you, that was just what i was lead to believe, well, what my sister told me anyways as to the reason why you shouldnt eat soft serve. I have been hanging for a McFlurry - with M&M's YUMMO. I might just be tempted to have one now!

My understanding of it was not that the machine itself was implicated in any way. I thought it was more to do with the temperature the soft serve product is kept at which MIGHT give listeria a home in which to develop.

Listeria is one of those very rare things but if you are in a risk group, you need to be aware of the possibilities and then you can decide for yourself.

My first meal is going to be either a Fruit Yoghurt smoothie thing from Maccas, OR a crunchie thickshake thing from Wendies...not sure yet. I have told my SIL that before they come visit me in hospital - they need to text me first to see if i want anything from Maccas.
    Oh, i went thru a serious cheeseburger stage at maccas as well. Yummo!

and very quickly, raw eggs - there is an exception to the rule of no runny eggs (this includes licking the spoon of your cake batter) If you get pasturised eggs, then it is ok to eat them runny, as the process elimates the risk of salmonella. I guess similar to only eating cheeses that have been pasturised, which is why alot of soft cheeses are rulled out, as they made from unpasturised milks.

My FIL got terrible food poisoning from Mr Whippy soft serve, but you know how dodgy looking those Mr Whippy vans can be YUCK!
    I figure McDonalds are quite stringent about their hygiene standards. If I craved soft serve I wouldn’t have a problem going to McDonalds….unfortunately Im craving fruit ice poles not ice cream

mum2bee - God I love those Crunchie shakes from Wendys. Every time my mum would take me to the dentist to get my braces tightened she would buy me a Wendys Crunchie shake to sooth my aching teeth! Awwwww im going to cry, I LOVE my mum!

....sorry got a bit carried away there.

Mum2bee.... Im not at all offended!!!
    lol
    sorry must be the way I come across sometimes!!
    I just thought i'd add my 2 cents worth, and just give evryone a bit of background info!!
    Sorry if u think i'm offended!! No where near
    lol

Hey I know about the icy poles. I really loved Frosty Fruits at the beginning and end of pg. They cured morning sickness and relieved thirst all in one go. Eureka!

Oh frosty fruits ROCK! Especially for morning sickness!

I'm with Fletch, DH will be bringing me a choc super sundae with double topping while I'm in hossy

The only other thing I would add is try to avoid homemade icecream, sometimes it is made from whole raw egg.
    I don't know about others, but I would say raw egg is unusual in home made ice cream - whenever I make ice cream, the eggs are cooked into a custard first and then mixed with the flavour and frozen. So I guess if you can eat custard, you can eat ice cream made with eggs.

I accidentally ate macca's sundaes, and all is well. It was damn good too!!! xo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12