Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Maternity Bras

Thanks Christy - that would be great if you could let me know what Triumph have got I think my standard bras atm are Triumph, and they (usually) fit me perfectly, but are just getting a bit tight now.

Lil Aussie - I love Bodywise styles and philosophy, but I think an E/F would be too small unless they're really generous It's a shame, because it would be nice to wear non-underwire bras (I don't think I've done that for well over 15 years lol).

I had to stop wearing underwires at about 8 weeks as I was so swollen and sore (bought some Target maternity bras). I then had another growth spurt by about 30 weeks and decided to get fitted properly. I had gone up 2 sizes and 2 cup sizes from pre-pregnancy! :eek: I was most amused to read the theory about not growing after about 16 weeks! This put me into an E and Triumph seemed to be the best way to go (Lace maternity).

The couple of pieces of advice I picked up from the ladies who fitted me (Breastfeeding Asn and DJs) was that lace provides better support for biggers busts than just stretchy/knit fabric and that you should be able to still get your hand inside the cup to allow for milk, breast pads and sore nipples.

Niknrik Guest

Its funny how you don't even think about these sorts of things until you read about it or overhear it. I have just found out I am pregnant and my boobs were the biggest giveaway. I have always had a big bust but now the only bra in my cupboard that fits is my sports bra!!!
    How do bras without underwire feel?? Are they supportive enough???

Niknrik - I've always been an underwire gal and had no problem changing to the maternity ones so early. My BBs were soo sore and they felt much more comfortable that way. The only thing I've noticed is that you end up with a different shape but hey, I got to the point where comfort was the overwhelming factor!

niknrik- i dont think they are very supportive at all. but its little support or no support. i cant wear underwire it just kills so if its not a softcup, i wont wear anything.

so i guess its got to be better than nothing.

I definately noticed my boobs were much bigger at around 8-10 weeks. I dont think they have gotten too much bigger since then. I only managed to get to the shops for a new Bra a couple days ago, and bought a stretchy bra with no wires. Its almost even a crop top, but so comfy and has enough support. I was feeling stingy and didnt want to spent lots of money on a proper maternity bra, but if your boobs are as big as they'll get by 4 months, then I think I might go get a proper maternity bra. Saw a half decent looking Bonds maternity bra in Myer. It was good as it was soft and had lots of those fastening notches so it could expand lots.

Niknrik Guest

Well I just had to take three new bras back to the shop....too small. AAAAHHH!! I'm now a massive Double DD and apparently still growing. I'm a little bit the same and sont want to spend an absolute fortune on bras at the moment and underwires don't seem to be to uncomfortable during the day....but sleeping without bras at night has become very painful! Have had to buy a pair without underwires and going to give them a go tonight to see if it makes moving in bed any easier. I don't know about anyone else but my boobs are fine during the day but very sore at night??

Mine are still sore, and I cant bare to even walk around braless anytime, as the (please excuse the term...."jiggle jiggle" from walking kills my boobs.
    Mine were a D pre preg, and are now more like an E. The australian breastfeeding website also has some nice maternity bras on it as well,,,,now umming and arring about which to get,,,,,,,bodywise, or the ABA bravado double plus style?? as it is more like a sport crop top.
    I also dont want to wast my money, as no matter where i go, I am looking at between $60 to 70 for one bra.

I had to sleep in a bra for ages or a very firm crop top. Things settled down by the end of my 2nd trimester (memory is a bit foggy) and I;m now just sleeping in a a 'normal' singlet or t-shirt. Hopefully you might get some relief soon Lil_Aussie but a bit longer for you niknrik!

Ahhhh, I'm wearing my first maternity bra today and it's quite comfy! It's not as defining as my usual bras, but I'm getting to the stage where I don't care LOL.

I think my boobs have stopped growing for the time being but they still get sore and feel SO heavy. I don't want to go much bigger - E is plenty big enough!

My boobs didn't grow much during pregnancy but I did get really good advice.
    When buying a materniy bra, the right size has enough hooks to expand for every month you've got left plus an extra for after birth and the cup size should be big enough pre birth for you to be able to fit your boob and a fist in (at the top).

I only had to buy one size with this advice. HTH

PMSL Ryn, I'm with you! DD! That's what dreams are made of!
    I haven't bought any maternity bras because my BBs haven't stopped growing (I had plenty of room to grow IYKWIM). I have put on a fair bit of weight, so I think some of my growth is related to that rather than the milky business. I just bought some roomy bras with a deep V and when I'm just about ready to pop I reckon I'll buy some detatchable cup ones.

Niknrik Guest

My boobs seem to be settling down now at last. Hear hear with the "who cares what they look like anymore"...I'm all about comfort at the moment to. No more growth thank god but really itchy nipples??? (Which the hubby thinks is a huuuuuge bonus - LOL!!) Have been sleeping in a little crop top to and that seems to be help...rolling over is the issue! Anywho.....scored a great apir of maternity bras from my sister who has bravely had three gorgoues children and her boobs got very big so they shoulod do the trick. Still need to get a new pair but still not keen to spend and absolute fortune...but I guess I want to be comfy to??!!

my boobs went from 12a/b to 14c in first six weeks, i thought, oooooooooooooo dear...
    that was def first give away with people i wasnt telling till after 12 weeks....
    i used to sleep in a chesty bonds singlet 3 sizes too small caz they were so tender..
    for a couple of months i kept going and getting new bras to try fit, eventually i got some drop cup materntiy ones and went back down to 14 c, after getting up to 16d in normal bras.. Like maternity clothes, maternity bras are just better fitting and more comfy, they made me feel human again and not like some Pammy Anderson look a like.
    Ive now been 14c for 5 months and some days my boobs feel fuller than others and some days my nipples are more tender and itchy than others, but nothing like the first 12 weeks...
    altho im still not sure how people function with these mummas... having been small before its just so hard to get used to.
    xoox

With DD#1 I started off with the perfectly full 12 C cup, by the time she was born I was oozing outta a 12 G cup.....

Since then they have pointed downwards, but that's OK, with DD#2 I was again a (saggier) 12 C-D cup & was wearing the old G numbers by the time she was born, still feeding her 1-3 times a day so still in Maternity bra's that are a csize 12 D!

I was told that myer can order in Larger sized maternity Bra's... Cherie (if you were still looking!)

Question Maternity Bras

Hi!

I want to know all about maternity bras!!! Like when do I go out and get one, shall I get it professional fitted, when shall I start wearing it etc and anything else that I need to know!

I am a few wks off the 2nd tri and I dont think my bbs have changed a hell of a lot, actually I dont even think I have gone up a cup size! So I got no idea at how big I might or might not be....

Thanks everyone :biggrin:
    Last edited by Ngala; January 9th, 2007 at 01:26 PM.

You usually get the maternity bra at 4 months. I would have it professionally fitted, because you may have changed in ways that you didn't realise.

With my first pregnancy I became a 12F which is a very strange size for someone who is normally a standard 14C.

For me I didnt really need professional fitting and certainly couldnt justify the price either.

I am living in some $25 maternity bras which is a size AND a cup bigger than I was to start with and they are magic. I have 4 which I alternate. When bubs is born and my milk comes in, Im pretty sure Im going to need to go up another size again

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast