Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Maternity Bras

I stayed in my normal bras until I could no longer wear them anymore! Then I went to Myer and got professionally fitted as I had no idea what size I should buy! I ended up buying 1 bra from Myer and then I went to target/big w and got some more on special for $20. I was told not too buy too many as its likely you will need to go up in size again when your milk comes in.

I have been fitted twice and I think it's worth the trouble and the extra price associated with buying a bra at a place that fits you. I just think it's worth it to avoid any back problems or bb problems too. I know mine are still ultra-sensitive so a badly fitting bra would not be fun!

My boobies are STILL growing and I'm due for another fitting (12F/G - will it ever stop?). I got my first maternity bra at around 4 months and another at around five months so I guess I'm going up a cup size every month. Geez, will that make me a j-cup once bub is here? LOL

Thanks everyone!

I guess I will start thinking about getting fitted for one around the 5 month mark. I think I may get one professionaly fitted just so I got one that I know how they are meant to fit and then go out and get the cheaper ones.

At the moment I am a 12B and as I said before I dont think there has been any changed since becoming pg. They are sore and tender so I guess something may be happening! Is there any way to guess how big I may get or does it just depend on the individual person? And about when do boobs start getting bigger or does that depend on the individual person as well?!

Taia's Mum Guest

I only just got my maternity bras (i'm 31 weeks). I went up a cup size over the months but waited till they were huge till I got my mat bras. The bras are about $40 each - so if you get fitted for one in the last few months they give you the extra room for when your milk comes in.

Before I fell pregnant I was a 14B - I am now in maternity bras and I'm 14DD! WOW!

When I was pg with #1 I went and got fitted at Myer or DJ (can't remember now) but they are free. I think a lot of bra shops offer free fittings. I went at about 16wks and hadn't changed much, I bought maybe 2 mat bras which was lucky cause after my milk came in I went from a pre pg 12B - 14B/C(at 16wks) - 14DD (after birth)

This time around I needed bigger bras so bought maternity and went for abut a 16D but I will wait until BF setles down before I buy any more. Trade secret and Target have some good cheap mat bras and I even found some that are t-shirt bras which are great for extra leakage protection and for thos high beaming occasions

Taia's Mum Guest

I can't seem to get rid of the high beaming occasions! lol

Hi vernoinca,

I'm about the same as you, and I already was a c/d cup. So I found my bbs started getting bigger kinda quick. I tried on the next cup size and bought it, then I tried on a maternity bra in the same next cup size, and I did that over a month ago, and can only stand to wear the maternity bra now.

I think if you don't have to change, don't but wat I did find personally is that I like a lot of support and the maternity bras are designed better for support.

I know I will get bigger, and may get fitted then, but the best brand of bra I have ever worn is Berlie. They are worth any extra they cost. I am always the sort of person that will try heaps on before i get fitted. If you don't get fitted though I guess you just have to be realistic about the size you need.

I too am having issues with the high beams LOL!

I am not particularly well-endowed so I just went out and bought some soft cup bras from target to do me until I need mat. bras. I think they are finally getting bigger though so I'm undecided as to whether I should get mat bras now, or buy some more cheapies to do a little longer. Not that I'm a tight arse, but I can't stand the thought of buying bras that I may only wear for a few weeks/ months!

I think this thread has convinced me to go out and get fitted for some mat. bras

I went into Myer when I was about 16 or so wks. They were having a big bra sale, and I got a very nice comfy Bonds maternity bra for about $25. I jjust coundlnt wear any of my bras any more by then. I dont really think my boobs have gotten any bigger since then though, so the few mat bras I got are still going good. You should be able to get a free fitting, if they have time and arent horendously busy when youre there.

I bought my maternity bras today and I'm 35 weeks. I read that during pregnancy, wear wireless bras and then get fitted for maternity bras in the last month. So that's what I've done, my boobs haven't changed that much (but they will in a few short weeks!). I went to Bras n things to get fitted and the sales assistant said to go up both size and cup size.

Happy shopping!
    Jess

Me 26 DH 25
    Bubba #1 due 14th Feb 2007 (in 5 weeks!!!)

The bra fitting lady gave me some good adivce and I've only bought one set of bras in the 12 or so months I've been wearing them.

Across the back you should have enough hooks to expand one for every month you have left to go on your preg and one for afterwards. So at month 5 you should have 5 hooks you are able to expand.

In regards to cup size get one that fits but you can comfortable fit your fist in the top of as well as your boob.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kim~ View Post
    Across the back you should have enough hooks to expand one for every month you have left to go on your preg and one for afterwards. So at month 5 you should have 5 hooks you are able to expand.

In regards to cup size get one that fits but you can comfortable fit your fist in the top of as well as your boob.
    Kim I was told the same thing for both across the back and cup size. I guess it's general (yet good) advice though and everybody must be different though because I'm still on the second smallest setting for across the back, whereas I'm almost falling out of the cups at the front.

Taia's Mum Guest

DisGirl - have you been professionally fitted? Sounds like you need to go up a cup size but down a back size...

i had to get new bras pretty early on in my pregnancy. i was a 10D or DD (depending on make) and am now in a 12E.

i swear by the loveable maternity bras, they are $40 and i had them professionally fitted. they are soo comfy and worth it.

i couldnt get cheapies as i couldnt find any in my size in department stores.

Quote Originally Posted by natty23 View Post
    DisGirl - have you been professionally fitted? Sounds like you need to go up a cup size but down a back size...

Yup, been fitted twice already. Last time was over a month ago though so I think I'm due to go again. Finding the energy to get off my butt and do it though is another thing entirely....

I was fitted at Myers and got a Bonds maternity bra ($39?)from them. Then I wandered down to Big W and found the EXACT SAME BRA for $28, not even on sale. They also had the Bonds maternity singlets (which I can't do without!) heaps cheaper too. Pays to shop around.

Thanks for all the info.

I will go to Bras n Things one day to get fitted.

At the moment all I am wearing is a soft cup wireless 'shirt' bra. They are pretty comfy and I still go heaps of growing room.
    Last edited by Ngala; January 10th, 2007 at 03:19 PM.

Taia's Mum Guest

yep I second Loveable! they are sooooo comfy I could sleep in them and not notice!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast