Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Maternity Bras

Veronica KMart have a maternity bra sale starting Thursday if you decide to go back & look for 14s, details here.

OOOhh thanks for telling me that Sarah! I will go back and look for 14s. I really need to get in to some a lil more comfy.

campbellsmummy Guest

I recommend being professionally fitted. An ill-fitted bra can damage your breasts and alter your milk supply. We stopped off at myer on the way home from hospital, when bub was 4 days old. My milk supply had only just come in and the maternity bra I had bought previously from target was hopeless in the hospital. I didn't realise I was going to get that big - from a 12B to a 14DD. I bought an elle mcpherson maternity (very comfy). Yes I'll admit expensive, but I rotate between the 2 pairs I have and they dry very quickly. Hope it helps

I am planning to get fitted in to a maternity bra but I have no idea what size I am going to get to! I am planning to just get something for the time being and then when I get bigger and further along in the pregnancy to be fitted in to something nice and comfy.
    I bet the elle mcpherson one is great!! I got a gift card from myer for christmas so planning to pay for my bras with that

lol i am in mat. bras already lol i was in them at about 8 wks... i isually wear like a 12 b and i hadn't gone up that much just to a 14b but they were so sore and achy that the mat. bras really helped coz they are so soft and comfy... at this stage coz its so early i just bought a couple of ten dollar ones from best n less but they are a godsent lol i plan to get more serious ones down the track...

I went out and bought my very first maternity bra last night! Not very sexy (LOL) but they are comfy! And I have gone up a cup size! Doesnt even look like it...

are there any sexy maternity bras out there or are they all pretty plain?

Ummmm, I think they're all pretty plain. Some are nicer than others though. Right now, I couldn't give a toss, I'm just so happy to be wearing a bra that is comfy!

I'd forgotten that I got a Myer voucher for Xmas too Veronica.....thanks for that, I'll use mine for bras too I think!

Yeh a comfy bra is a great thing!

lol

I think I am just used to wearing a nice push up bra! And no worries about reminding you about the voucher. I made everyone get me vouchers for chrissy so I'd get clothes/bras later on.

Although you may not have gotten much bigger you should still look at getting mat bras without an underwire because you wil start producing milk and not wearing underwire gives ryou room and you wont get blocked milk ducts etc.
    You're lucky - I have gone from a 12c to a 14 E now!! I love the lovables too and the elle mcpherson bras and i just alternate!!

HI Veronica My breasts didn't change that much - certainly not a cup size..just got fuller. I went to B&T and got fitted at around 6-7 months. I bought a few Lovable brand ones (i think that's the brand) and they were great. Still in good condition that i'll be able to use them this time around too (but i'm gonna get 2 more newies anyway).

i know that it is unwise to wear wire bras at any stage of pg. when i heard this (at 9 wks pg) i went out straight away to buy some mat bras. ALL the ones I have are 10DD wire. So I went for a fitting in myer and the lady asked me if I had already had it. LOL i know my bb's are big - but come on! LOL. She fitted me into lots of bras and finally we decided on a 12E. Mat bras have 6 sets of clips at the back and you should start on the tightest one, and the cup should be able to fit more in it, so that you can wear the bras longer. I bought a bra at myer and then went to harris scarfe and found the same one reduced from $69 down to $44. I always have to pay heaps for a good bra as I have FULL bb's. I envy those with small cups..... (you do not know how lucky you really are)

I went looking and couldn't find any maternity bras in a 10. Tried on a 12 but the tightest back fitting was miles too loose. So I am just continuing to wear some nice comfy t shirt bras but up in a 10 D now. Do they actually make maternity bras in a 10???? Surely there are some small framed people like me around having kids????

Default Bra's for melons

I thought this is an issue I need to address as I don't know what exactly to do.

I am normally a 12 DD bra size. by 8 weeks I moved into a 12 E and now at 14 weeks I am literally falling out of the 12E these are all maternity bra's.

Should I hang on and keep pushing them back into the 12 E for a little longer or just go ahead and try and find a 12 F?

I am freaked out panicking at exactly how big they will go... everything I have read suggests they will increase the most during breast feeding.

so what will i wear then ? 12 Z????

they are so darn expensive and I dont want to be buying bra's every other month.

not to mention the strain on my neck and shoulders....

suggestions ? where do I look for 12 f's??

try target they have large cup sizes and are quite inexpensive

also have ya thought of going up to a 14 i know i needed to move up a size cause of girth increasing rather than cup

I hear ya darls!!! I went to a bra shop just to make sure i had the right ones...and once i knew the correct size i bought a heap from Target.....much softer and i love them. Only i find the privacy panels (cant think what their real name is..lol) seems to not sit in the bra right? So maybe they are the wrong size now..... im a D cup now.....

I agree with what Rach said... go up the next size rather then just the cup..it makes a big difference!!!

I had to order mine from the undie's shop And yes they are expensive!! About $60!!!

Tanya

I'm a 14E, was a 14D before getting pregnant. I found the only place was at a bra shop or online. You'll be lucky to find maternity bras in the shops for those sizes. And yeah, about $60 a pop!

A good shop online where i got some from is DeBras...google it and it should come up.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast