Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Morphology/sexing scan..& fundal height?

Just wanted to add, I've been reading through this thread and I feel for you, it really sounds like you've been treated terribly! I'd go to A&E as well, if I was leaking fluid I'd be freaking!

Hi Tara, I was going to suggest just turning up at the A & E also. They aren't going to turn you away if you're in their face IYKWIM? If they did it wouldn't be a good thing for them at all! You have a right to put your mind at ease. I would be feeling very stressed like you also if I was going through that. Also on your GP...IMO I would see if you could find a new one as he doesn't seem to be overly concerned and a good doc will not make you feel more stressed or dismiss your fears and concerns.

In relation to the morphology scan, I think that yes it has to be after 18 wks due to what they're checking and measuring. Mine was 18 wks 6 days from memory. I hope that you have this all worked out for you soon and that you can rest a bit easier!

I just wanted to say thankyou for all the advice in this thread and all the people that gave me their experiences.

Update: I went to the GP on Tuesday in the end, I wanted to go to A&E earlier, but it is an hour and a half away, I don't drive and my daughter came down very sick during that time (it ended up being chicken pox!) Anyway, my GP sent me straight to A & E which I managed with great difficulty (it's horrible living this far away, I shouldn't complain others are further, but it really is) and managed to get a lovely woman who looked after my children till late that night, despite the fact she had children and my dd was contagious.

They did some tests and due to it being so late by the time I got in, they couldn't send my for an USS. I asked if I could go home and get one in my local area the next day. I haven't had the doctor's report yet, but the sonographer sounded very positive, and all indications are pointing toward a hindwater leak only, which is a big relief. I'm getting a phone call back from my GP with the results tonight, but I'm feeling positive about it. After going into a&E, I made sure no matter what that I rested really well and I've only had one leak in the last 2 days which is much better than what it was, so I think that it's healing up. I'm looking forward to getting back to normalcy and I hope this is the start of it.

Thanks again for all your advice and wishes

p.s. Chelleg, you were right, it was deliever suite that I couldnt see till 18 weeks, I was to go to actual a&e so that's where I got my idea from

That is wonderful news Tara! Hope it all stays well for you from here on in!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12