Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Beta results....

I don't think the worry will really stop now until I can feel bubs moving - after losses preg kinda loses the whole innocence thing.

I had my 12 wk scan last week and bubs was dancing up a storm still with h/b of 167 and two arms and legs etc - we were so relieved cos of similar experiences as you. My m/s has abated over the past 2 days, so of course now I am worried something has happened now - but I know that stats are on our side if we can get to that second trimester mark and everything seems ok. My downs risk was 1:3579 which is good for my age - but yeah, although I do get more confident with every day, still nervous.

Post your results after your scan next week. I just know that this time around this little bub is gunna give you a run for your money and create havoc in you for the next 7 months

Take care
    Sam

Hi Sam hope you are doing well.

I went for my 1st scan this morning. I am very relieved that everything is ok at this point. They've actually bought my due date forward by 3 days so I am now due on Nov 14. My baby was measuring 2.13cm and had a healthy heartbeat of 175 bpm. They said everything looked perfect. I am excited but the thought of miscarriage is still in my head. DH couldn't come to the scan with me and I was so nervous. I could feel myself shaking a bit as I was laying there. I've been meaning to ask you, have you thought about hiring or buying a fetal heart doppler? I am going to hire one. That way I can listen to my bubs heartbeat whenever I want to. I think they are about $40 a month to hire.

Take care

That is great news!! I know though that you need to get past the next one for your personal milestone too. A good strong heartbeat too, that is what got me through to my next scan.

My hubby couldn't come to one I had at 10.5 weeks, my little girl was with me so I asked her to look after mummy and hold my hand - she was just so precious and in a weird way it helped having even her there (she is 3 today so had no idea what we were doing )

I have thought about a doppler but have decided against it - what if I couldn't find the heartbeat I am sure I would be freaking out, when it could just be bub's position of the day. My doc tried last week when I was nearly 14 weeks (yep, still need to know ...) but she couldn't pick it up - she said it was a week or two too early - especially cos I have an anterior placenta at the front so it does tend to make it harder to pick up the heartbeat early on until around 16 weeks.

So after I found out i had an anterior placenta, I definitely decided not to get a doppler

However, I am going back to GP next Thurs to give it another go at 15.5 wks, and my first midwife appointment is the following Tuesday, so hope to hear it at both of those appointments

Are you very sick? i have still had m/s strong some days, easier the others, then strong again - maybe my mind helping to let me know everything is ok .....

Everything crossed for now, have you made your next u/s appt?

Sam, I didn't think of that with the doppler, good point, I'd freak out too if I couldn't find the heartbeat. Yes I still have morning sickness, it gets worse around 4pm and stays until I go to sleep. My DH is never home at night so it's always up to me to cook dinner etc. Sometimes I just don't feel up to it but have to for my daughter. Happy B'day to your DD. My DD turns 3 next month. They grow so quick. I haven't booked my next scan yet. I'll probably book it tomorrow and I'll go back to my gp next week to get a referral for it and organise the blood work for the nuchal fold test.

Hi Sam,

How are you going? I can't believe you are 17 wks already. Have you started to feel movements yet? Have you booked your next scan? I've got my NT scan on Friday, I am so nervous about it. I'm already thinking negative because my morning sickness has now gone and I'm not feeling tired and my boobs aren't sore anymore. I know it's around now that the symptoms start to disappear but I still can't help but worry. Fingers crossed I am worrying for nothing.

Take care

I am totally envious, cos I am still sick every second day or so - but dunno if it is my mind trying to mke me less anxious!! I can feel some movement and have for about 10 days but doubted myself KWIM? My midwife last week though got the h/b on doppler in about 4 seconds so that made me feel better. Scan booked for 15/05.

what are you doing on Friday before your scan? You don't need me to say keep busy or do something you enjoy if you can. I was so nervous I stuffed my water prep and only did it 30 minutes before hand, but bladder still full - that's what you get for already having had kids lol.

As you said, normal for symptoms to start improving at this time, but you and I know both know it won't stop the worry until Friday is over!!! The FIRST thing I said when I went in was - please find the h/b and told her why - she said, don't need to, look at all that movement .... she was great. I hope you get someone just as understanding and compassionate as we did.

Did you get a doppler? I keep looking at them thinking about it - delivery is a problem for me (hire) cos cant get personal packages delivered at my work, but can't guarantee i will be home on day and arvo off!

What time on Friday? Friday my full day off so I will check back in to hear all the good news

Wishing you so much luck, someone else in here is saying they are my good luck charm, and so far so good, so think of me as yours - if I can get this far, so will you hun.

Sam - thanks for all your kind words and support. My scan is at 11am on Friday so I will definitely post on here when I get home. We may go baby shopping after if all goes ok. I haven't bought anything yet just in case things don't go well.

I haven't hired the doppler yet, I am still thinking about it but like what you said a few wks ago that I will worry if I don't find the heartbeat.

I have to drink 1 litre of water on Friday and hold for an hour. I am hopeless at doing that, I am always so busting and it's very painful, then when I usually get there they tell me my bladder is too full and I need to empty it a bit. With the NT results do you get them then and there at the scan or do they need to go back to your dr and he or she tell you the results? My dr said to come back about a week after the scan for results but I don't want to wait that long, I know I will be impatient.

That's so exciting that you are feeling movements. Are you going to find out the sex of your baby?

Take care

I dared to have a look at a few things myself only last week - and each day getting more excited secretly LOL.

Each state is different - in my BB due thread everyones NT results were done differing from ppl having blood test 1-2 wks before scan, to like me - having to have the blood test on the day and after the scan! My doc said to wait 7-10 days - I had mine on a Wed and saw doc following Fri, but rang on Thurs and they only arrived that day. But the report tells you the nuchal lucency straight away so you can kinda get a rough idea - normal" supposed to be up to 3mm and of course age comes into it - but I have seen ladies have results up to 4.1, had amnio and all just fine.

Our water prep here is 600mls, but 2 hours beforehand - I just can't do that anymore LOL.

My hubby wants to find out sex, but I don't - I think cos I have one of each and after two angels, as long as everything is ok is just so very wonderful. Of course, I will cave cos I am a control freak - but wait to make sure all ok first and then ask at the end

I know probably too early for you to get home - but was thinking of you and i hope it all went reeeallly well

Hi Sam,

I am so very, very happy. Everything is fine with my baby. It is such a relief. I was so nervous and panicing before the scan. I even had a dream last night that I was told there was no heartbeat. Anyway the lady I was was lovely and I told her how nervous etc I was. She found bubs straight away and when I saw him/her moving I got very teary!! My due date has been bought forward by 1 day so I am now due 13th November. She said the fold on bub's neck was measuring 1.1 and that it was great.I asked her when I'd get the results of the NT and she said she'd work it out in the computer program later this arv and that my dr would have the results by Tuesday arv (Monday is a public holiday up her in Qld). After the scan DH, DD and I were sitting in the waiting room for her to put my pictures on disc for me. When she came out she said she'd worked out my NT result for me because she knew how stressed I had been. My numbers were 1:16841 so I am very happy about that.

I am still in shock that everything has turned out fine. I do feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I want to tell everyone I am pregnant but think I will wait a couple more weeks yet. I've told my mum but I might actually tell my sister now as well.

I was meant to drink 1 litre of water before the scan. I drank 750ml and I was busting by the time I got to the x-ray place where they do the scans. I felt like my kidneys were going to fail I was in so much pain so they said I could go to the toilet and pee for 10 seconds only. It was a relief but the pain soon came back. Lucky after she'd measured the fold on the neck she told me to go empty my bladder so she could do the rest of the scan.

Anyway I just wanted to thank you for all your support and well wishes. I will be thinking of you on the 15th for your scan as well. I am sure you'll be fine but please let me know how you get on.

What fabulous news!!!!! Congrats to you - you must really feel like huge weight has been lifted and can trust yourself again that your body CAN do this.

We still waited until around the 14/15th mark before saying much to very many people - and even now it all feels a bit weird.

soooo excited for you both, hope you stay well over the next few weeks.

Hi Sam,

Hope you are well. Your scan is today and I've been thinking about you and wondering how you got on. I'm sure your baby is doing great.

Did you decide to find out the sex of your bubba? Have you been feeling any kicks or movements? If so, how many weeks were you when you first felt them? Does everyone know you're pregnant yet? We still haven't told anyone except my mum, my sister and one of my good friends. I am still dying to tell everyone but also still very nervous that something will go wrong. I spoke to my GP about it the other day and he said I should be fine to tell everyone, also my belly has popped out and he said to me that most people are probably guessing that I am anyway.

It's my DD's 3rd birthday tomorrow. I can't believe she is 3 already, goes so quick doesn't it!!

Well better go, take care and please let me know how you got on today.

Hi Leigh!

We are very, very, very excited and happy and any other adjective you can imagine. U/s went beautifully with bubs having all the bits and pieces in the right spot for this time, and a little extra between the legs .... yep, caved, we are baking a beautiful little boy. So relieved and hopefully will now RELAX

This time around I started to feel rolling type movements around 16 weeks, and even now sort of pushing out feelings and rolling but not "kicking" as such, cos of the position of the placenta blocking some feeling for this size - I am sure I will feel the boots in another couple of weeks good and proper! I was worried going into u/s today, and did go to my gp last Friday just to hear the heartbeat again so I would feel better going in!

I started to tell a few people around 15 wks, pretty tentative, but had to cos I am sure people were starting to wonder. Today I told everyone I saw though so now everyone knows without a doubt.

Well we are really ticking along now - bubs measured 20wks on the knocker today so am happy the growth was been fine since last scan too.

How are you feeling - I am still feeling a bit off - what is with that?? Not every night, but enough to make me groan

Hope you stay well over the next few weeks - did you get a doppler or going to leave that to your GP to give you a fix every couple of weeks???

Hi Sam,

Fantastic news on your scan, I couldn't be happier for you!!! You must be so relieved that everything is sailing along so smoothly. Wow and you're having a boy.

I did end up getting a doppler. I ended up buying a cheap one for $70. It arrived last Thursday and I couldn't find the heartbeat, mind you I had know idea where to position it on my belly. Also I had read on the net that some women, especially those who have caeserian scars can have a little trouble finding it, for some reason I wasn't concerned that I couldnt find it. I had a GP appointment on Monday and asked him where the correct position would be for how far along I am and he told me just above the pubic bone so yesterday I tried and I found the heartbeat I was so happy and today I found it again and DH was home so he got to hear it as well. I'm glad I've got it coz at my GP visits I don't get to listen to the heartbeat.

I haven't booked in for my 18-20 wk scan yet. I've got a hospital appointment on Monday 26th May and my GP said the hospital will book it for me but if the hospital can't fit me in around the 18-20 wk mark to go back to my GP for a referral to the x-ray place where I had my NT scan done.

I'm thinking of maybe starting to tell most close friends in the next week, as I said in my post earlier today that my belly is popping and they're probably guessing, if not they'd be thinking jeez Leigh has really stacked on the weight. Also I'm probably never really going to relax until I'm holding bubs in my arms so even if I waited until much later to tell people I'd still be worrying.

As for my sickness I still feel yucky as well, mostly at night but like you its not too bad but enough to make me groan but I don't care as long as my bub is safe and well.

Take care and please keep in touch to let me know how your pregnancy is progressing!!

The time has flown yet also gone sooooooo slowly!

Leigh you must be due for your big scan anyday now - are you going to find out the gender???

I just read back on your last post that you won't feel relaxed until bubs in your arms, I still feel like that now. It is great on here, but you also see a lot of the really sad stories that seem to be very common which freaks me out a bit But I have learned so much about things I had no idea of even though I have already had two kiddies.

Hope you are doing well, and let me know how you are going.

Sam

Hi Sam,

How are you? Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, I have been away for almost 2 weeks with no computer access so I've been missing out on all the belly belly gossip.

I've got my 20 wk scan at 10:30 am tomorrow I am so excited but nervous at the same time. I am everything will be ok. I'm feeling alot movements lately which is great and has helped me relax a little bit but I listened to my bub's heartbeat about 30 mins ago and told DH I probably will again tomorrow morning before the scan just to be on the safe side. Yes we are going to find out the sex. We're going to keep it a secret from family and friends though but I will share the news on here so I will post some time tomorrow to share the news.

Better go

Hi Sam,

Just wanted to let you know that I went for my scan today and everything was perfect. I was so happy and relieved!!! We asked to find out the sex if she could see what it was. She did all her necessary measurements and said she wasn't able to tell while doing the measurements but tried to have a look for us at the end. She couldn't get a clear picture but she took a stab at it and said it looks like we are having another girl. She wasn't completely sure though but that's what it looked like to her. No boy bits from what she could see. Because she wasn't all that sure I am not positive. I have a feeling it's a girl and would ideally love another little girl but I guess I'll just have to wait and seen when the baby is born. I'm a bit bummed I don't know for sure coz I am dying to go shopping and don't really want to have to buy all neutral stuff. Nevermind, as long as it's healthy that is the main thing hey!!

Better go

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12