Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NT scan/Down Syndrome positive result

Thanks everyone, I know I have a 19 in 20 chance of not having a condition, and I need to keep reminding myself of that. Its so hard though. Clare, good luck with it all, its a hard time to be going through, a time in limbo. Take care.

I will write again tomorrow and let you know how the proceedure went. I think I am more nervous about having a big needle stuck in my belly!

Melissa still thinking of you and praying that everything will be okay with bubs.

The needle yeah it's scary but to be honest it's something that you don't worry about once you are in that room. I just wanted it done as quick as possible and i think the full bladder i had took my mind off things.

clare076 Guest

Hi Melissa
    Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you today. I hope the procedure went well and you weren't too uncomfortable. Rest up now and let us know how you got on when you get a chance.

HI All,
    Well I got through it. The local anesthetic hurt more than the actual needle itslef and the proceedure was over in a minute. I have had some mild period like cramping, but that cleard up with panadol and sleep. The other thing was that I had a mild allergic reaction to the local, coz my mouth swelled up a bit (I am allergic to a few things). And the other thing that has kept my mind off it all is the fact I have come down with the flu. I have been asleep all day, from 11am till about 6pm, so its knocked me out a bit. Now the wait starts. I actually feel calmer now that the proceedure is all over and done with.
    I will let you know the results. Clare, good luck. Thanks for your thought

Love Melissa

Melissa have been thinking of you all day and just want to send you a
    I hope you are able to rest for a few days more and you get some good news next week. My thoughts are still with you.

Best wishes Melissa and I'm glad the procedure went fairly smoothly for you. Thinking of you.

Hi Melissa,

I am glad it all went as well as can be expected, and I hope you dont have to wait too long for the results. Wishing you all the best.

Hi Melissa,
    I just wanted you to know that my thoughts and prayers have been with you. I am thinking of you today as you wait for your results. Big hugs to you Sweetie.... :hugs:

Hi everyone,
    Just wanted to let you know my prelim results came back and they are ok I let DP speak to the genetics counsellor coz I was way too scared, but its all good so far. We still have to wait for the final results. All I know is our baby doent have down syndrome, trisomy 13 or 18 or turners syndrome. What a relief, now I can breath a bit easier. Thanks so very much for all your kind words, lets hope the rest of this pregnancy goes well

Love Melissa

Melissa that is great news i am so happy for you.
    Hope the rest of your pregnancy is trouble free.

Melissa, wonderful news you deserve it after everything.

we werent going to find out but i think we are curious now..... what to do I am so happy

clare076 Guest

Oh Melissa what wonderful news. I have been thinking about you all weekend.

Congratulations, now you can start celebrating.

skorpy Guest

Bless you,you deserve to be happy after your little scare and being worried..I a very happy for you.Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy

Melissa, I am so happy for you. Do something wonderful for yourself today you deserve it Sweetie!

Firstbump Guest

Congratulations, I am so pleased for you that all is well with your precious little bub.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12