Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preggo brain stories...?

Red face Preggo brain stories...?

Well, guess what stupid thing I did last night...?

Decided to get out a beautiful roast (DH fav) to defrost for Valentines dinner and left it on the bench for a while and was going to put it into the fridge to continue defrosting overnight. However, Squishy must not have felt like roast beef for dinner because he/she made me forget to put it away before going to bed. Now normally I do a sweep of the house to make sure that everything is locked and the kitchen is tidy etc. But not last night! So this morning Rory gets up and finds our 'adorable' (read terror) cat has had a good old feast of $20 roast, meat and blood (beef) and wrapping all over the kitchen and floor.
    I was in tears, couldn't believe that I had done something so stupid as to leave it out.

I need to hear from other ladies with preggo brain stories to make me feel better Pretty please...???

Hi Kate...
    he he he...
    BUT you are not alone..... mine wasnt a roast story... its was 4kg of chicken breast.
    I went shopping... was really stoked cause it was my first shop with my new born bubba.... so it was post preggo brain... but I got home.. all proud of my efforts as a first time mum first time shopping with a baby... unpacked the car and put all the shopping away...
    Put $110 worth of meat in the fridge for DH to pack away for me when he got home.. he didnt end up getting to it till the next day... he is going through the meat and says "is this all you got for $110!!!!" I was like yeah there is HEAPS what are you talking about!!!.........................
    Turns out.... I had left a bag of 4kg chicken breast and a pack of 6 T bone steaks in the car....... overnight!!!
    You should have smelt the STINK!!! OH MY GOD it was herendous!!! I went out to attempt to clean it and vomitted on the drive way!!! So good ol DH held his breath and cleaned it out for me!! what a CHAMP!

During my pregnancy I would be talking to someone.. anyone.. and just literally zone out in the middle of a convo!!! it was very unlike me so it was very noticeable....

Thats my funny story anyways

Good luck with your yummy dinner tonight
    xoxoxoxoxoox

Not exactly a preggo brain story but a chicken story - DH and I once left 8 large organic frozen chooks in the boot of his car - for about 4 days!! Thankfully there wasn't much smell but we couldn't believe the $$$ we'd wasted!!

Katie, I have HEAPS of stories!!!

I've put the milk in the pantry
    I went to put meat in the fridge to defrost - and put it in the pantry...
    I put a very important doc on hold at work and forgot about him - for 35 minutes!!!!!!!!!
    I forgot to let the dog out one morning - got half way to work and had to turn around! Lucky he didn't make a mess in the house!
    I've left shopping at the supermarket (thankfully I haven't done the food shopping on my own since being PG and DH always realises what I've done!)
    I've left my handbag in a shop (oops!)
    I forgot to lock the house once....
    I've forgotten meetings with friends....

LOL

MG

My SIL was going down the shops on her own.

She got in the passenger seat, did up her seatbelt, and waited to get going!

What she forgot...was she was actually supposed to be the one driving!

Oh I've had some good ones!

The best was today at work I found out failed to recover over $350K Thankfully, I'll be able to recover it now - two months late!

Last week I got a call from DH to tell me that I had gone to work and left the front door completely unlocked

About two months ago I got in my car to come to work and realised the pedals felt funny.....it was because I had no shoes on

There are countless times where I've started speaking and forgotten what I was saying, or just trailed off. I also say the wrong words in the wrong places. Thank goodness DH can translate most of the time

I put Ds in the car a few days ago, and forgot to buckle his seatbelt...! Lucky he is 3 and can shout at his dumb mother! We didn't even make it out of the driveway!

When we were at the shops just now, I was reversing out of our spot.I had my foot on the accelerator, and was wondering why the car didn't have much power...I hadn't turned the engine on!

Last pregnancy, I turned on the stove top to cook, without taking the cover off, and the whole house stank of melted plastic and metal!

These are just hysterical and are certainly bringing a smile to my face!!

Just yesterday I had to send off two letters. I put the wrong documents in the wrong envelopes and got a call today from the First Aid company asking why they had received my police clearance application.... oh lordy! And I'm not pregnant!!!!

They do say that your brain never really does go back to normal

Hmm, touch parking (three times in a matter of days), incorrectly thinking that a mattress x size would fit cot size y (10cm difference!), lots of really dumb stuff. Haven't left any food out though. Can't think of the rest.

my friend forgot her pin number the day after giving birth... she couldn't get any money out either coz the banks were closed lol

I was just thinking this morning...I haven't had a preggo brain moment yet...

THEN...

I turn up at work this afternoon, realising that I haven't changed my shoes!!!

Have my professional work clothes on...and then a pair of birkenstock slip-ons!

Whoops!!!

They are classic girls!! thanks for a good giggle xoxo

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! have had a good laugh here, thanks

Forgetting how to actually talk has been an issue for me. This is especially hard because I teach LOTE (German and a little French) so not only would I forget the English words but also the other languages... DH has been very understanding. I often (still) say the wrong word for stuff. eg other day, I was already sitting on the couch, so I asked DH, "Oh, can you just switch the nappy on while you're up?" (Isn't it obvious I meant the fan? Well, he worked it out, anyway...)

Also, today I had come in from walking the dog, and took off my trousers as it's been warm, and just wandered round in my t-shirt while I did washing up, etc. Then got ready to go back out to get a few things from the shop, grabbed bag, keys, and was just slipping on my shoes when I realised - hmmm, should probably put pants on first?!

Just one of many......

I picked up the dirty to towels to wash them, couldn't remember where I'd put them, wandered around for 20 minutes looking (thinking I'd really lost the plot!)........I'd put them in the dryer!

OMG these are so funny ladies!! Keep them coming...
    Now for my input, and i am serious about this one.
    SIL had to work and i had been having really bad BHs she said ring me if you need me. I said ok, right, how am i going to ring your mob if we cant ring mobiles from the home fone and i have no credit?
    SIL- reverse charges
    ME- Whats the number??
    ROFL

Ok on Tuesday night I was heading off with a friend to meet some other friends for dinner & I was driving we were talking away, pulled into a servo kept talking I got out to put petrol in the car & I had pulled up next to the Diesel pump, ok so I stretch the thingy from the previous pump which I had driven past & it just reached & I then put the petrol in & closed the petrol thingy, but without screwing the cap on, so I go to the drivers side have to pull the lever so I can twist the cap back on, then I walk into the servo, but dont have my purse or anything back to the car & get my purse, then I withdraw some moey (As I had no cash omn me for dinner either) & pay for the petrol & walk back to the car giggling to myself coz it was just so scattered! Then I couldnt talk properly & my friend was craking up coz I was just getting worse & worse!

I have dropoped Indah at FDC, with no socks, shoes, nsppies lot's of missing things!! OH well thankfully it's all close by so i can go home & sort it all out!!!

I think this preg I am getting wortse though!

well as i lie here in fits of laughter as i realise what i'm in for.

So far the worst thing i have done is constantly leaving the iron on.
    and i continually forget what i'm doing or where i'm going.

i'm sure i'll have some crakers soon though. i'm starting to feel like i'm loosing my marbles.

heidi Guest

Hi - LOL! I suddenly feel a whole heap better - here I was thinking PG-brain was some kind of urban-myth...

On Monday I scooped up all the dirty laundry on the bathroom floor (DH "misses" the laundry basket sometimes in our ensuite) and meant to put them in the laundry basket, which is right next to our toilet, and only realised i'd lifted the lid on the toilet rather than the basket when I turned around and DH was looking at me like i'd gone nuts!

Needles to say I removed the clothes from the toilet and put them straight in the washing machine. Ooops.

Keep them coming I like this thread!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast