Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy & Headaches

Babushka Doll Guest

This happened to me at 15 weeks too - they were blinders! My OB also told me to take Pandadol which seemed to lul the pain but not the heavy feeling, he said that it is mainly due to the increased blood supply around 15 weeks, apparently the blood vessels behind the eyes contract causing the terrible pain. My eyesight got worse around this time too and I found that i had to wear my glasses every time i drove.

Hopefully they will leave you alone in the next few weeks, by 20 weeks they were gone for me!

X

thats reassuring to hear that they stop after 20 weeks. 5 more weeks to go lol. my eyes are stinging too but im also at a computer all day so im sure that isnt helping. the joys of pregnancy

Hi Sarak,
    I was getting really really bad headaches also during my pregnancy and my doctor advised me that I could have Panadine. They got that bad due to sinus and also giving up caffine that I started to take them when it got really bad and it did the trick beautifully!!!
    So if you feel you need to check with your GP.. do so and grab yourself some panadine. If you are feeling stressed ect with headaches it can just put more stress on the baby.. (that is what my doc said)

Good luck and I really hope you feel better

xoxoxo

Hi SaraK, I am pretty early and have already had my share of headaches. I finally found out that taking a warm shower really seems to do the trick for me. I didn't want to take any meds, so someone suggested it and it works for me. Hope you get some relief.

Yep panadol here when they got bad.

The headaches are caused by the increase in blood volume and by the increaseing hormone levels. Your body will usually adjust to these increased levels by about 20 weeks. Panadol can help but if it does not you can take panadine. No more than 8 tabs in any 24 hours

thanks Alan. i am finding that 2 panadols a day has been doing the trick .

2 panadol a day is quite a small and is completely safe for you and your baby

For sinus relief (or to unblock sinus) I heard Fess is good. it is only a saline solution, but check with Dr or pharmacist before buying to double check it is ok to use whilst pg.

I was getting those shocking headaches up until about 20 weeks too. When they got really bad I'd take two Panadol. Like BD I'm finding that my eyesight is worse than normal and I'm having to wear my glasses more. Thought it was just me, but maybe it is pg related????

Fess is safe for use in pg, I used it when I had a cold early on. The pharmacist recommended it to me. My only problem was that it would then run down my throat and make me throw up (my m/s was pretty awful at that time, it didn't take alot to make me chuck!). But it did clear out my sinuses.

Oh Sara, I know exactly how you feel. My head is killing me as I type. I'm sure staring at this computer is helping.

My headaches are sinus related too and my neck is soooo stiff. I need a massage but I only had one a week or so ago. Yay for pregnancy!!!

Also, the pharmacist told me Fess is perfectly safe to use - it's just salt water.

Hope you feel better soon.

clare076 Guest

Default migraine

It is 7.30 pm here, I have a shocking Migraine but no Panadol! I live in a rural area so there is no hope of getting any, by the time I get to the pharmacy it will be closed. (not that I think panadol will do much anyway) The only other thing I have is advil, which contains ibuprofen or panadeine forte.

What on earth do I do?

Hi Clare, Migraines are awful - I suffer from them also and especially in pregnancy. As you know steer clear of the ibuprofen - it is contraindicated in pregnancy, especially early pregnancy. Panadeine forte is okay to take in pregnancy. If the pain is too much taking Panadeine forte is considered safe. I am sure you have done the cold pack hot pack thing, dim lights etc etc. Take good care Clare.

I know Ibuprofen is a no-no, prob. pandforte is probably also bad, but if your migraine is bad enough...well I've taken mersindol at 4 months before I knew I was pregnant. and my now 4.5 yr old is fine...Otherwise, dark room, and lie quietly?and get off pc!

clare076 Guest

Thanks Deb
    I didn't realise you could take panadeine forte during pregnancy. I am actually allergic to codeine so I will only be taking half a tablet but the pain is unbearable so I have no choice. Yeah I have tried everything including a caffeine hit! I know the computer screen is making it worse but DP was no help and I couldn't find nything in my books.

Thanks off to bed now.

Clare - how are you allergic Sweetie? As you know it's preferable to take nothing but migraine is no walk in the park.

clare076 Guest

Just popping back to say I have decided to try going without, have had nice hot shower and I think caffeine is kicking in, so taking the edge off it. Deb - codeine makes me feel funny, almost like a hypoglycaemic attack. Shaking, disorientated, drowsy, which is why when I get bad migraines I usually only take half a tablet, and then only if I am somewhere safe and other people are around to watch Shelby. I don't know how it would effect me while pregnant, which is why I don't think I will take it.

That's really wise Clare. Whilst codeine is considered okay to take in pregnancy it is obviously safest not to take anything if you can help it. I hope you wake this morning feeling better.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast