Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy & Headaches

Unhappy Headaches

I have been getting headaches almost every day of my pregnancy and it is driving me crazy!!! I got them often with my DS too but i didn't think this often. Does anyone else suffer from them on a daily basis??? Don't know what i would do without panadol!!

Hi Nell,

Yes I had them quite bad too. Hope you get some relief.

On and off i have the fu though its not helping just make sure u try and keep temperature down and fluids up and rest up *comfort hugs*

Well that's one thing, i know i'm not drinking enough....i'm trying to drink more. Still getting the headaches tho i know some of it is due to sinus aswell which i normally get pretty bad.
    Thanks 4 ur help!!!!

thia Guest

I suffered really badly with them as well, panadol, heat packs, osteopath, nothing really worked for very long. Luckily they disappeared almost immediately at the 16 week mark and I haven't had them since so I'm wishing that for you as well!

I suffer from migraines and they are more regular and intense whilst pregnant. Because I have no real trigger for my migraines its hard to try and control them.

I've had a lot of headaches too...but thankfully not daily...you poor thing!

I've found that if I take a panadol as soon as it starts, that helps...I've also been to a physio to help align my neck...which helped too...heat packs as well!

My mum was telling me yesterday that maybe my headaches are due to low blood pressure...

Hope it improves soon!

I didn't know low blood pressure could cause them... but it makes sense, my blood pressure has dropped a few times for no reason. Today is the first time in over a week i haven't needed panadol! I'm starting to feel like an addict LOL.

I can't stand heat packs but my DH puts a cool face washer on my neck and forehead to cool me down and that eases the headache a bit. But that's not always easy to do especially looking after an almost 3yr old every day.

Thanks for all ur help i hope all of u that get headaches have some relief too!!

Claire Guest

Default Headaches anyone?

I didn't have headaches in my previous 2 pregnancies but I seem to be getting one every day, sometimes even twice a day!!

I'm drinking as much water as I can, only drinking one cup of tea a day, choc and sweets are keep to a minimum....

Not sure what else I can do really?

Does anyone else have them?

CatherineL Guest

I was getting them pretty constantly too.. i haven't for the past week - but i felt so bad taking panadol once or even twice a day because they were so bad! And i have a high pain threshold.. I asked my Doctor and she said they were probably hormone headaches.

I got alot of BAD headaches between about 14 and 24 weeks. They eventually just went away. Like you, I couldn't find much to help them, just keep drinking lots of water, and take some Panadol if you need it.

I felt bad taking Panadol too, but I'm taking it 3-4 times a day ATM (not for headaches), and I figure that if it's keeping me comfy, then bubs will be comfy too.

I really hope they disappear for you, like they did for me! It's not nice at all getting headaches all the time.

I found a heat pack really helpful too...

As soon as I felt a headache coming on, I would take some panadol and use the heat pack...that generally cleared it up...if I left it, it just got worse and would last hours on end...

I'm now 24 weeks and only get them very occasionally...my worse period was between 15-19 weeks...

Wishing you all the very best!

I was getting some pretty bad headaches around the time as the others. I went to my doc about it and he said that they are cluster migraines and prescribed me some panadine forte. I think I only took it once when it was really bad. I figure, if I am suffering then my baby is suffering.

I dont think I have had a headache/migraine for a very long time..

Monnie, where would you put the heat pack? On your neck? Shoulders?

I have headaches 24/7 for the full 40 weeks

Heat packs work on my neck more then my shoulders.....panadol is like taking lollies... no relief at all. SO i give up and just deal with it.

Maybe check with a chiro or physio. There could be a back/neck problem that could be causing headaches.
    I visit a chiro once a month at the moment but will probably be increasing my visits the bigger I get.

I agree with Kate, there might be another issue (or it might be related to hormones). Most of us change the way we sleep once we are pregnant. If your belly is already on the bigger side, you might even have changed your posture.
    For me the key was to get a new pillow (one of those molded ones) and a body pillow to help me sleep on my side more comfortably. And I can happily say that I haven't had a single headache for months although I used to get them all the time, even before I got preggers.
    Another thing could be stress. Ask yourself if you are suffering from increased stress that might have to do with your pregnancy or might be totally unrelated.
    These things might not be applicable to you, but it might be worth looking into.
    I hope you'll feel better soon.

I got migraines and then cluster migraines for about 10 weeks in the 2nd trimester. I was reluctant to take panadol too, and definiely wasn't prepared to take anything stronger - even though my OB said I could. Sounds weird, but someone on BB suggested drinking a Coke (a real one, not a diet coke) and it definitely shifted my migraines. Not very medical, but worth a shot.

Oh, and my migraines were purely hormonal - nothing to do with chiropractic issues.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast