Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy Vent Thread #2

No one has posted here for a while so i thought that i would join in with you ourlux!!!
    The only whinge that i have is that i want to know what flavour my baby is
    I can't stand it anymore its all i think about.
    Oh well i find out on the 21st of december not long now.

NIkki

I am so sick of being a moody cow. Well a teary one. I just need to sleep (both DS's woke at the crack of dawn today) aswell as DS1 wetting the bed (not that its his fault but it has just added to my mood) DS2 whinging coz DS1 bashing him and DS1 not listening to mummy, Why am i putting myself through all this again?? Oh i know why, because i love it when they say "i love you mummy" or when your crying from having one of your Moody cow moments and they say "are you ok mummy?"
    Ok feel a little better...

I am going to have a groan to, i am very grateful to be pregnant after ttc for three yrs, with baby 3 but OMG my feet are killing me, they get so hot, and sleep i need sleep. I too am not happy about hot weather and our new air con has broke down just to add.
    My boobs though have not changed , they never have just get bigger nipples. Ah well bub will be here and ill forget all about it

My Turn...

I hate it when you get on PT in my case its the trains - and people just stare at you but don't offer a seat. I laugh at the fact that mostly they look once then read teh paper, put in an ipod or go to sleep but itsa much worse when like this morning - they just keep staring at the belly you have just shoved in their face because u are so squashed in you have no choice but to put it somewhere (where if your anything like me no one else can rub up against or bump - I hate strangers being in my personal belly space)

I hate this more though.... some people are un-bleeping-believable!!!

Last night there were 3ish seats left on the train both myself and a rude lady (I only refer to her as rude for ease of story telling) walked in opposite directions to each other towards the seat. As we met at the seat she looked at me then sat down. The lady adjacent to her asked if I would like a seat and half giggling at the rudeness that i just witnessed thanked her but declined. The lady sitting directly across from the rude one who had just sat down stood up and told me she only had one more stop anyway (I am laughing in frustration right now just remembering this)...... As she stood up the rude lady placed her bag on the seat and called her friend over before apologising when I sat down, almost on top of her bag.

The train was late and anyone from Melb experiencing our train system would understand how busy HOT and squashed in you are on peak hour trains. GRRRRRRR
    Last edited by MummyDuck; March 18th, 2008 at 10:30 AM.

Oh i'm so with you on the PT in Melb! I normally catch the train, but have had a pretty tricky first trimester, and was told by both GP and obs that I MUST sit on the train. Soooo... there I am, not looking PG (most of the time - sometimes I do, due to massive bloating)... having to ask for a seat.

So last night - trains were PACKED and hot... I dived over to the "priority" seats and asked two guys if I could please have a seat... the one guy got up immediately and said oh yes of course. So I was lucky that went well, but I'm paranoid about having to ask again, or having someone say - you're not PG, you're just fat (ok so maybe they wouldn't but that's what i'm afraid of!). My heart was pounding after just having to ask that one guy! Oh well.

That lady sounds like she was so rude, very annoying! Good luck for next time!

Belfie - Time to blow up a balloon and put it under your shirt

I feel your pain though - I don't think I could ask for a seat, I still get embarrassed at being offered one I'm a dork!!!

Arrrgh!!! I'm sooo over being pg. Just sitting here I have been having BH and they are starting to annoy me! They're not painful or anything, but when I have one it makes it so hard to sit here! My back is sore tonight, as is under my bump from walking too much at the shops yesterday. Baby is soo heavy and according to my u/s yesterday is measuring between 37-38wks...2wks bigger than he should!!! He's up in my ribs which are aching and sore from stretching so much. I have heartburn and the milanta is just not working well anymore I have to have 2 doses before bed so I don't wake up with it. I can't sleep I'm peeing at least twice a night. My hips ache from laying on my sides and I always wake up on my back cause thats how I usually sleep, barely able to breathe. I can't roll over in bed without half waking up, sitting up and moving an inch at a time.....ohhhh, I'm sooo over this already!!!! I could go on and on!!!

I'm over it. I'm over having dodgy things happen and putting on a brave face...
    So this is my list of crap pregnancy things!
    • Spotting
    • Subchorionic haemorrhage
    • Bleeding (full on!)
    • VERY restricted activity (for ~6 weeks of first tri)
    • Being told there was an umbilical cyst. Being told there probably never was an umbilical cyst
    • M/s till 16 weeks & a bit of vomiting (that's the one thing that wasn't too bad)
    • Being rushed to hossie by ambulance at 21.5 weeks and being told that bubs wouldn't make it (suspected prolapsed cord/sac) turned out to be prolapsed vagina. Cannula put in my arm because they thought I would lose so much blood.
    • Two more episodes of prolapsed vagina
    • Having hip problems to the extent I sometimes can't stand on one leg - unable to do any exercise
    • Failing GD screening. Failing GD fasting test by vomiting 1 1/2 hours in... diagnosis=inconclusive.
    • Testing BSL's and discovering I DO have GD.
    • Having the most selfish, lazy self-obsesssed, self-invited visitor (my bro) staying for NINE days while I go through all the GD crap.
    • Realising that while I already can't eat wheat, onion, most fruits, some vegies (pre-existing condition)... I NOW need to eat for GD as well as pregnancy!
    • Being told on Friday I need to start insulin on Monday cos my BSL's are too high
    • Finding out that hospitals want to induce insulin-dependant mums at 38 weeks.
    • HAVING PEOPLE TELL ME THAT EVERYONE'S PREGNANCY IS DIFFERENT AND THIS ISN'T TOO BAD!!!!
    • Having everyone say that everyone ELSE they know who's PG "doesn't look PG from the back" (I HATE that phrase).
    • Finding I can't sleep with DH cos I now sleep so lightly his snoring disturbs me - so sleeping on sofa-bed (which suits hip better) but I MISS MY CUDDLES!
    • Living on Rennies
    • Getting an itchy rash between my bbs
    • Getting more m/s again now
    • Feeling exhausted
    • Having to change my work finish date because I cannot cope with all this
    • Being told about "someone else that someone knew who managed just fine with GD"
    • Not being able to sleep in cos my back/hips are aching so much
    • Always putting too much pressure on myself to appear as thought i AM coping

And maybe it's wrong in a vent thread... but the saving grace in all this stress, frustration etc... is HAVING THE BEST LOVING DH IN THE WORLD! He has been there for me every single step of the way. And that has been no mean feat.

having DH ask me if it is normal to be so tired! and rolling his eyes when i mention any symptoms or niggles! (he was much more supportive first time round)!

Oh im so glad ive found this thread! no one else understands the moans and complains of a pregnant woman like other pregnant women!!!

bad M/S from week 4 to week 13
    sleeping on my side, finding myself on my back when i wake up
    watching three other pregnant women at work who are "loving being pregnant" and have had NO ISSUES at all
    being bloated
    craving food that is SO bad for me
    being SO tired all the time (this is a big one for me)
    PT issues (oh i could go on forever about this topic.....)

When i saw a lady the other night (who has been TTC for a few years unsuccesfully) i saw her just as teh baby pushed on my pelvic bone and really hurt me on my right hand side and i had to lift my leg up and she said to me "are you not enjoying your pregnancy?" almost incrediously and i just looked at her and thought... you will never understand until you are in this position! and then i felt bad for thinking that cos thats what she wants as well but i couldnt very well let her know i was not enjoying the bonding of my son and my pelvic bone so i had to pretend i was fine!

i said "i am, im just tired alot and there are aches and pains i have to deal with etc etc"

Im over rude people on the train and tram, the fact that i have to ask for a seat is ridiculous and the fact taht people look at my belly and push in front of me anyway to get the last seat makes me want to B!tch slap them.

The two tram drivers with nearly empty trams that went straight past me on a rainy day, one after the other, when i was the only one standing there with my hand (and belly) sticking out!

Im just grateful for my DH's patience as i moan and moan about all these things. Beleive me i am very very grateful for my little bundle, i will just be even happier when he's out and im not going through half these things anymore.

Roll on January (oh why is it so far away!)

Yay a thread I can relate too lol.

Ok here goes

M/S until after 17 weeks
    DF bringing home 2 viruses in 3 weeks
    My other kids not helping around the house
    Sore back
    sorer hips
    Not being able to bend over because of the bump
    Not being able to sit properly cause the baby is so low and kicks me in the vjj
    Soooooooo tired about 3pm
    Not sleeping at night
    and the list could go on lol

At least DF is supportive and this time he didn't have the M/S symptoms with me

Rock on November

I'm tired.
    Oh soooo tired.
    And I just woke up from a nap. I feel like I could sleep through until the morning.
    My belly hurts and I have NO motivation to do anything - why aren't I nesting??? I want to nest....
    It's GORGEOUS outside but the thought of getting Isabelle and the pram set up was just too much so I put on a DVD for her and now I feel like [email protected] for taking 30 mins for myself.
    I want to enjoy these last few weeks of pregnancy but I'm just too tired.
    I don't remember being like this in the last few weeks with Iz.
    The Wiggles annoy me.
    DH went back to work today after a week and a half off and I miss him.
    Off to feel sorry for myself.

Thank god for vent thread. I've had the most awful night last night and morning!

Partner is giving me the absolute [email protected]!s. He's usually very sweet and patient but last night he had a 6 pack with a mate and i'm exhausted and told him i'm going to sleep so he followed me into the bedroom and kept talking to me - i kept asking, 'please let me sleep, it's 11pm i'm TIRED and have to work tomorrow' .... he just kept talking (about nothing much).

of course i got cranky and then he got cranky and said 'go to sleep then, that's all you're good for these days'. makes me feel awful but at the same time SOOOOO mad. He's not had to sacrifice ANYTHING for this so far (given, he quit smoking but so what)... what i wouldn't give for him to carry the friggen thing for 9 months, no drinking, certain foods, exhaustion, hormones etc etc etc.

Why can't men understand (even the nice ones!). Are there any books out there that explain it in 'men speak' because it doesn't matter how much i tell him i'm tired, not hungry, don't like smells/ food, feel nauseous. i feel like he thinks i'm putting it on!

BLOODY MEN!

has anyone else had to put up with this - how did you cope? I feel like i'm going to have to endure this alone with no understanding support!

hun - they really have NO idea and no amount of reading or explaining does it for them. It has only been in the last few weeks that my DH has had the lightbulb go off because he has been home alot during the day to see WHY I have been so tired! Im huge and he watches me get up off the floor from playing with Isabelle and the look on his face is priceless! It will pass for you though and then you will have the 2nd trimester to be feeling wonderful, pregnant and gorgeous!!
    I hope it sinks in for him too and feel free to vent any time!

More gripes lol

my belly is huge and getting in the way
    I'm starting to swell up in my fingers and feet
    baby is sitting so low I feel like it is going to drop out any minute
    still have sore back
    and sorer hips
    have to waddle everywhere now as can't manouvre my way round anything because of the belly
    feeling like I have to clean then getting puffed just from getting up

Am so sick of this

Jazzed Guest

just dropping in to vent too
    i dont remember pregnancy being this hard with my other 3 , i did have bad M/S but i dont remeber having so much trouble sleeping , ive not had more than 3 hours of sleep a night with this one.

My back kills all the time,ive been super cranky all the time and the last couple of weeks ive been out of breath a lot because i feel like i have a huge wieght on my chest .grrr.

enough from me for today.

Being sick and not being able to take anything for it!!! therefore feeling worse than the average joe at just having a cold and cough....grrrrrr

people think im a sook!

Grr I need to have a big vent about public transport in Melbourne!!!!!!

I took a packed tram at lunch time up to the hospital to have my 20 week u/s. Bubs is measuring large for her gestation so I am a bit bigger than you'd expect and to my eyes I am clearly LOOKING like I am pregnant. It must be obvious as people I haven't told are starting to ask me when I am due!

For crying out loud, I got off at the hospital stop and got back on to go back to work at the hospital. So do you think people would realise and offer me a seat? NO!!!!!!!

The same thing happens when I get the train home from work. If I do not shove my way on to grab one of the precious remaining seats on the train, I have to stand, for up to 45 mins until I get home.

How rude are people!!!!!!

I am worried it is going to get worse the bigger I get and the hotter it becomes!

C'mon people of Melbourne - offer a pregnant woman a seat!!!!!!!!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast