Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy Vent Thread #2

Quote Originally Posted by Linzy View Post
    Latest rant..

DH lifting my tshirt to show his mates and the whole world/shopping centre/pub/wherever we are- my baby bump. Only for me to panic and eyeball my bikini line area as he tears my clothes off in case a stray hair is waving at the world from out of my underwear. I have told him so many times now 'don't do that, I can't trim as often as I used to now and it's embarressing' he's like 'pfffft who cares, let em say something, I'll shut em up' yeah like someone is going to say 'Ewwwww you have a pube sticking out, omigod how gross I think I'm going to be sick' not likely! He's sort of stopped doing it now, but still forgets

Rant over
    haha, i can totally understand how frustrating that would be, but at the same time it's so cute. He must be so excited to become a Daddy (:

NaeNae, your baby is manipulating you???
    Babies cry for a reason! So the person who said that doesn't have kids? I wonder how well they would do with ignoring their "manipulative" babies once they have them. Poor little tackers!

Well, I must say the second trimester is nicer than the first! Though I am getting quite sore feet, probably from nursing and not getting to sit down at all at work! I might need to invest in some jelly inserts or something similar.

Linzy - baby seats should pretty mch never be second hand, it's extreemly dangerous, as you don't know if they will still survive a crash. it may have been in a crash already, or may have been subjected to other elements effecting the strength. I have been offered so many things and I just smile & nod, and never go back to the person about them.

Slap your husband for me, that is your belly, not his! Maybe show his gut off to the world. My DH knows there are rules!! the only one he struggles with is touching my belly button, I hate that feeling!!

Nae Nae, you made me laugh, I know I didn't want a big pile of second hand things, maybe tell them it's an investment in future grandids as well, you don't want second hand stuff for your first if your planning to have a couple more!!

And maybe that yes back in your day you didn't have luxuires like seat belts, and car seats, and how did that work for their generation. I'm pretty sure car seats wern't mandatory until the late 70's early 80s. The same safty advances have been made in other areas. does your mil have any regalling stories about how the children got their head stuck between the cot bars?

Rooey, don't you know all babies are manipulative, they are all born as evil genieses that become dumber once they start talking so we don't catch on. Until then we all fall into their evil little plan. They make us carry them around, feed them, change them, and love them while all the while they are like stewy on family guy, plotting against us.

Arghhhhhh I've found finally that I can eat soup without upchucking. Yay. Now if only I wasn't getting reflux from the tinned soup. *sighs* And my maxalon is out-of-date, so when I see the doc on Monday I'll be getting a script.

Quote Originally Posted by ttcanxiety View Post
    wtf gives ppl the right to say "was it planned?" omg wtf so so so many ppl have said taht to me and im like yes it was planned but too bad if it wasnt and you've just shamed the hell out of me?
    I get the reverse. Everyone just assumes it WAS planned because, you know, having two about 2 years apart is so nice and stuff, and having two girls of course I'd be wanting a boy to balance that out. But we physically don't have space for a 3rd child in the car OR the house!

Quote Originally Posted by kungfubecca View Post
    Linzy - baby seats should pretty mch never be second hand, it's extreemly dangerous, as you don't know if they will still survive a crash. it may have been in a crash already, or may have been subjected to other elements effecting the strength. I have been offered so many things and I just smile & nod, and never go back to the person about them.
    Carseats are one of the things I have to rant about modern baby stuff. I've had two older secondhand ones stashed in the cupboard for years (one was new when I bought it, ten years ago) and they won't fit together in my car - and these are older, smaller ones - new ones are just so MASSIVE! And places that sell them won't let you take them out to your car to try them before you buy them, you have to buy them, see if they fit, and hope they'll give you a refund 5 minutes later if they don't, which we're not willing to risk. What if we put in a little scratch trying to jam them in there?

We've basically just given up and bought a 10yo capsule that predates the ridiculous padding that is on modern seats and fits with about 1mm to spare, as long as you don't try and put the front passenger seat back to get legroom. I don't have the money for a new car or $600+ worth of baby seats, so you just do what you gotta do. It'll get us from the hospital to home and that's all that matters. After that, we have a sling.

Since then we've actually found a shop with a decent range of seats that will *shock, horror* actually let you try before you buy, so we might find two seats that fit next to each other there. Otherwise, secondhand, dangerous and possibly illegal wins unless someone gives us a bigger car or a big wad of cash for car seats - and a pointer to shops that actually sell small seats.

I suppose I'm going to have the same thing with prams at some point. Sling + pram is just going to have to do, a double pram isn't an option. My house is very small, I simply don't have the room and I'm not leaving a pram parked outside in the weather.

I can't see us travelling much after this baby arrives. We used to go on regular 200km trips to visit various parents/grandparents (only one set ever visits us regularly) but we have everything we need here within walking distance, packing 3 kids into a small car to stay in makeshift accommodation or all in the same spare room while having our routines disrupted sounds like my idea of torture (and doing it with 2 kids has always resulted in major sleep deprivation all around), so if rellies want to see the kiddies, they can visit us.

</rant>

our main baby shop here, is only too happy to try seats in your car, afriend of mine was with them juggling seats for quite some time one day, trying to find the right combination to fit #3 bubs in.
    It wouldn't surprise me if the big chain stores won't do it for you, but the smaller ones I would have thought should be helpfull.

Quote Originally Posted by kungfubecca View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if the big chain stores won't do it for you, but the smaller ones I would have thought should be helpfull.
    Yup. Target/kmart/bigW etc won't, this store that will is quite a small one. We're in a small town in the country (with no baby shop at all) so on a trip to the big smoke we don't really have the time to visit every single baby place to check things out, we like to go to the big stores and get everything we need at once. Its amazing how long it takes to go between places in the city, especially if you have only one day to shop in and have to work around small children.

The nice store we just stumbled across while we were in another town looking for something completely different

Quote Originally Posted by sportychick View Post
    Ok, here's my vent. I have that M/S makes being on BellyBelly for more than 1/2 hour at a time unbearable. All the scrolling makes me feel sooo nauseous (sp? preg brain bad today) that I have to stop!!!
    OMG....I know you wrote this yonks ago but i was curious about this thread and thought I would take a look.......when i was UTD with DS#1...I had the same problem! Also the smell of the computer as it was fairly new made me green!

I thought I was the only one.

xxxx

Default VENT!

Here's my vent...

I'm sick of being pregnant!!! I'm sick of period-pain, back pain, false labour, pre-labour, and what appears to be labour beginning only to have it stop!

I'm over the heartburn, the already lack of sleep, and I swear to GOD the next person who says to me "enjoy your time alone while you can", "get your rest now, while you have the chance" or "try not to think about it, baby will come when she's ready" I'm going to murder them!!!

You try NOT THINKING ABOUT IT when you have a bump the size of an overgrown basketball in the middle of your body, feet on the right side of your ribs, bum on the left side of your ribs and a head in your damn pelvis!

Try not thinking about it when you can't lay down because of heartburn, when you have cravings so intense that they're painful, and when you're constantly hungry but there is never enough to eat.

Try not thinking about it when every second day, you get more and more signs that labour will start "soon" only on the 3rd day to have the whole damn lot disappear!!!

And as for "enjoying it while I can"... what do you want me to enjoy? Sitting around, alone, all day every day because I have no friends and no money? Being in constant pain? Being so emotional and over it that I'm in tears at least twice a day?

I want my baby out of my belly and in my arms where I can start getting to know here. Where I can look into her gorgeous eyes and know that she'll never love anyone the way that she'll love me. Knowing that I have supported her for the last 9 months, and that I'll continue to be her support through breastfeeding for the next however many months.

I want my baby girl IN MY ARMS and not in my belly anymore!!!!!

Wow, this thread rocks!

Hi, just randomly looking and had to post, I simpathize with you all, it is only now I think back about how wonderful it all was (for me so long awaited) and remember some one telling me the best time is when they are in your belly as it is the only time you know exactly where they are/can control them lol if you know what I mean. It only gets 'more' of everything after they are born, good luck, fingers crossed I can't wait to be in your position again sometime in the near future xxx

So this has got to be the best thread ever - why on earth have I not found it sooner!?!?!?!

Okay, I apologise 'cause this is going to be long, let's start at the beginning...

When #3 is only 15mths old I realise that although I am on the pill I am pg, again! DH is shall we say, less than impressed, we work out #3 will be nearly 2 when this one is born and decide to panic less, not such a bad gap after all.

Then the fun begins, ms (ALL DAY) for 12 weeks, lost 8kg, but not feeling good about that just feeling nauseous ALL the time. Had a scan and I think it's a girl based on heartrate and I confess I am disappointed, we have two older girls and one little boy and being mildly ocd I liked the idea of two and two.

I am not even half way but I have 'popped' and look so fat, ppl will be wondering if I am fat or pg and soon probably asking when I am due - I hate saying Dec and having ppl look at me and say "Oh I thought it'd be in a few weeks, are you sure it's not twins in there!" - happened that way with DD2

Aside from all the pg BS, in April (mth of conception) DH is having a melt down whilst we are on holiday, talking divorce and wanting to leave me with the kids and drive or rather fly home, how considerate of him to want to leave me the car?!?!?

Then we get home to find the house has been broken in to... Oh dear, this leads DH down his path of depression and he is soon needing 3 wks off work, one of which he doesn't get paid for! - OUCH! At least during this time DH works out that he is sorry for taking all his anxiety and sh*t out on me!

A week after we have returned home we realise the spare car key is missing after an attempted theft in the early am hours. I empty out the car all morning (cd's, dvd's, kids toys etc) then stop to get lunch ready for the family, I think I hear the car and run to the door with the little man in my arms just in time to see the car rolling out the drive with the door open and the door hitting the carport pillar and turning inside out! AHHH! I run to the car and realise it won't stop before rolling onto the road, I jump in whilst it's on the road and pull the hand brake, little man is screaming so I go get him, put him in his seat - luckily the keys were in my pocket from cleaning out the car so I start it and pull back into our drive, then get out DS and we go inside to call the police.

After all this the police say they know who did it, great right? BUT nothing happens, we are still out of pocket for the contents insurance excess and the car excess (which was heaps!) and the car insurance company refused to pay for the key locks! they okayed $7000 of repairs but wouldn't change the key locks, they basically said the key can't be taken out when the car is in reverse (I said they must've taken the key when they realised they were going to break the door and ran) but when I was proved right they still wouldn't pay! So the lease company paid for the key locks and we now have to support their claim to state the insurance company unlawfully denied a claim (the insurance broker said the insurance company could not support their refusal with any of their policy) incidentally the key locks they refused to pay for came to about $900, they were also told the suspect was not in custody and still in town. They were prepared to cover the vehicle if stolen with the key ie. risk $63k over a $900 job????

Meanwhile DH goes back to work, first day - the MOTHER (an EA @ school) of the teenager accused of breaking into our house and stealing our car walks into my hubby's classroom for something and DH notices her new bag - OUR BABYBAG!!! He is not in a good mood at lunchtime...

Needless to say DH has decided he will leave this town after this year which is the end of his contract, however he neglected to mention this to me and put in his preferences (last I heard he wanted to stay), we still can't afford to move back to the city (not until the car is paid off in 2 more years) but he put in all the country placements without discussing it!!!! And we already moved in 2009 with a 10 day old baby and spent 7 nights in a sh*tty pub room while the house was 'getting ready' - still a hole when we moved in - now I have to do it again!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Already I can't imagine how this birth is going to work, here's the problems,

I want a hb - I have had two cs and an easy vba2c
    I can't get an IM up here
    The hospital is 100km away, if I go too early I will get harrassed to have a cs, if I go too late DH might be catching bub in the red dirt on the side of the road as the 54m road trains go by!
    We can't afford a rental in Perth and as yet a housesit hasn't come up (hoping to get an IM in Perth over the hols)
    I really want my girls with me for this birth (it would mean so much to them) and I can't leave my little man, he is still a booby boy!

Even if we get an early uplift and move into a 'ready' house before Xmas (highly highly unlikely) if it's not Busselton where the south west IM's will attend or close to the city that won't help anyway???

So, I think that's all for now (really it should be!)

Thanks for a great thread

Sarah

This post is the best!! Lol. After reading most of the posts - which took quite a long time, I have realised that hey - toughen up princess I have it easy compared to some of you!!
    I take my hat off to every woman who does this cause lets face it - growing a sweet innocent bundle of sweetness, that we all know is going to turn into a walking talking pooping snot machine (for a while anyways) isnt as easy as what people make it out to be!!
    So far I have 4 children who have turned my once peaceful life into disorganised chaos (but I seriously wouldnt be without them), and onto another pregnancy that is going to change my disorganised choas into - well lets face it - downright out of control chaos, especially when there is a threat of it being twins. EEEEK!!!
    So now to vent. Ok well my first 4 pregnancies were boring. Like seriously boring. No morning sickness, no tiredness, no nothing. This time however, ugh I can now see what all the outrage is about with this morning sickness. I couldnt understand it before and thought - nah surely its not that bad!! Hahaha how seriously deluded was I?? Ok so I have spent time worshipping the porcalin throne but all day nauseasness?? Omg - Yep over it!! And well yes we all feel tired when pregnant - Lol Id say a little tired is an understatement. I could give a bear in hibernation a run for his money if I was able to sleep that long!! Arrg and where did all my energy go?? Oh and now we cant forget the pee. Boy and am I peeing like a trooper (sorry for the tmi). Seriously Im sure I didnt drink and eat that much in one day. Did I??
    And poor hubby - lets say he has had better times doing the dance. Its a matter of - touch me and your life wont be worth living. Lol!!
    And then theres the general aches and pains that we all feel at some stage.
    But aside from feeling like Ive had a lorry drive and reverse over me 100 times Id say im feeling pretty good.
    So to all you wonderful ladies out there who are pregnant, delivered or about to concieve congrats to you all, and may you find this post something you can smile and relate to that makes your day and gives you the realisation that your not in this alone!!
    Enjoy all!!

Wow, did I need to read this post! I'm only 5 weeks pregnant with my second and the nausea and MS is flooring me. For some deluded reason I thought it was suppose to be better with your second. Eek!

At least with my first I could throw up in the morning and get on with my day (although it was a bit tricky running down five flights of stairs, dodging students at work to chuck up! A few near misses I can tell you! ha ha) but now...it's all day. Night times are ok but pretty sleepless.

I'm only working 3 days a week now but if you're trying to keep your pregnancy quiet, it's really hard to hide it at work with all day nausea. I'm going to have to tell them why I'm leaving the room so often. They've probably worked it out by now anyway. I am lucky to be able to do a bit of work from home though but I really feel for everyone going through this right now too. At least it doesn't last forever hey!

I'm so happy and grateful to be pregnant again, but like with everything there are tricky bits to get through and some days it's just really hard to not want to vent a bit. My little 3 year old is so upset when I'm sick in the mornings that I've explained to her about a baby being in mummy's tummy and now I hope she just doesn't associate it with 'sickness'. I want her to be excited about it. I think I should have thought ahead of a better explanation until I'm less sick. Oh well. I'm sure she'll understand eventually. ;-)

Cheers and thanks for sharing and making me feel very human.

im so over M/S and the worst heart burn ever. No matter wat i eat i get heart burn like 5 min later and i am constantly doing little acid spews in my mouth all day. Oh and dont even mention tryin to sleep of a night because if it isnt the heart burn it is the aching hips or crazy baby kicking all night.
    at my last appt (31weeks) bub was already 4/5 engaged and i feel so low and pressure already.
    Oh and the constant just crying for no reason (other then feeling like cr ap)
    Sorry had to get that out.

Sassy I know how you feel i had that as well. It has just stopped in the last week although i still will have a bad day. I had never had heartburn with any of the other kids. Hope you feel better soon. Also just a pre warning don't get too excited about going early cause if you look at me i am a prime example. Ihad a show at 32 weeks, and then more of them over the next few weeks after that, so all together i have had about 5 I think. I was having great BH for about a week at 38 weeks and then since then I have had NOTHING!!!! I am due today and I don't feel anything other then a head in my pelvis!!!! I feel really really low like his head could just pop out any mminute but other then that NOTHING!!!! Just don't want you to get your hopes up like me and be dissapointed. I have not been over due since my first bubs almost 7 years ago!!!!!! This baby is a little lazy bundle who is obviously comfortable!!!

Take care and talk soon

Oh how I love this thead!

Well, for me I am totally over being pg. I was by the time I was about 25wks pg!! But now, I have pretty bad pain in my back and pelvis. I can't stand without having to prepare myself for the shooting pains down my leg and ache in my pelvis. Plus I am just HUGE. I have never been so big in my life. My feet are sweeling like no tomorrow, which is making them and my calves ache. I am getting cramps in my tummy muscles when I lay down and try to move. I can't sleep, I wake up every time I need to roll over. I'm just not comfy sleeping on my sides anymore, my hips and shoulders ache, so I'm rolling over every hour or so, meaning I wake every hour or so. The baby is nestled into my bladder and cervix and many mnay times a day reminds me that he is in there, particularlyif I need to wee. Or maybe it's him and his headbutting which makes me need to wee. His butt is in my ribs. I am a fairly short person and have a short torso, so carrying around an Amazonian sized baby is not good for my health. Everyone is telling me I look like I'm carrying twins. I can assure you there's only one in there, but with a 6foot, 100kg lump for a husband, it's inevitable that my babies will be fairly large. My last was 4.2kg, and thankyou for letting me know that every woman and her dog's children only got larger the more babies they had, no really I appreciate the thought that this baby is going to be of gargantuan proportions. Then there's the heart burn. And hiccups. Mine, not the babys. Though his can be rather annoying when it's the fifth time for the day and it is 3am. I am living off anti acids. I gag everytime I eat one or drink the liquid ones, but I can't survive without them!!! I'm spending a small fortune on them. And now to top it off for the past few weeks my tummy has alot to say about it all. It gurgles and bubbles and makes the most horrible noises at the most inopportune times. Plus that comes with gastro. Noice. So not what I need to have at only 33wks pg. It has me running for the loo every few days all day, and then nothing and I falsley think it's gone, and then WHAM! It comes back for a day or two, then goes....I'm sure you get the picture. This feels like the longest pregnancy in history!
    Oh my lord how I do not enjoy being pregnant! I don't want to sound unappreciative and I have been trying to see the good things. This is my last pg and I'm trying to remember the enjoyable bits, but they are getting less and less by the day! I just want to have my little man in my arms....waiting waiting waiting...hiccup.

I'm sick of having to pee 20 times a day and 5 times a night.

That's all.

Dear Penguin,

Yes I know it's boring in there with nothing much to look at. But please please please for the love of sanity (mine!) could you refrain from sleeping all day while I'm busy then waking up and jumping on my bladder all night?

Love Mum.

Dear body,

You should be used to these pregnancy hormones by now. There really is no need for you to be still throwing up random items of food that I try to feed you with no apparent reason or trigger.

Regards, Me.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast