Thread: Size during pregnancy

Default Size during pregnancy

Just wondering if anyone else feels a little bit weird about some of the comments they get during pregnancy about their size or shape?

When I was pregnant with DS, I carried him quite high and tucked in so my belly did not stick out a lot. I put on a total of 12kgs during my pregnancy and he was a normal size (3.5kgs) when he was born.

With this baby, I am only 6 months along and my belly is already the same size now as I was at the end of my pregnancy with DS, despite the fact that I have only put on 5kgs so far. I have had a few comments like "gee you must not have long to go" or "you look really pregnant" and they seem quite shocked when I say I still have another three months to go.

I am of average height and weight and I don't think I look "huge". The OB says I am healthy and fine and bubs is normal, and I am not having twins. Has anyone else experienced similar situations with their second pregnancies?

My belly was smaller the second time round (and coincidentally she was a smaller bub) even though I gained the most weight with that pg than I did with my other 3 so I never really got the comments second time round. You know what is really silly about it all though, depending on the person you talk too - you are still either too big or too small LMAO.

yes Buffykaz I have stuck out earlier with each pregnancy - not so much maybe with the third cause my stomach already stuck out with fat but if you compared my stomach with Nicole Kidmans for example (and she is only a few weeks in front) I am noticeabley pregnant to anyone and everyone now even with a loose shirt yet I struggled to find her baby bump on this mornings tv. My stomach muscles have never trengthened to the level they were prior to the first pregnancy and thus why I think I stick out earlier each time. Doesn't happen to everyone but certainly did me - and yes I do get the comments - especially between about wk 12 and wk 20 when I'm sticking out and I'm not even half way there yet.

Well this is my first bub, and I'm showing, I stick out majorly, and at almost 12 weeks pregnant people were telling me i looked 20 weeks!!!! But now I haven't grown much since 12 weeks, and I'm being told I better be careful and make sure bub is ok because I'm not getting bigger

Honestly, if your bub is fine and your Ob is happy then IGNORE! I started getting worried I was going to have the worlds biggest bub at 12 weeks (lots of people told me so ) and then now I am worrying if the baby is ok! Even though I can feel kicks and all that! Everyone thinks they're an expert

Anyway, thats my vent! I do feel weird, especially since its no one elses business!!!!!!

I get the huge comments quite often, but I don't think that I am, even the Ob I saw last visit thought I was not showing much for my weeks.

Reminds me of a comment that I got from a checkout operator last pregnancy. "Oh, in my culture if you are pointy you are having a boy, if you are wide you are having a girl, but you're both pointy and wide!" Gee, made me feel great - not!

"Oh, in my culture if you are pointy you are having a boy, if you are wide you are having a girl, but you're both pointy and wide!"
    How cheeky! Obviously comeone who HASN'T been pregnant LOL! I saw someone the other day who I hadn't seen since before getting pregnant, and she said "OH, you just look fat not pregnant!!!"... Nice, thats EXACTLY what I want to hear, thanks!