Thread: stretch mark prevention??

wannabemumma Guest

Exclamation stretch mark prevention??

Hi,

8 weeks pregnant and just trying to decide what to rub on my tummy to prevent stretchmarks. Was thinking about rosehip oil or Bio Oil. If anyone has used these products I'd love to know your experiences! or any info on other stretch mark prevention products that have worked would be great.

Thanks!!

I used Bio-Oil mixed with Palmers Cocoa Butter all through my pregnancy and I didnt get any stretch marks during the pg - I got a few afterwards though, but am still using the Bio Oil and cream now and they are slowly fading. Im sure they would be worse if I hadnt of used anything. Some people dont like using bio-oil during pg because it has Vitamin A in it so Rosehip would be good too - I used Rosehip oil on a scar on my head (walked through a glass door )and my scar has almost disappeared.
    HtH!

I'm using Palmers Cocoa range as well and so far no stretch marks... still about 8 weeks to go though
    I really believe that there isn't much of a prevention, only reduces them as if you're going to get them i think you'll get them regardless of what you do!

I use sweet almond oil with a few drops of mandarin essential oil mixed in. It's lovely and smells great but I really don't think you can actually prevent strech marks. If they are going to arrive they will. I didn't get any with DS and so far so good with this bub.

karablue Guest

My belief is that if you are going to get them you are. I never used anything. I got them in my first pregnancy (it was after 30 weeks) and with only 3 weeks to go so far I haven't got any but then I'm a lot smaller this time. I know of countless people who spent a fortune on creams to prevent stretchmarks and still got stacks. I also know of others who didn't use anything and didn't get them. They fade with time anyway and look what you get to show for them
    Good luck with not getting any - you might be one of the lucky ones.

wannabemumma Guest

Default thanks

Thanks a lot for the replies. My Mum didn't get any stretch marks during her pregnancies so I am crossing my fingers it's hereditary! but will try using one of the oils anyway for safe measure

I used Palmers Cocoa Butter all through my pregnancy and stretch marks started to show at 32wks and just kept getting worse.

My sister never used anything and has no stretch marks after 2 pregnancy's.

My mum also didnt use anything and only got stretch mark when she was pregnant with #4.

I think if your going to get them then you really cant stop it from happening, only help the fading process along afterwards. (im too lazy!!)

I used everything imaginable and i got heaps so i don't reckon they do stop them. if you're going to get them, then you will.

I used Bio-oil, interspersed with olive oil and baby oil (when I ran out of Bio-oil and didn't replace it for a few days). I didn't get any stretchmarks during my pregnancy. Got a few after DD was born, but used Bio-oil on these and they disappreared within about 2 weeks.