Thread: Is there anyone out there doing this on their own?

Default Is there anyone out there doing this on their own?

Hey Girls.

I was just wondering if there is any one who is going through their pregnancy without a partner. DP & I are in the process of breaking up and I was just wondering how other people coped with doing it alone?

Thanks.

Lea

My thoughts are with you. While my DP and I are staying together and hopefully getting married after the little one arrives, we came close to calling it quits. Pg hormones I don't think help with coping with relationship difficulties.

Good luck doing it on your own. Will your ex-DP still be around to keep in touch with his child? Do you have family who can help that are nearby? I'm sure you'll get plenty of support on BB as well!

DP definately wants to be around for his child. The worst thing is that we both still love each other and I don't think either of us wants it to end. There's just so much other stuff happening ATM. I keep hoping that this time we're taking apart will eventuate in us being together but I don't want to get my hopes up. My heart feels like it's been ripped out of my chest and I can't do anything without crying LOL.

I've never experienced such a painful break up before. Maybe I'm just extra emotional with the pregnancy and all?!? I think this is something that only time is going to heal but I'm not sure I can handle feeling this way and being this emtional for much longer. The sad thing is - it's only been a day LOL!?!?

And yes I have a wonderfully supportive family and close friends that will be able to help me through this. I wish I could just sleep :sleeping: away the next few weeks. And it all had to happen right before Christmas...

kerry Guest

Lea,

XP and I are currently friends and working on a reconciliation (but not getting my hopes up) however I have been on my own in part since 10w and completely since 14w pregnant.

As Jennifer13 said pg hormones play havoc on any relationship, but especailly a bumpy one will suffer.

It is hard doing it alone but you can do it. I have a great family who have been very supportive and my XP has been pulling out the stops to help me where he can (and try to win me back). I have a few health issues and my X has been coming over once a week to do housework and stuff for me for about a month.

I have a huge post in the Relationships thread about the whole drama if you are interested, its called "My Own Personal Soapie". I started it as a a form of therapy because I had so much stuff I just needed to vent and it really helped me deal with a lot of things.

Please ask me anything you want and if you need to chat one on one I will pm you my email. If you are not a platinum member you wont be able to email me back but please feel free to email.

Wishing you all the best for whatever outcome you have with your relationship and know that the girls here are the most amazing support you could have, they have kept me sane and intact as a person when at times I have just been ready to crumble.

Good luck for a healthy, happy and safe pregnancy.

Hi Kerry

Thanks so much for your reply. I realize the situations are different but it's been so nice to hear your thoughts and feel more supported from someone going through something similar.

I can't imagine it getting any easier and I'm glad that I have such a supportive family to help me through. Like I said in the other post it was reading your "drama" that made me post my own and I'm so glad that I did.

I am a platinum member and will return your PM the minute I have a chance. There are alot of things I think I'd like to talk to you about but right now it's 6 o'clock and I think it's time I left for the day!!

Thanks so much!

kerry Guest

Lea your welcome...and believe me it does get easier... especially as the homone issues settle a bit and you start planning things for you and the baby.

PM any time you want or need.