Thread: what can I use for back pain

Default what can I use for back pain

I have reasonable bad middle/upper back pain when I am sitting, or have been sitting fo any length of time.
    Im doing antenatal aqua classes twice a week, and pilates once a week.
    Ive seen an osteo and physio but the relief only lasts until I've been sitting for half an hour or so and then its back.

Are any of those gel pain relief things safe to have when you are pregnant? volatren, deep heat, that sort of thing.

Ive tried a heat pack but its really not doing a lot.

Maybe a chiropractor? I've noticed a few pregnant ladies at the place i go, apart from that im not sure =(

Thanks
    nah cant do chiro. osteo and physio are enough but they only provide really temoprary relief.
    Im about to take panadol but i dont htink thats strong enough, might have to see whether mersyndol is OK

aaww good luck, hope it helps!!

I don't know if those gels are safe to use, I would definitely ask at your chemist first before trying them. Do you have a heat pack? I find mine gives me great relief.

My chiro actually said to use an ice pack because it will help bring down inflammation, so that might be a good alternative to using the gels?

You poor love, heartburn and a backache!

hi,
    have you tried acupuncture? obviously they have to be careful, but it works!
    If you have a place known and trusted, I would certainly go there.

good luck

Can't use voltarin in pregnancy babe - but mersyndol day strength is fine. Anything with codeine in it is ok.

heat pack, panadol & rest! SORRY!

Do not put any rub in gels! I asked this at the chemist (for voltaren rub in) and they said big no no!
    HUGS

thanks everyone! I went to the chemist and got day strength mersyndol. she wanted me to have a herbalthing but it had rosemary in it, which im unsure about, esp. with the TCM herbs that I am taking.

titti I am haveing accupuncture but not for the back pain specifically so I will ask next week when I go there.

Trillian I feel terrible, because it sounds like everythings wrong when I write it all down but comparitively Im having a pretty easy time of it compared to most people I know.

just a thought - is the back pain related to the heartburn or vice verse? i know if my back is out i get shocking heartburn - even through the meds i'm on. visit to the chiro is the only thing that fixes it

i agree with the ice comment - it might not be comfy but it might help to reduce any inflammation if your back is flaring up due to the bubble you're carrying out front...

i've had some dramas with my back during the pg and was suggested i use ice moreso than heat - hopefully the mersyndol will help...

Can't use any of the gels or heat creams!

My obstetrician told me to use Arnica cream - get it at the chemist, perfectly safe during pregnancy and it has helped me heaps with back pain!

Hope you feel better soon..