Thread: What to expect at first Obstetrician visit?

Question What to expect at first Obstetrician visit?

Hi everyone

I have my very first obstetrician appointment tomorrow and have no idea what to expect. Feeling a bit nervous but excited. I'll be seeing a private ob and I'm 10 weeks along.

Hopefully some of you will be able to fill me in with some info on what I should expect tomorrow?! Thanks

Same as Kim88 only I had some blood and urine tests ordered (routine checks) got weighed, checked blood pressure, ob felt my abdomin and booked my hospital for the birth. I didn't have the internal u/s at the ob's my ob ordered it and I went to an ultrasonographer for a date scan to confirm EDD and check for heartbeat etc.
    My dh came along with me.

Thanks Kim and Tiff Guess I will find out tomorrow! I feel like I should be going in with a list of questions, but I really can't think of any!

How did you go Lyn??

I've never had an internal ultra sound. I've always had a dating ultrasound before 12 weeks, but a normal one. Checked blood pressure, weight, bub's heart beat, urine, order bloods & u/s, work out EDD, talk about symptoms & discuss hospitals. Maybe do fundal height - measure size of uterus if far enough along.

This is how it went for me anyway. How did u go?

Tiff & BJ - it went very well! I love my OB. She has the best sense of humour. She started off by saying well done on getting pregnant! And then went on to stress how pregnancy is a completely normal life event, which gave me the feeling she is all for natural normal events to happen

But basically as you guys said, just went through my medical history and I talked to her about my endo and how my tubes are supposedly blocked from it, but not anymore! Had to give a pee sample and go and do a blood test. She didn't do a scan because I already had the previous two scans from 5 weeks and 8 weeks which had all my dates on them. My next scan is Saturday week (at about 12 weeks) for the NT test. She gave me a brochure on eating in pregnancy. My next appt is in 4 weeks time. That's about it.

I really like her, she explains everything well and just made us laugh the whole time. I didn't really have any questions for her though but I feel like I should have so I think I will write some down for next time.