Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What special memories do you have from when you first discovered your pregnancy?

Sushee I cried reading that too...

Hmm with Maddy I remember being in bali & buying a test there, they let me read the instructions (in Indonesian) & I only half understood so i went & pee'd dipped & waited, I cant recall now what it was so I carried my test back to the Chemist & the guy gave me thumbs up & smiled!! I smiled back & wlaked away wondering if it was a thumbs up yay your preg or a thumbs up, Yay your not preg!?

So I called my friend & asked her top express post me an Australian test! Which arrived in 4 days time, so with my best mate (he is Balinese & my best mate ever) I pee'd & tested & yep I was preg then I realised I hadnt had a period since arriving in Dec & it was now early April.... So doh (too much partying so we Celebrated with a beer) Ok I know now that's not a good thing but I was young & not totally comprehending this whole preg/mummy thing! I told my then partner who disappeared soon after! Hee hee (maybe it wasnt a great memory.... lol)

With Indah we had just lost a much wanted & long time tried for baby the previous month & were heading off to make sure I didnt need a D&C, when I was told it was all clear except a little patch, the sonographer held my hand during the whole process & squeezed it & said I have a feeling we will see you back here soon, well my preg symptoms never went away & lo & behold about 4ish wks later I POAS & it was +!!

Dh & I both celebrtaed secretly as we didnt wnat to tell anyone yet, but next morning we were blabbing!!!

This time I was being pestered by Danni to test even though my chart was far from looking good, I had been ill & so had Indah so there was NO chance of being preg... But I relented & bought a test, I whispered to Dh I am gonna go P on this, (his parents were visiting from Bali) & he siad you may as well give it to me to P on! As we were amid on going conversations of me wnating more & him saying his dream bike was his next mission & that we cant afford, have room & many others excuses for not wnating anymore!!!
    So I dipped & hopped in the shower telling myself to not look til I was out of the shower, but I wiped the steamy window & instantly saw 2 lines & my heart skipped a beat, then sunk, then I had a better look & yep 2 lines... I then burst into tears thinking OMG I'm having another baby, OMG I have to give birth again, OMG we are having another baby!!!!! From laughing & hugging & rubbing my belly to OMG I've gotta push a baby out again!!! hee hee

I then dried myself & stood there smiling at the test!!! I called Dh to come into the bathroom, I waved it at him & said were pregnant again we are having another baby, he grinned from ear to ear & said "Congratulations mate!"
    I must have looked at him dumbfoundedly coz he shook my hand & kissed me on the cheek & walked away... I later got him alone & asked if he was angry, annoyed or something & he laughed & hugged me & said no, not at all, this is what the gods have given us, it's our destiny & I am very happy!!!

A week after his parents left a brand New Black Harley davidson drove up our driveway & she lives with us now!!! hee hee hee

I have said a 4th would be4 nice, he just smiled back!!!????

I'll never forget the look on DH's face when we got the call from the Fertility Clinic telling us that we were pregnant. After 18 months of trying we were both so excited that we could hardly speak. We both waited together all day for that one call which changed our lives forever!

I got up early on the Queen's Birthday Public Holiday and went to pee on the stick while DH was still asleep in bed. The test started turning positive in a few seconds but I waited the full 5 minutes just to be sure - then crawled back in bed - woke DH and gave him the good news. We laid in bed for awhile enjoying the moment then got up and went to the gym as we had originally planned. On the way home we discussed when we would start telling people and decided we couldn't keep the secret. So we called DH's mum first, then told DH's father (we live with him) then I called my dad, my mum, and a good friend in the states before it got too late there. Later that day we called our pastor and his wife, DH's sister and DH's brother and I will NEVER forget listening to my SIL just scream for about 2 minutes straight before bursting into tears. Nor will I forget calling my brother and listening to him say "No way" over and over again and then tell me that he had a big huge grin on his face. A couple of days later I came down with a cold so took a day off work and spent the day on the lounge in my pj's ringing all my friends in America to give them the news! Thank goodness for cheap phone cards!

I tested at about 7am on a Saturday on Aaron's insistence, the line was really faint & we couldn't decide if it was really there. So off I wen to mum's house (next door) to see what she thought. She opened the door & I said to her I have to ask you something.... I showed her the test & said can you see that 2nd line there? Her eyes welled up & I figured that it was a yes We then proceeded to wake up the hole house, my dad was thrilled, my younger sister burst into tears & hugged me saying "OMG I'm going to be an aunty" and my younger brother (18 at the time) just said "eeeew you peed on that" and rolled over LOL! I called my older sister & she screamed then burst into tears LOL!

When I found out we were expecting Elyse, we had been trying for about 14 months. It was a long and emotionally trying time, as I'm sure some of you have experienced. I had irregular cycles, and I wasn't temping or anything, (didn't know a whole lot about my body at all, really.) so I never knew whether I was late or just having a longer cycle. There were a lot of BFN's and tears. After a week or so of feeling just a little different, I decided to try one more test. DH was at work so I was alone when I did it, and I just about passed out at the positive result! I couldn't believe it. I wanted to call DH, but didn't really want to tell him over the phone, plus he was working with his dad, and I wanted to tell him alone. So I walked up-town and bought a soother (dummy?) and wrapped it up for him. When he got home, I brought it to him at the door. He said "Oh, you found my wedding ring!" and I said, "No, open it." (wedding ring turned up later, for those who were worried. ) He opened it and looked at it for a minute and looked at me, and said "Are you pregnant!?" And he cried. He thought it was never going to happen for us, and he was so happy. (Like Sushee's husband, he is 6'4", huge guy, not very emotional, normally.) It's a great memory for us.

Kirsty77 Guest

We'd been TTC for ages and I had finished my second cycle of clomid and I remember Corey and I were both their for the test, It didn't come up straight away, so I walked away to dispose of the pee cup and when I walked back into the room Corey was standing their with the test with tears in his eyes saying 'baby your pregnant!' I could not believe it and nether could he. The fact that he just grabbed me and hugged me while we both sobbed made it so special. I never thought he;'d cry over it, makes you realise how emotional ttc is for them too.

ohh what lovely stories!!!
    Finding out was a little bit of a surprise, but i was over the moon! I took like 5 test (which all said positive) before it sunk in!
    My most special moment - apart from seeing her on all the ultrasounds, and hearing her heartbeat at every appoint! It would have to be my mum comming home with all this shopping and most of it was for blob... She'z got so excitied over the last few months and has been my tower of strenth~ It has been amazing!

You all have such wonderful stories....getting all teary-eyed, so I'd better visit another thread now!

Sushee - what a beautiful story, I can understand why you burst into tears!

After TTC for nearly 6 mths, AF was about 5 days late. I went to the supermarket to buy a test kit and hopefully not run into anyone I know. I went to the spot and there was a man looking at the cold and flu stuff right next to the kits. I fluffed around the area for ages until he finally left. Snuck the kit under a magazine and quickly gave it to the girl. Raced home (DH wasn't home yet), did the test and it was double lines almost immediately! I had to wait the prescribed time and I just watched it, sitting on the floor. My heart was racing and I couldn't wait for DH to come home. He rang to say he would be a little late - typical when you've got good news they are late! He came home and I was fumbling my words and a bit flustered. I went to our bedroom, made him sit on the bed and close his eyes (I bet he was thinking something else was going to happen LOL!!) and handed him the test. He opened and looked at it a bit strange then looked up with tears in his eyes "Is this what I think it is" and I said yes! He jumped up from the bed, picked me up, swung me around, in tears saying "we are going to have a baby". We were both over the moon.

To this day, the test stick is in Chelseas special memories book - DH wouldn't let me throw it out!!!!!

Girls, your stories are all great and I'm teary and so looking forward to TTC#2! Sushee, yours particularly touched my heart, as did yours Sarah. Esp since I know you guys had quite a road to get there.

Having said that, I feel a bit guilty for our average finding out day! I had a 'feeling' and a couple of dreams and AF was three days late (I made myself wait the extra couple of days, but I think I knew). I walked down to the chemist while DP was at work, bought one test (I was sure I wouldn't need a second) and went home and took it. I left it for the 5 mins without peeking and when I saw it I cried out and started shaking! I decided to wait to tell DP when he got home (we weren't trying, so this was going to be a shock) and wouldn't you know it, he calls to ask if it's okay if a couple of his mates come over for dinner and to watch something on TV that night. Timing! They didn't leave until almost midnight and I was BUSTING to tell him. So he finally comes in and I told him to sit on the bed, I had something to tell him. He knew straight away (although he was in a bit of shock) and we started talking about what we would do now, etc, etc. He and his mates had been mucking around outside talking about how each of them would be the last to be married, settled (although we'd been living together for five years at this stage - who's he kidding?!), etc, so he thinks it's really ironic that he came in from that conversation to suddenly find out he was going to be a dad.

The stupid thing is, I didn't realise the test would still be okay that much later and I THREW IT OUT!! We never did another, and DP thought the GP would do one the next day when we went. GP says those HPT are reliable, didn't need to, gave me a referral to my ob and off we went. I'm sure DP was slightly doubtful right up until our 12 wk appt when we got to see Lucy on the screen. He says that was such a shock, to see her right away like that.

So I'm looking forward to something a bit more ceremonial for #2!

I remember doing 2 tests 2DPO with DF both coming back positive. We lay in bed together just giigling madly. The next morning we woke up, looked at each other and giggled some more, then did another test just to make sure we werent dreaming. That day was my little brothers wedding, we couldnt help it but we told everyone. My dad didnt know what to do, so he shook my hand and said congratulations, then said what am I doing and gave me a hug. I told my brothers (all six of them) when we were taking photos, instead of making them say "cheese" I said for them to say "I'm gonig to be an uncle" and they all just stood there dumbfounded!!!! It was such a good day. But I would have to say it was the intense connection that DF and I had that made it so special.
    Melissa

Oh gosh.... Sushee, my DP wants to know what you're doing making me cry early in the morning

With us, I think I had just started to get to the compulsive TCC stage (at only 3 months in!) and I had been charting for 2 months, and this was the first temping month. My temps went up when they should have gone down if I wasn't preggers, so I did a HPT the day after my due date (A Sunday). Which had a very, very faint second line on it after about 20 mins. DP said that means negative (like, what does he know?) and banned me from trying another HPT until 7 days past my "end of period". The next Sat I made brekky and threw up the coffee. While I was in the bathroom throwing up, I thought "why the heck not" and did another HPT which came back two solid, pink, bright lines in less than a minute. So I came out and told DP I was preggers and he didn't want to believe me. I made an appointment with my GP (actually got a locum that day) and I swear, the 3 days until my appointment were some of the longest of my life. I was very, very dissappointed - no more pee required. I think that if I were to do it again, I wouldn't take my POAS or my charts with me. Anyhows, he just gave me my EDD and a referral to an OB and that was the end of that. I told DP and he was very ... reserved (but happy). I don't think either of us wanted to get too happy in case something happened.

At 9 weeks we told my parents over the phone (they're in Brissie) and Dad cried, Mum just discussed if knitting or crocheting would be better (!) and we told DP's Dad the day after. That was the most hillarious part, that I'll never forget. We were in his nursing home, and DP just said - or blurted rather - "Karyn's Pregnant" and there was a horrid silence for about half an hour (even though were were talking about banalities like the weather). Then DP says "It was planned" and his Dad congratulated us.

At 12 weeks we told the rest of the family (still being cautious here!) and his sister was really, really upset that he hadn't told her ... but he'd told his table at dinner cause they all have alzheimers' and can't remember anyway!

I was still B/F my DD who was only 2&1/2 months old. DH and I has decided that we wanted to have two close together. We talked about it to my Doc who said that I could go off the mini pill, but there is a small chance that we could fall straight away, but more likely that it might take 2-3months, depending on how often DD is fed. She said if she is feeding every 2 hours, which I was it is more likely but not definate that it could take a few months. She said because your periods have not returned yet to do a test every month. After talking about it with DH, we decided to go off the mini pill straight away and were hoping that we would conceive on the 3-4 month of trying.

So on the first month I did a test, and it was negative. But as with DD I had this strange feeling that I was, so I tested again two days later, and got a very faint line, I still hadn't mentioned anything to DH, I decided that I would do another test in the morning and if I got the line I would tell him. Well the next morning it was there again. We were both very shocked but happy at the same time.
    So our little girl is going to have a little brother on 13 months younger
    Last edited by Meluchja; February 17th, 2007 at 02:51 PM.

My first BFP was after 9 months of TTC. I woke DH up and was crying too much to tell him. I just showed him the test and he said "thank God". When we told my SIL (over the phone as she's interstate) she was so excited she just screamed. My niece (then 15) asked her what was up and she said "Mel has the best news ever". Jess (niece) said "oh, did they win lotto?" and Max (SIL) said "no, better than that". I laughed and said, well maybe not better, but you know of course it is much better. Especially now I have the world's greatest 2yo!

Second time was a big shock. We were TTC but I was sure I wasn't as I had done a test prev and it was BFN. But DH insisted I do another as I was already showing and he was sure I was pg. I was so shocked when it was a BFP (and happy of course). It was the day before DS1's 1st birthday so we told everyone the next day.

BTW, Sushee, you made me bawl too. Just going to blow my nose now....

With Jackson we had been trying for 6 months, not that long in the scheme of things, but to us it felt like ages, and there was something wrong, and we would be childless the rest of our lives! When I got the two pink lines, I rang DH crying and I said "I have to two pink lines," it was bad reception, and he said, "you want me to pick you up some wine?" and I said "no, I have got two pink lines!" and he said "you already got some wine?" and I said "Chris, I am pregnant!" he couldn't believe it, he was so happy, he did add "you really shouldn't be drinking!"

I remember with my first pregnancy. We had an inkling we were pregnant but we bought a test and it sat in the car all day. We went for dinner with the inlaws at the beach that night and I can remember walking down to the beach myself to think about what a positive test would be like. and what changes it would kame in our life

At 9pm that night (1st dec 1998) we decided it was time lol. It was pos straight away. I have to say that the actual pos test wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be. more like ok what now but the time before we got our pos was special

Awww Sushee - that's so beautiful...you made this pregnant mummy cry too

My fondest memory is when i discovered i was pregnant with Ella, my eldest. It was a Sunday and AF was a few days late but i really did not expect to be preg. DH and i had agreed that we'd test that morn with FMU. I'd already expected a neg result so was crying as i POAS. Kept crying as i waited for the result and then with complete amazement saw a second line appear. I blinked through tears to see clearly then ran into our bedroom to where Paul was. I couldn't even speak, just put my hands up to my mouth and kind of squealed. He jumps up and looks for himself. It was definately positive. Paul just held me as i sobbed away saying "OMG - we're having a baby!" and he says "Congratulations baby!!!" We were both in absolute shock I'll never forget that glorious morning!

With DS AF was due the weekend on my hens day which i flew interstate for, i had told my bridesmaids i have to keep an eye out for AF! But it was such a big day i really didnt think much about it, until the next morning still no AF, i was flying home to melbourne feeling as sick as, friends told me your just hungover (think it was a combo)
    I waited until the following morning FMU woke up about 5.30am, still no AF so tested. I neally fell over when i saw the second line, DH was still asleep and had interstate friends still with us, i was shaking, laughing and crying but quietly!
    i bought another test on the way to work and got my 2nd BFP.i dont think i got much work done that day lol! we were pregnant and had 10days until our wedding day! So it was special that in a way Nixon shared our special day with us too.....

This bub i just had a feeling. i couldnt help myself but test the day DH flew to perth. At only 6DPO i thought i had rocks in my head but did it anyway. A faint line appeared straight away, i just kept saying OMG, OMG, OMG! tested an hr later same thing.
    I had to wait 3 days for dh to return (didnt want to tell him over the phone) and was so worried he wouldnt be as excited as i was, but ofcourse he was!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12