Thread: Happy/scared LTTTCer who just got a BFP

Default Happy/scared LTTTCer who just got a BFP

I'm hoping to share some of the feelings and thoughts I'm experiencing after finally getting a BFP. I'm so thrilled, but also sometimes scared that it won't last. Its so hard to find the happy medium, because when I'm positive and happy I find a part of me saying "don't go overboard, still a long way to go yet" and then when I feel concerned or scared I tell myself "c'mon, its important to be be positive!"

Also I only got my positive beta BT last week, so I've been pregnant for 3 days now and it feels like forever! I'm obsessing, although I know I shouldn't. Its like being in love, its all I can think about!

Anyone else relate to all this craziness?
    Last edited by numa; May 24th, 2008 at 12:40 PM. Reason: typo

Hi Numa ... I am still waiting for my result (2 more sleeps) and am feeling crazy! I bet I will be just like you if get BFP! Actually I hear it is really normal! Have you read 'IVF and Ever After'. It talks about the psychological aspects of IVF and how it affects you when you get your BFP! It might be worth having a read! Otherwise there are probably plenty of ladies here to support you!
    Try to take one day at a time and focus your energies on your growing bub!
    Wishing you all the best hun!
    Mon

hi numa,
    I feel exactly the same as you!! I have only just found out I am pregnant with number 2 and it has taken 3 years and 15 months of IVF. This is completely different to how I felt when we concieved our first natually and with no problems.

Every day I feel both happy and scared. I want to start dreaming about our new baby and my son being a big brother, but on the other hand I feel like I need to prepare myself for a loss. It is terrifying and I hear you.

I am here if you want to talk more about it..

hey hun!

I know its hard not to worry but at the same time ur probley thinking...why cant i just be happy like everyone else!?! I too was TTC since 2006 and honestly i thought it was never gonna happen...But here i am just over 17 weeks pregnant and dont worry i still stress. But nothing has gone wrong for me so im pretty happy with that. I admit getting to the 12 weeks seems like it dragsssss but after that it has been pretry quick for me. Try and keep ur head up, and rest a much as u can. How far along are you? Have u started taking vitamins yet??
    take care xoxoxox

So great to hear from you all, thankyou!!

Mon - you always give me great advice One day at a time is the only way... and I still think about your line "PG until proven otherwise"! I'm wishing so hard for you to get a BFP too Good luck!

Runnermum - phew, its good to hear from someone who is feeling the same. Congrats on you BFP!! Isn't it strange to feel like we've achieved something so big, and yet we are also just starting out BTW, when is your due date? Mine is Jan 26.

Hollye - thanks for some advice from someone who has been here and congratulations on getting past 12 weeks all AOK I was saying to my hubby "I wish we could skip forward 2 months"! I am 4 weeks and 6 days today. I have been on a preconception health kick since July 2006 so have been doing vitamins, healthy diet and more recently acupuncture, which I think really helped.
    Last edited by numa; May 25th, 2008 at 10:52 AM. Reason: typo

Hi Girls,

I am sooooo excited to get my BFP. I have to admit I have felt exactly like you all, but really staying focused on positive stuff. I too have been TTC since Sept 2006, I feel like wrapping myself in cotton wool and setting my alarm for 8 weeks time and emerge after that time knowing everything is A OK
    I am doing everything as I have done for the last 3 weeks - only shopping at the farmers markets, drinking 3 litres of water everyday (sometimes more) and laying down to watch Dr Phil at lunchtime and eating lots of protein throughout the day.

The Fertility Clinic sent me a nice little letter and told me my due date is 28 Jan 2009 (I still can't believe it). Are you feeling a little nauseaous? I am really feeling the waves of nausea come throughout the day. BB's are certainly changing - my DH comments everytime I get in the shower.

Anyway Congratulations Numa and Runnermum

Congratulations. It's hard to keep positive when it's taken a long time to get to where you are but it can be done. I've been TTCing on and off for more years than I care to remember but I'm on the home stretch now. I was really nervous in the early days of this pregnancy but I just kept counting milestones and felt more confident with each one. Milestones like a nice big HCG number (in the ten thousands, you'll be there before you know it), first heartbeat detected, 12 weeks, flutters, kicks, reaching 2nd tri and then the 3rd - celebrate them all. You'll be reaching them all before you know it.

Numa - absolutely wonderful, happy news!!! so happy for you chick!!
    yes i can relate to that feeling "like being in love" you think about it ALL day long....
    that's how I feel..... you will get there, just take each day one day at a time and 'try' to be positive as much as you can. It's scary, I agree, i'm scared but also just enjoying every day because it's such a miracle.... and chances are, all will be fine in the end! I should see you over in the January threads yeah??

ETA - just read your other post, you are due same day as me!!!! Yay!!! so you're 5wks tomorrow as well!

Hey everyone, great to hear all your stories and messages of support and positivity, its definitely infectious!

Bindy, Salt and Renstar - Congratulations on your BFP!! Renstar we are due on the same day, so I can just watch your cute little ticker to see where I'm at

Satya - thanks for the encouragement and the reminder to focus on the milestones I guess my next milestone is the second BT this week