Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help interpreting HCG results - please!

lits Guest

Default Help interpreting HCG results - please!

Hi

I've just found out that I'm pg after a blighted ovum and 1 year of TTC. Although I'm excited I'm also very anxious and scared of m/c'ing again. I've just received my HCG results and I need some help interpreting them as they've been faxed to me and the range is blurred from the fax and I can't get in touch with my doc - just my luck!!

I had the test at 15DPO and it's at 299IU/L. Is this good, bad normal? I have another blood test tomorrow so that should tell me if it's doubling but I can't wait that long!

The report also says that the results were obtained using Bayer Centaur/ACS 180 method and shouldn't be compared with results obtained by another method. Is this the standard method?

Any help would be appreciated! Sorry about the long post.

I dont know about the method, but those numbers are perfectly spot on honey!!! Good luck with your doubling time tommorrow!!

Try to stop stressing - those results look good. Best of luck for even better results with the next test.

Congratulations Lits that is great news, your results sound great

Purplemamma, Satya and Bindy - thanks SO much for your positive replies! It's made me feel loads better and more positive.

I'm off to have the other bt this morning so I'll keep you all posted with the results.

Thanks!
    Lits

good luck this morning but those levels are excellent to me
    as The typical hcg level at 10 days past ovulation is about 25. It roughly doubles every 48 hours, so 12 days past ovulation it's 50, 14 days past ovulation it's 100, 16 days past ovulation it's 200, etc. so 299 is a great result

Belly rubs and sticky vibes to you

Congrats!!

As long as the numbers are doubling every 48hrs approx, is all that matters..... it doesnt have to be a high high number to start with, its how it doubles and rises that shows if its' a viable healthy pregnancy.

I get my results this afternoon from my 2nd BT I wish us both luck!!!

Hi all - thanks so much for your positive responses - means a lot...

Quick update - had my BT this morning and results came back this afternoon showing 1760!! Any of you had such a significant increase in 3 days? So far so good! Feeling a lot better about it now that I've had some positive results. Have my u/s in 2 weeks so fingers crossed we see a little heart beating! Is it standard practice to continue on with the bt's or should i just wait for the u/s?

Renstar - congrats on your BFP and for your results this afternoon - let me know how you go!

Niahm75 - thanks for the guide...yet another reassuring guide to get me through the next few weeks!

I'll keep you all posted. Sticky vibes and good luck!

Lits

Lits, it's more than doubled!!! thats wonderful!! Congrats!

My GP is away today, of course she didn't tell me that yesterday did she? I rang and they said no other GP is available to give your results then i rang back and said can you give it to me (receptionist) and she said they havent come in yet???? Are they lying to me? I think so my DH is a nurse and he says they only take like 6hrs!!! so i should have had someone tell me today i'm pretty disappointed. have to wait for tomorrow morning now.... ah well i just hope the wait is a good thing and it means they are extra high.... this unnecessary waiting really doesnt help!!!

Oh no Renstar! It's a love/hate relationship with our medical friends isn't it?! I'm sure everything will be very fine although until you hear the news nothing can really help. Just keep yourself occupied tonight and break those phones in the morning! If your GPs not in yet, I'd just hassle the receptionist until she gives them to you just to get rid of you - always works a treat

Keep me posted...

Lits

Great result. I can't remember exactly what my results were (baby brain) but I know they were considered high and the doc suggested the possibility of twins (it didn't turn out to be). Because my second result was so high it was not considered necessary to test any further and were only tested much later when they tested for all the usual things they test for after a few weeks of testing positive. By then they were in the tens of thousands. I did have a scan at 6w 5d and you'll probably find that you get a fairly early scan as well. Once a nice strong heartbeat is shown on ultrasound the risk of miscarriage goes down to about 5%.

Best of luck for a happy, healthy and uneventful pregnancy.

Hi Lits, a huge congrats on your pregnancy, wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months - your levels are looking great so far. I work in a lab where they do the hcg levels and the only reason the report says about the method is cos hcg is used for monitoring tumours as well as pg and for that, the same method has to be used all along. So as far as you are concerned, all is looking great so far - GOOD LUCK hun

Oops, this posted twice

Satya - bring on the baby brain I say! I too am having a scan at 6wks 4 days so we'll see if it's twins! I really don't think so but as long as all is ok/healthy I don't mind!

Melissa - thanks for the reassurance. Interesting that it's used for monitoring tumours too. Things you learn. Goodluck and lots of baby vibes to you!

I'll keep you all posted.
    Lits

Lits - i'll see you over in the January 16-31 due date thread!!!! You're in mine!

Hi Lits,

OMG that is fantastic news. I have my BT tomorrow to see what my HCG levels are doing (they must be getting better because I have been really nauseous). This will be my first BT since I found out I was pregnant (last friday), its great that they are doing your bloods every three days.

Anyway thanks for sharing your good news, all the best over the next few weeks - keep us updated

Lits, thought I'd let you know my hcg levels as you wanted me to let you know

1055 hcg at 5 weeks pregnant! they were 110 at 4wks 2 days pregnant so they have more than doubled every 48hrs.... i'm so happy!!

Congrats again your levels hun they are great!
    H&H pregnancy to you.

Smile

Hi Lits and Renstar,

I just got the results of my BT and my HCG is at 7228 and Progesterone level is at 24 - I had to get her to repeat the results to me because I didn't think I heard her right - couldn't believe my ears I will be 5 weeks pregnant tomorrow - I still can't believe it! My results at 4 weeks were HCG 220 and Progesterone 24.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast