Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Parenting after Long Term TTC #6

Just quickly getting back to you to thank you for your thoughts girls. Gotta hurry cos Jasmine just got into the box of wipes and is playing peek a boo with the dogs! So my mystery soreness disappeared by the next day. I got heaps of sleep as I felt really drained but with it went the shooting pains and achiness. I really don't want to get mastitis and I was freaking out that I would. Our g.p doesn't open on weekends so I was really lucky that by Saturday, it had gone. Strange, but all is well

Just realised that there was a new thread! Murph glad to hear that it doesn't look like mastitis - I had it once and it is horrid!

Well we didn't get the house that we were originally going for - but the good news is that we have bought another one. It is in the process of being completed at the moment and is just gorgeous - 3 bedroom, 2 storey, 2.5 bathrooms townhouse and obviously brand new! In a suburb 5 minutes away from where we currently are so still very central. It looks like it will be finished by February - so excited about it and can't wait to have more room for Jazzy.

Hi to everyone. Hope all mums and bubs are well.

Just realised that it is my baby's 16 month birthday today - can't believe how quickly she is growing up.

Janie and Jasmine xxx

Happy 16 months from one Jazzy to another and huge congrats on getting a house you're excited about.

That's good to hear Murph!

Congratulations on the house Janie!

everyone else

Hi everyone,

Just wanting to introduce myself - although hopefully some of you at least will know both myself and/or my husband Montyp from other sections of the forum.

On July 21st, after 12 years of waiting, DH and I were blessed with our darling baby boy - Thomas Edward.

I just suddenly realised that I now fit into the category of parenting after LTTTC - so just wanted to say

Hi SeaChange - good to have you finally join us!

BW

barney Guest

great to finally see you here seachange,congratulations hun.

Yay!

Hi Seachange and welcome to the world of mummy. Look forward to sharing your journey with you.

Hi girls hope you are all doing good and Janie good news about the new abode.

I'm soooo tired today, after cracking tooth number 6 it looks like we are now back onto getting some more teeth on the bottom. Shesh, so much is happening in Tara's mouth at the moment and it seems the bottom ones hurt her more as she was very wakeful last night and is very sooky and clingy during the day. So more teething coinciding with my TWW from my ET last friday.... I'm just so tired plus lets add that I now also have a horrid UTI so I'm off to the doc's to get something today but only something safe in pregnancy...

Well our FET went really well on friday, the lab had to thaw 3 blasties to get 2 to transfer. The one that wasn't so good only had about 10% survive but the other 2 had a 90% & 80% success rate, the lab even told me the one that survived at 90% had even started developing further while waiting to be transferred. So today I'm 4dp5dt and have started to get really sore nipples and have had some cramping as well (although don't know if that's from the UTI as well). BT is scheduled for next Tuesday - but I'm a POAS addict so will hopefully have some good news before then.

Anyway girls, have a good day. We are off to MG today.....

Welcome Seachange!

Oh Kelly - I've got everything crossed for you!

HI to everyone else.

Janie and Jasmine xxx

Bad Kelly with your pee sticks! Fingers crossed nice and tight for you

barney Guest

best of luck kelly

barney Guest

hope you all have a wonderful weekend.the sun is out here and its beautiful for doing my gardening all weekend with miss c out in the sun i will put a blanket on the ground and let her go for it ,shes trying very hard to sit up now cheeky bugga
    anyways take care and big hellos to you all.

Hi All

Just thought I would let you know that our FET was unsuccessful, or as the clinic put it "definatively negative", so we are going to do a back to back FET and go back to our good old day 3's, as this is what resulted in Tara. I'm ok with the BFN as having Tara makes everything better anyway.

We are going on holiday on Sunday for a week and then all systems go for FET #5.

Ah, sorry Kelly

Sorry to hear your transfer didn't work Kelly - all the best for number 5.

Haven't had a chance to get onto BB for some time as we had a rotten week with Finn last week. All of a sudden my lovely sleepy baby turned into a non-sleeper. Turns out he may have reflux so he's now on Zantac for that. So far this week (touch wood, touch wood) he seems a bit better so am hoping it does the trick. From my years working in early childhood I always knew I could cope with lots of things, but babies who don't sleep is high on my list of things that send me crazy. Poor little guy, he really was unsettled and although this week he's sleeping better I still can't get him to fall asleep in the bassinet - he will only sleep in the car/pram/on my shoulder etc. Can anyone suggest any wonderful tricks and tips they may have used to get their baby to sleep in the cot???

Hope everyone is well xx

Ah Lise, unfortunately it's pretty common. Keeping them upright as much as possible is the best thing for reflux (and pretty much all babies have it to some extent). It will pass with time. It's no wonder also that they prefer to be held when they're feeling uncomfortable.
    Do you have a carrier - they've very handy for the day time when they happier to sleep in your arms.
    Sleeping in a cot is an acquired taste - it takes time for some little ones and some never really get there. DS slept in a cot briefly, then we gave up after a couple of months of non-sleeping (we're slow learners) and he slept on a mattress on the floor, often with me. Anyway, at this age I wouldn't worry too much about it, it's very likely he'll settle down in the next month or so and figure it out on his own.
    You may want to get a copy of the No Cry Sleep Solution - she has some useful advice on baby sleeping. And just rest whenever you can

Hi Lise

What Marcellus said.... Also as you come up to the 6 week mark you will also start to notice some big changes as Finn will hit a "Wonder Week" when all of his senses start to hit him, especially sight. I think pretty much all of us mum's went through the horror bit around that time.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast