Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Parenting after Long Term TTC #6

Default Parenting after Long Term TTC #6

You can find your old thread here.

If you have any concerns within the thread please email/ PM any of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum (all emails & PM's are treated equally & confidentially) :-

{sarah} - Admin
    marcellus
    Lenny

To contact any of the above, please see this post.

Here's wishing each and every one of you, a happy and easy going parenting journey after a difficult ride to get there!

A new thread!

And just to start it off - I hate teething poo!

BW

Yep teething is definitely poo!

On the up side, DS slept thru for the first time last night! Yep 10.5hrs! I'm one happy Mumma!

to you all!

I second that BW, Tara has 3 more teeth coming through and now for some reason her nappies have turned to "toxic waste".

Counting down until friday....

barney Guest

hi girls just jumping on the new thread,my girl is fast asleep but for how long who knows ,shed been very unsettled the last few nights,but i supoose weve all been sick and shes teething as well so i know what you girls are talking about with the poo charlies is about this colour pooopoooopooo lol and there huge and smell omg lol they go rite up her back sometimes

That happens here every time, Kelly. They go runny, stinky, and just generally gross! And if his poor little bottom is anything to go by - if you don't get to them straight away, they burn!

BW

Just subscribing! I think we have encountered the teething monster here as well...but no awful poos yet..maybe because he is pretty much still only taking in breastmilk. We are doing baby led solids and he is having a great time playing with the food but not much is being swallowed!!!

We're very interested in this teething caper. DS started at about 2.5 months with the dribbling, red cheeks and two hard white ridges on his gums and nights of waking every 2hrs and grumbling and thrashing in his sleep. It went on and off for a while then stopped. In the last 2 weeks though, it's returned again. Add in the toxic nappies and double the dribble (is that even possible?) and even last week had a little vomiting.

Poor little mite won't have a bar of his teething toys, all he wants is Mummy's finger! And boy does he clamp down hard! I can see the chompers under the gums but they just don't seem to be cutting through! So frustrating! Hope we get something soon!

On the upside again though, little monkey slept thru again last night! Think the poor tyke is wearing himself out with the daytime unsettledness.

Hey quick question, DS loves nothing more than "standing up". Would do it all day if you let him. He holds himself really well, such a strong little thing. Should we be encouraging this? Just someone told me not to let him do it at all cause it causes bow legs? What are your thoughts?

BOC: Those little teeth have a habit of playing hide and seek for a while, just when you think they are coming through they decide to go back into hiding for a while before making a grand entrance. I hate to say it but we had that going on for months and months and Tara didn't actually get her first bottom tooth until 7 months. Hopefully you don't have to wait that long.

BW: It is only recently we have had the Toxic Waste, normally she has been pretty good with the other teeth although I think the baby Nurofen we were giving her to sleep also makes them have an upset tummy as well. I know when she is getting bad teething symptoms as we don't just have red cheeks but Tara also get very red around her little "girlie bits". I am pretty lucky though that 99 out of 100 dirty nappies are done when she is awake so I can get onto them pretty quick and normally if she does one in her sleep she will wake up and let me know it is time for a clean nappy.
    Last edited by TaRhLi.; July 28th, 2010 at 08:48 AM. Reason: spelling

BOC, Sam had teething symptoms on and off from when he was four months old. He didn't actually get any teeth until he was 9 months old. And it seems to get worse depending on the size of the teeth coming through - his molars were hell, but he cut all 4 at once which probably didn't help! We still only have one of his canines that's popped through, and his chompiness is calming down so I don't think the one on the other side will make it just yet.

Paed appointment for us this afternoon... plus a rental inspection tomorrow and I'm finding it all but impossible to get started today.

BW

Quick update, DS just sat up on his own!!! And held it too!!! Very excited!

Thanks for the tips, I have a feeling it's going to be a while *sigh*

Talking of teeth, we have another one today. So that's 6 in total - 4 up top and 2 down bottom - so that's 3 teeth in 8 days, no wonder we have had a cranky pants on our hands. Please please please let that be a break for a little while and those canines I saw a couple of days ago have gone back into hiding... they can stay put for a bit.

Boc - DS likes to stand up too! He has since he was about three months old. Very strong legs and would thrust himself up. I asked my baby massage teacher and she said if I was worried to get him to straddle a thigh and then he can stand as much as he likes and bounce etc. She said to make sure if not doing that way to hold him under his arms and not by his hands. I think I remember her saying it is not likely to cause bow legs but I think she was more concerned with hips and ankles having too much weight put on them before they are strong enough. Now DS is older and stronger and can sit up I am no longer do the straddling a thigh thing but I still hold him by his armpits. We also put him in the jolly jumper which I know the jury is still out on as to whether they are good or not!
    DS loves standing up still and we have a struggle when we go to put him on the floor to sit as he refuses to bend his knees to allow a sitting position! This happens with the highchair as well!! He would stand up all day if he could!

Just a quick one til I can get on for a proper chat. I think I may have the signs of mastitis (which I have been so paranoid about gettting and here it is). I've had absolutely no problems with feeding, soreness etc and have never had to do anything to prevent cracking or dryness, it's been a well oiled system but now I am feeling really tired, a bit sick and have shooting pains in my left breast. I'm off to search the other forums for answers but if anyone knows, could you let me know?

Ta

Do you have a lump or sore red spot? Shooting pains I'm not sure...
    Give the ABA a call mate 1800-mum2mum. They'll talk you through it and let you know what to do. Take care yo'self!

No redness or lumps. I read about yeast infections as a possibility so yeah, I will call the hotline for a bit of advice. Thanks Marcellus.

Murph I had it with C and It put me in bed for 3 days I couldnt move. I also had lots of plocked ducts with him. They are sore spots to touch and painful to feed. Whatever it is you should not stop feeding but seek medical advice. Hope all is well soon.

barney Guest

im jumping in to give murph a big hug i wont bump your boobs while hugging you hun poor girl i hope things are better today.

a big hello to all you beauties on this lovely sunday,we've been out side all day in the veggie garden im getting ready to plant gee its been a beautiful sunny day i hope there are more to come soon.
    smithy.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast