Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Parenting after Long Term TTC #6

Thanks for your thoughts ladies, it's enough to bring tears to my eyes! Finn's reflux, feeding and sleeping are actually getting worse so we're at QEII which is a family centre for babies and toddlers. Am hoping they can help a bit because he's not putting any weight on and every feed is a struggle which ends with both oYep, see you both thenf us in tears - his from pain and mine because I feel so useless seeing him like that and not being able to do anything. Will let you know how we go xx

Oh Lise it's good you're getting help. I hope you can sort things out. Maybe use this as an opportunity to rest yourself and don't be hard on yourself, please! You're learning as you go and you will get there

barney Guest

lise hun it sounds like your in the rite place to me and your doing a wonderful thing you will get all the help you need there hun and i wish you all the best.hang in there hun it will all work out.

big hi to you all.

Lise, sorry to hear you are doing it so tough. It's easy to tell you not to feel useless, but harder to stand by and feel you can't help your baby. You're doing the best you can and you will learn whatever is going on with his little system and be an expert in no time. Soon no one will know your baby like you do so hang in there, they're tricky buggers. Look after yourself and let us know how you get on.xo

Hey there Smiffy! I love hearing about your life with miss c and the chooks. What a world away from that horrible place you were in before. I should have vegies and chooks too. We.ve got everything set up and an enormous yard. I love the idea of a fairy garden, how cute is that?

We have settled into a routine with our therapy and travel. we skype witht he therapist weekly and do the big trip to the mainland every fortnight. Now that Jazz is bigger and I don't have to stop for extra feeds, it only takes about 4-5 hours one way. I'm trying to get to a stage where I don't have to stay in Adelaide overnight and can just do the therapy and travel all in the one day. It's a big day but better that than two big days and a night away every fortnight.

We are off to Melbourne next month for more tests and to dot the i's and cross the t's to make sure jazz is a candidate for the Coclear implants. I know, I know, I thought it was a done deal too but apparently, deaf as a post does not automatically guarantee approval. So, back for more interviews with the head of the implant team and surgeon and hopefully a big fat tick in the box for implants and a date in November when the health fund kicks in. I'm sure it's just standard procedure but it's a bit annoying.

Feel free to add your stats to mine, but I am just going to give you an update on Jasmine's and look forward to comparing yours for a bit of fun.

Height: 68 cm
    Weight: 6.5 kilos
    Eye colour: blue
    Hair colour: brown

Hope the weather smiles on you all today. My stinky weather blew the nappies off the line yesterday!

Have a great day

Hiya Loverlies!

Oh Lise hunny, big to you. Sounds like you're in a good place though!

Hey Farmer Smithy! Look forward to getting on a real 'puter so I can check out your pics!

Sorry to hear this cycle didn't work Kelly, that next time is the one!

Murph: , toes and all my bits that Jazzy J qualifies!

AFU: little Hunka Chunka is doing well. Had a scan today as the doc was a little worried about the size of his big boof head so we had a brain scan done and all is good. The teething monster is still terrorizing us, hopefully they'll cut soon. We're a big tough nut that's sitting up now, tries to crawl & can stand up when holding on to furniture. He is just itching to get up & run so I have a feeling that will come early too!

Love the stats Murph! Here's ours:

Weight: 8.77kg
    Height: 73cm
    Eyes: Blue
    Hair: Golden

Yep as I said a big hunka chunka

Hope you girls enjoy the rest of your hump day!

barney Guest

hiya to all you beauties,
    just popping in to say i hope you all have a wonderful weekend.and bring on my tax
    murph and boc its lovely to hear from you both ,big snuggles and kisses to you both girls and thanks for thinking of me i feel very spesh lol.murph you poor love you sound ever so busy hun and i take my hat off to you ,your a great mum thats for sure ,boc you sound really good hun and yep you have a chunka there hun and as for the teeth miss c now has 3 and we have been so lucky with her as all shes eva had is a red bum and rosy cheeks,so i wish you luk and hope them toofys come through soon.
    all is wonderful here,bit tired but arnt we all lol off to vote today still have no idea who for but some one who can help with every day costs.....mmmmmm anyways girls take care and ill add my stats to yours murph i have no idea what length miss c is atm.

SMITHY=
    Weight: 8.25 kgs
    Height: not sure
    Eyes: blue
    Hair: golden blonde with a tinge of red in the sun

BOC=

MURPH=
    Hair colour: brown

Melbel=
    Height: 65 cm
    Weight: 7.2 kilos
    Hair colour: bald as a badger!

Poppyfairy
    Age- 7 months (31 weeks)
    Weight - 8.1 kg or 17lb 13 1/2 oz (at last weigh in two weeks ago)
    Height - no idea but long enough for his little feet to bang against my thighs when walking with him in the sling!!
    Eyes - Grey blue
    Hair - golden blonde with tinges of red in sun
    Milestones - rolling and sitting up, saying dadadada and getting upset when he cannot see me.
    Teeth - none!!!! but lots of teething behaviour!!

Marcellus=
    Can't add stats, sorry, as I have no idea.
    He's 2 years 4 months, too heavy to carry for long and tall enough to bang his head on the table. Still blonde & blue eyed, that much I know

Wow! how amazing it is how our bubbas differ in dimensions...LOL.

we have another lanky skinny one.

SMITHY=
    Weight: 8.25 kgs
    Height: not sure
    Eyes: blue
    Hair: golden blonde with a tinge of red in the sun

BOC=

MURPH=
    Hair colour: brow
    n

Melbel=
    Height: 65 cm
    Weight: 7.2 kilos
    Hair colour: bald as a badger!

Hiya!

Can't add stats, sorry, as I have no idea.
    He's 2 years 4 months, too heavy to carry for long and tall enough to bang his head on the table. Still blonde & blue eyed, that much I know

Good luck with all the paperwork Murph, hope that's the last of it (for now anyway)

Hi! I've added some bits if that is ok.

Poppyfairy
    Age- 7 months (31 weeks)
    Weight - 8.1 kg or 17lb 13 1/2 oz (at last weigh in two weeks ago)
    Height - no idea but long enough for his little feet to bang against my thighs when walking with him in the sling!!
    Eyes - Grey blue
    Hair - golden blonde with tinges of red in sun
    Milestones - rolling and sitting up, saying dadadada and getting upset when he cannot see me.
    Teeth - none!!!! but lots of teething behaviour!!

Just popping in to say what a very excited Mumma I am... JD is commando-crawling! Started this morning! He also gets up on his hands & knees, rocks forward & back then launches & face-plants the floor so I'm thinking it won't be long for full-blown crawling!

Oh and we've recently developed ticklish spots which make for endless hours of giggles & entertainment! Love it!

Thought I would add to the stats

Xavier is
    Age 7 months
    Weight 7.9kg
    Length 67.5cm
    Eyes brown brown brown
    Hair golden brown and getting lighter every day

We are all doing well just busy as usual. must be off to get dinner ready.

another set of stats here

BG - Emerald
    Age- 15 months (near enough)
    Weight - 12kg
    Height - ummm, no idea - tall enough to drag stuff off the table
    Eyes - blue (and very cheeky)
    Hair - strawberry blonde
    Milestones - running everywhere, getting in trouble, trying to say big words that she really shouldn't be trying yet (like ferdinand - for her toy cow - came out nerdinan)
    Teeth - 9 fully though, 5 on the move (three cut through, then disappeared again, i think they're up again now)

just stopping in to say hello! been busy trying to sell the house so i'm a bit AWOL

Sam...

Weight: 14kg (!!!!)
    Height: 87cm (also !!!!)
    Eyes: the most gorgeous and amazing blue
    Hair: golden blonde with reddish lights
    Milestones: walks and runs, getting there with talking, can now feed himself with a spoon or fork
    Teeth: 14, with his bottom two canines apparently on the move again *sigh*

Like BG - post and run today. Enjoying a bit of computer time while Sam and DH entertain themselves in the lounge room, but need to start on bath and bottle routine right now!

BW

Melbel - isn't it cute, your little CJ and my little AJ are both totally bald! And it's so very cold to be bald (especially today). Thank goodness for knitted hats

wantbaby#2 Guest

Hi Girls.Well after quite some time,i have found both a little time and a little energy to get online and make contact.As you may know already and for those that dont,i have become the proud mummy of a precious baby girl named Ellie Juliette.She has stolen my heart in a big way..i never knew i could be so in love with another child but oh my..its overwhelming.
    She is a very good baby.She sleeps alot and when she is awake she loves to stare at the bright colours on the tv.A real old soul,she is.
    I still cant believe she is here though after 6.5 years of trying to create her. I cant wait to be pregnant again.I already am clucky for another but DH said only if it "miraculously" happens naturally as finances are really tight now.Im hoping that by being pregnant,it has stimulated my body to work properly and hoping too,that it has 'cleaned' my insides out.Firstly you must do the deed though and i cringe to admit that we still havnt since before the egg collection so about 10-11 months!!!! I am still waiting for bleeding to stop and my c section scar is still painful so it could be some time yet.
    Anyhow i havnt gone through and read anyones posts as i wanted to get some advice and do a brief RE-introduction before lady muck wakes for her feed in 20 minutes.
    Im curious when everyone had their baby's first vaccinations done and how their baby went. The 8 week vacs are now being done at 6 weeks due to the whooping cough epidemic and im so unsure when to have Ellie's done.Id prefer to wait til 8 weeks but as we have a big family gathering on Fathers day with the familly and 5 small children,coming to meet our princess,i wonder if i should get them done early.Ellie will be 6 weeks on the friday before the fathers day weekend and dont know whether to stay at home,away from the cousins kids or get her vaccinated right on the 6 week mark,2 days prior to fathers day?
    Any advice would be fantastic.Im so worried she will get sick and dont know what to do.My dr says she should stay away from other children and that most people get their bubs done at 6 weeks but i just dont know.
    PLEASE help.xoxox

Hi and welcome WB2 (you'll need to change your username now )
    Whooping cough requires sustained contact with someone infected to pass it on - 3+ hours I think. So you might feel comfortable with limited contact prior to vaccination. A lot of the time these things get passed on by adults who have not had boosters and don't really feel ill - just something to consider.
    Personally I'd prefer to put these things off as long as possible, but we all have different perspectives and attitudes toward risk.

ner ner baldy babies It is bad weather for no hair!

I love reading the stats of all the little bubs, so cute! Here's Finn's:

Weight: 5.1kg
    Height: 56cm
    Eyes: blue but I think they'll change...
    Hair: dark brown
    Milestones: smiling
    Teeth: none thank goodness!

Well we're home from the baby centre and really I think Finn is just the same. We saw the paed again yesterday and he changed Finn's reflux medication so am waiting for that to kick in. Apparently the one he was on only works about 50% of the time whereas the one he's now on is brilliant - if it doesn't work then it's not reflux. So fingers crossed...

Apologies yet again for the lack of persies - Finn is waking so better run

Hi Girls

I'm still floating around, we are back from holidays and DH is still off work until next Monday so hopefully will get some time to catch up when everything is back to normal.

But here are our stats, they may be a little out (but close enough) as we have done them at home as Tara's next MCHN visit isn't until 12 months.

Weight: 9.5kg's approx
    Height: 80cm approx
    Eyes: Big Blue Eyes with long eyelashes
    Hair: Auburn
    Teeth: 6
    Milestones: Now says Yay and Ta as well as Mum and sometimes Dad. Still not crawling but wants to stand up at every opportunity - mainly on me..
    Last edited by TaRhLi.; August 26th, 2010 at 09:51 AM. Reason: wrong stuff

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast