Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Parenting after Long Term TTC #6

Hiya girls!

Not a lot to say today but just wanted to pop in for a moment and make note of the fact that Professor Robert Edwards is the recipient of this year's Nobel Prize. He is known as the "father" of IVF and without him our little thread (and several others) would not be in existence. ANd we wouldn't have the most special of little ones lighting up our lives. We are the lucky ones who have benefitted from this amazingly talented man. So let's all take a moment today to say a big "Thank You" to the man who made all our dreams come true!

Thanks Professor Edwards! Jazzy is truly the most amazing little person and without Doctors/researchers like you she would not be here. I feel truly blessed and thank you from the bottom of my heart. Well deserved winner of the Nobel Prize.

Will come back soon for an update girls, like all of you I am run off my feet at the moment!

Janie xxx

Oh, so true and nicely said!

Lol Smithy. That was about a day.... I felt bad that I hadn't got round to say bye, but here you are again anyway.

Great news on the new car Saph

barney Guest

marcellus hun i cant leave this place maybe sometimes its a few weeks before i post but i always have to get on bb its been my life now for so long it just feels normal to me lol .i could never leave you all foreva .

and yes thank you so much professor we are so in love with our miracle and its wonderul clever people like you who have helped so many couples have beautiful babies,so from the smiths we say THANK YOU.

Smithy, you big dag!!! It felt like goodbye when I read it last night and I went and had a big catch up on Charlie photos in case I don't get to see her for a while. she is gorgeous and is starting to look like one of your other daughters. We'll always know where to find you somewhere lurking Take care of yourself though and big hugs to you and little Charlie. I had no idea she was sick, so I really hope everything is okay now.

Oh BOC, you gave me the kind of goosies that keep spreading until you feel them in your cheeks like you're blushing. What a lovely thing to read and we certainly took that moment to pause and think of the wonderful Professor. Thanks for bringing a huge smile and making us reflect sweet thing.

barney Guest

MURPH you are truely a sweetheart hun and i love ya to bits and if i do ever go any wher id ask for your email addy first hun so i could never loose contact with you and jazzy

big hi to you all today ,hope all is wonderful in baby land

Hi Girls

Just a quickie and I'll be back later for a better catch up... We had our 7 week scan today and we are having......TWINS.

Both measured at 7w 1d, although my calculations awe are 7w 2d but everything good so far...

barney Guest

CONGRATULATIONS KEL AND DH.
    wow what great news for you both im thrilled to bits hun.

Congratulations Kelly, DH and Tara. What awesome news. Look forward to hearing more when you have a moment.

Janie and Jasmine xxx

Congratulations Kelly, DH and Tara. What awesome news. Look forward to hearing more when you have a moment.

Janie and Jasmine xxx

first of all, my disclaimer! my subscription keeps dropping off! so that's why i haven't been on - thinking you've all ditched the site! brh. so many apologies.

SECOND AND MOST IMPORTANT --- wooowwweee Kelly D huge congrats!!! Twins! OMG woman, you don't do things by halfs do you! lol. hope they are both healhty and your pregnancy is good!

murph - sorry i missed your post about your baby-daddy doing so well. for him!! that's so wonderful. I know what you mean about bursting with pride. i'm like that with my dh (he just got a very very excellent report and looks like promo coming his way) but your dh's achievement is truly truly special. surely this will open many professional doors to him!

well it's been crazy here. we had Bub-bub's christening and all our family! 20 people here for lunch on sunday but 12 family members from across the country descended for several days! it was loud, rude, drunken and busy! and got wayy too much for bub. but for an over stimulated, over tired baby he's been a little champion.

Now to our big news. FET was done last friday - worst timing EVER gurlllfreeeeennnnn - with all the craziiness of the past week. but the embryo thawed very well and i've been so busy haven't had time to think about it. did get a little rest in on friday and tried to take it easy (ha!) didn't lift stuff etc but was a bit stressed with all that was happening so really not sure if it'll take (poor little thing already had the odds stacked against it and mummy didn't really help!)

anyhoo, haven't booked in for BT as that got lost in the confusion of the past week. I'm assuming this time next week i'll go in.

how early did you girls HPT (if at all) with your pregs? I didn't HPT at all with Ash. I ovulated on Saturday (whatever the first one in october was) and had the transfer on oct 9. Of course now things have all finished up with the baptism and the family have "urinated'' off - it's all i can think about and, well, quite frankly, i wanna know my answer, like NOW!

gotta run. bub trying to eat balloonn!!!! oxoxox

Congratulatinos x2 Kelly!

All the best for your little one too Grub. Too busy to think about it is a good thing!

Wow Kelly, Congratulations!

Thanks girls

Grub I saw the pic's on FB of Ashton's christening... Looks like you all had a mighty good time. Now the POAS question. I did mine on the Monday after having the transfer on the previous Tuesday and got a faint second line, which was much darker on the following day - but mine were day 3's not a blasty like yours. I hope this helps....

thanks kelly. i did one this arvo (couldn't help myself) and of course "computer says nnnooo''. for those not initiated into Little Britain humour - it was not preggo.

i'm neither disappointed nor surprised as a) probably too early and b) will be shocked if this poor little blighter has made it.

but i was shocked when i got my bfp with ash so fingers crossed. But do you ever truly believe something so wonderful as a child will happen to you? lol. even now i can't keep my hands of ash, like I need to touch and kiss him just in case he disappears or turns out to be a dream. DH calls it baby stalking and i'm sure ash thinks "oh go away mum and stop kissing me!'' lol.

ugh we had 3 cakes for the baptism - one for ash's christening, and two bday cakes for Dh's 30th and my bro's 27th... now everyone has gone home i'm left to finish off a large choc mud; a choc sponge wiht choc ganash and a vanilla sponge with lemon curd icing. it's a lot harder than it sounds.

at the very least I'll be having a cake baby in a few day's time i'm sure of it. hahahah

cake baby!
    Do you need some help with those cakes...?
    Waaaay too early mate. I have never poas'd when I was actually pregnant. The two cycles we actually had a shot (and did get pregnant) i didn't get the sticks out. Figured we'd paid for a test anyway and I'm a bit paranoid about chem pregnancies too.
    Give it another week...

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY TARA

OMG... Where has the past year gone. It is so hard to believe that 1 year ago we welcomed a tiny little girl into our little family and now she is growing up into a big cheeky toddler.

happy birthday tara!! hope she had a fabulous day!!
    wow that did go quick.

and marcellus ... ''yeah, i know, too early,'' she says like an insolent teenager who wants it her way all the time. bbrrhh.

mum and dad were due to leave today but virgin just cancelled their flight! so all visitors may not be gone... i wouldn't mind if they had another night with us here, a quiet night with us and bubba alone so fingers crossed they get rebooked for tomorrow.

hows everyone else trundling along????

and saph did you get the car???

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast