Well you will all recall Campbell didnt get a place at the private school that we wanted him to go to. So I ring them on Wednesday to find out where he is on the waiting list. They say (of course) sorry we cant give you that information, but look at other options. The local gov school applications close end of June or July so thought right get my finger into gear and actually look. We are not keen on him going here as the school is huge. They have 8 kindy classes this year.
So Thursday I find info on a small Catholic private school in the area. I have not looked at the school previously as it is in the not so flash suburb near us. Made an appointment and went and had a look and it seems to be a lovely little school and they have a place for him to start kindy next term. They also have before and after school care on site. I was also able to get the extra day daycare that moving him will require. All sorted we are happy with the decision. Booked a time for DH and Campbell to go and have a look next friday.
Few hours after I get home the phone rings (lol I can hear you laughing but our phones dont ring often) It is Admissions for the private school that we wanted him to go to. Do we still want a place and can we come in for an interview. AAARRRGGGGHHH we have gone from having nowhere for him to go to having to many options. lol
Oh the joys of parenthood. we are thinking we will go with our orriginal prefered option. It is considerably more expensive but he will go from pre-primary to year 12 at the one school. If we go with the other school we then have to find a high school for him and he is not garenteed a place at a catholic high school just because he went to primary. And if we find that it is not a good fit for him we can pull him out and still have other options, but if we give up that place thats it.
Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend and grub you are busy with your new wee one.
Bookmarks