Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Parenting After LT TTC ~ January - April 2008

Yep... Samuel's doing really well. Settling well most of the time, and still sticking to the 4 hourly feed routine that the hospital established with only the odd hiccup. Starting to enjoy his baths a bit more, which is good.

BW

Ktgirl I'll do my best to send AF your way. Are you BF or FF? I only ask coz I'm BF Sage and was told to "be careful"(with intercourse) after the 6 month mark as ovulation could possibly start anytime from then on. Well its obviously taken about 14 months since I had Sage for that to happen but I do know everyone is different.

Its so cute to see the little bubbas with little teeth isn't it.
    Sage also cross cut most of his so far. He looked very funny for a while as he had his bottom 2 and 1 top front tooth and 2 top 1 year old molars. He has only recently cut his
    2nd,3rd and 4th top front teeth and 1 bottom molar aswell as the 3rd bottom front tooth

BW well done on having Samuel feeding roughly 4 hourly already. How are you feeling?

Monnie I have been thinking about you lots. I haven't seen you about for a while. Hope you are ok

Hi to everyone. I hope you and your little ones are all ok.

Hi Mako. I am FF the twins now. I BF for three months and I was on the mini pill during that time. although people kept telling me that BF was a natural contraception I was not ready to have a little surprise happen with new born twins lol. Once I stopped BF I got a period pretty quickly. That was in September and I am still waiting for another one I stopped taking the mini pill ages ago now also because I was waiting for AF so I can take the proper pill to try and calm down some of the PCOS symptoms I have been getting again. Anywho I guess it will come when it is good and ready... just sick of waiting.

Hi Ktgirl
    It sure does suck having pcos doesn't it. I hear you loud and clear on not wanting a new bubba with new born twins lol. Are you able to just start the pill or do you have to wait for AF?
    I wish in a way that I could go back on the pill but unfortunately that is a No No forever for me now. I wish I'd have known that when I was on it for sooooooooo many years. Luckily I'm still here considering what "could"have been So DH and I aren't doing anything to prevent another preg but we aren't doing our best to have another bub just yet either. I guess we are lucky or unlucky that BF has worked as a contraceptive so far which ever way I want to loook at it

Oh and WELL DONE for BF your bubbas for as long as you did Its a tough gig with 1 bub let alone 2

Hi ladies

We have a sticky thread on immunology testing in the LTAC area that members have added too over the last few years but it has been dormant for a while but you may have found it useful when you were TTC.

If you were able to take the time, it would be valuable for other members to have any information you may have gained from your own investigations included in this thread which wont disappear over time.

I will also bump it to see if we can add valuable learnings for us all.

HERE it is.

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Thought I would take a moment whilst DD is actually resting comfortably to come and post something other than a brief hello!

I'd be really keen to find out how everyone found the first 3 months or so with their babies. I am finding it so overwhelming at times, TBH, despite how lucky and wonderful having our baby is (a concept with quite a lot of guilt attached!). DD has very bad wind (both ends) that is progressively getting worse as she grows - she's now turning collicky at almost 4 weeks old - and I feel like I've tried just about everything under the sun to help her with her wind/gas. I'm finding it hard to accept that it's pretty normal for babies to be completely healthy and thriving (as she is) but to be as uncomfortable and upset as she is at times. Her crying/straining is also a huge trigger for my anxiety levels, as I expect it is for every mother! My perceived ability to cope swings wildly throughout the day too, and I am scared about how long the colic/wind will last and will I/we make it through that time ok?

It would be so great to hear how other mothers to AC babies feel with relation to managing and coping - especially when we feel how precious our babies are - and I'm sure it will help me normalise my own situation a lot better to know how other Mums and Bubs cope.

Miss C

Miss C,
    I'm about to head to bed, finally have DS asleep..YAY..Anyway, just wanted to drop in quickly and say if you go back to page 8 of this thread, I posted something similiar. Also if you go back to the first few pages of this thread for a read, you'll find similiar things as well...

You are most definately not alone in your feelings there... I'm sure some more coherent posts will be made in the morning

Just a quick one from me, DS has a tooth just starting to come through the gum! Think it is why he has been sleeping bad the last couple of days - and nights lol.

Nic

Miss C, bad news up front - you are about the hit the worst of it. these things tend to peak at around 5-6 weeks. You may feel you can't cope. You may feel like it'll never get better. you may run around like a headless chicken trying everything under the sun but nothing seems to help.... (just speaking from my own experiences here ...) You will trudge on, weary and overwhelmed (oh, and probably feeling guilty cause didn't you want this sooo bad...?).
    Then (and here's the good news) sometime around the 8-10 week mark (probably, fingers crossed) you'll get a bit of sleep and catch your breath long enough to realise.... things are better now!
    Like Nic says, go back and read earlier posts - you'll see the same stuff. I'm sure there's one in here somewhere about how I wanted to take DS back to the hospital... (I mean to leave him there...)
    Hope you have plenty of support at home, even just someone to watch bubby while you take a nap can really help in getting through this time. And enjoy, as much as possible, the wonderful moments in between... everyone says it, I know, but they really do grow soooo fast!

Teeth will do that Nic, hey? We're on a hiatus between teeth at the moment, but I know it won't last long. Just gotta try and get some sleep while I can!

No AF here and I'm glad about that! Hope it comes for you soon ktgirl.

Glad you're settling in BW after your rough start.

You know Marcellus, the funny thing about the teeth thing is he is hardly drooling at all, but since he was about a month or two old, he was drooling that much that we had to sometime change his clothes.
    I think the tooth has just fully broken the gum...look out mummies boobies!

6 month needles tomorrow DH is waking up early (will finish nightshift in the morning) and is going with us, being school holidays we are taking DD with us, but are going to tag team so DH will take DS in for his imms while DD and I sit in the waiting area, I think she will get too upset if we took her in and he started to cry.

Ohh Nic I hope DS is feeling ok after his needles today. Poor little munchkin I hate taking the twins for their needles. My Mum always has to come with me because DH is at work and I can't do it by myself with two babies. We have to do tag team too where I hold the first baby and they get their shots and then pass to Mum and then have to do it all over again with the second baby. It is horrible. At least now the next one isn't until 12 months!!! Yay for 6 months and no needles. That is good that your DH could go in this time

Hi everyone else. Hope you are all well.

Thanks for the replies, Nic and Marcellus - I really appreciate the advice and support. I think when I posted I was feeling pretty overwhelmed and a bit desperate to here from other mums! (I don't know a lot of mums yet where we live in the UK - still settling) I have had a look at page 8 and started reading through all the posts from the start of the thread (when there's some time!) and have found it really helpful - thanks for pointing me in the direction, Nic It's nice to feel that I'm not a bad parent, or that I'm not coping - it sounds like what I've been feeling is really quite normal and it really helps!

Nic - I hope DS's needles went ok today.

Hope everyone is going well and babies are all ok

DS was the same Nic - I thought he was just wierd, now I know better! he used to soak through his clothes, but no more...

It is good to have a nice break between shots.

It is good to feel normal. Do you have a mothers' group Miss C? I'm not sure whether my post really was all that helpful - I think sometimes I write these things to remind myself that however hard it is now it is definitely easier than it was then...

His other front top tooth is on the way now. The other top one took 2 weeks . I realised today that i've had about 5-6 good nights in the past 4 months. cripes. My friend asked me how I cope with work - you know, I'm not really sure

hey girls
    Needles went well. DH took him in and we could hear him giggling! Then I heard him give a little squeal sp?, which DH informed me later on, was because he took DS's soft book off him lol. A bit warm that night, nothing bad thogh, put him down and he woke about half an hour later on, but was pretty good after that.

Kate, I don't know how you do the needles with twins! Doing it with one is emotional enough!

Miss C, Nothing wrong with posting when you are a little overwhelmed or emotional.. While we kind of know that we aren't the only women to go through the different emotions of being a new mummy, it's always nice to have someone say "Yep I felt the same way too" It makes you feel kind of normal

Marcellus, 2 weeks for a tooth! Ouchies! Hope the other one comes through a bit quicker and as painless as possible.

While I'm on tooth chatter here, I found that DS actually has 2 teeth coming through and not 1! What a surprise that was when i found the 2nd one!

Hi ladies

Oh Nic i feel your pain Owen & Julia had their first immunisations last Friday and arghhh next time i need a babysitter and a bottle of wine for when i get home Not quite as bad as Owens circumcision but not a nice part of mummyhood!

Oh Miss C hang in there hun! I think what your feeling is definately normal and guilt seems to be a huge side affect of parenthood, and when you have a baby who is windy or refluxy and screaming all the time its a wonder we have any hair left at all!

Can i ask a couple of questions?

Firstly how long after you stopped Bf'ing did you get AF? If you had PCOS how long would you let this go before seeing a Dr?

Also with all this teeth talk, when do babies usually start getting their first teeth?

Thanks
    Shan

Hi Shannon. After I stopped BF my twins I got a AF reasonably quickly. I can't remember exactly now (baby brain lol) but it was only a week or two I think. Since then I have not got AF again it has now been 4 months and it is starting to frustrate me damn PCOS.

As far as teeth go I think they say 7 months is pretty normal for the first teeth however all babies are very different. My DD got her first tooth when she was 5 1/2 months followed about a week later with the second. She is also cross cutting so she also now has her left and right incisor (which generally they get at 10 months she got them at 6 1/2 & 7 months) and she has no front teeth lol it looks so funny. But her twin brother is yet to have one tooth come through, so it just shows how different it can be.

I notice you are in Brisbane. Where abouts are you. I also live in Brisbane (well just out of Brisbane). We should have a twins meet up some time.

Hi everyone else. Hope you are all well xxx

Ah well, the lack of sleep finally caught up with me. I've been laid low the last few days by a ..... cut finger! can you believe that? Got a nasty infection from it - like I'm a frail old lady or something. feeling better today.

DH has always taken DS for shots so I've yet to have that pleasure...

hopefully it'll be a while yet before you have to deal with teeth Shannon

Hope you ladies are all doing well.

Shannon, DS's teeth broke through last week i think? Not sure about DD's, can't find her book ATM. I think it was a bit earlier than DS's though.
    B/F with DD - my AF returned about a month after i finished i think? I remember thinking that she would be due around our wedding which was about 4 weeks away from then.

Marcellus, ouchies at the cut finger AND an infection WOW! Hope you are feeling better today

Well I have a question now, for those who have chatty bubba's, when did they say their first word? I swear DS said MUM today even DH heard it... 6 months 3 weeks though..isn't that a bit early?

Marcellus- I hope you are feeling better now. You poor pumpkin

Nic - My DS is a chatty baby, has been from very early on and will make sounds like dadada and he says mmmum (really drawn out it is quite funny) where as DD is not a chatty baby so when she does talk it is just a noise really

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast